Coaching Carousel

BLIKNS

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, mrjoelabs said:

I think theres a better chance Kim English heads there from the A10 then Ford. Or Corey off of our staff. Mizzou is going to try to go cheap on this hire. They are paying a boatload to make Martin leave. 

If this happens, SLU/Mizzou game could be an annual thing.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, mrjoelabs said:

I think theres a better chance Kim English heads there from the A10 then Ford. Or Corey off of our staff. Mizzou is going to try to go cheap on this hire. They are paying a boatload to make Martin leave. 

Is the Mizzou AD paying the $6 million or is it boosters ponying up the buy-out?  Or maybe a spilt between the department and the boosters.  From the (rarely accurate) sport reports, a group of boosters wanted him out.  Any boosters who made a heavy contribution would want a say in the next coach.

Schasz likes this

On 3/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, billiken_roy said:

Mi$$ouri has always had delusions of their "greatness".   I took great joy in their crash this year.

Great point about Missouri delusions. They are a delusional fanbase. Mediocre program. They won't be happy until they can put Zombie Norm Stewart on the bench.

Love watching the inevitable Mizzou crash and burn. Keep it coming, "como"

On 3/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, billiken_roy said:

Mi$$ouri has always had delusions of their "greatness".   I took great joy in their crash this year.

That's rich, coming from a $LU fan. I take great joy in your mediocrity every year. No real threat in STL. 

9 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

That's rich, coming from a $LU fan. I take great joy in your mediocrity every year. No real threat in STL. 

No delusions of grandeur here but we have attained better results than ol' Scandal Plagued University of Missouri at Columbia (aka SPUMAC) without all the built in advantages of a P5 conference affiliation.   I'd be too embarrassed to talk smack here but I'm a reasonable, educated person.

I look forward to your next home run hire at BB coach.  Popcorn ready.

7 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

Yes it is a threat to the St. Louis area recruiting no one wants to go to MU.

I read Tiger bore no SLU fans care enough to troll your board.

Its really rich you showing up running your mouth when the program you root for is a total dumpster fire.

Medocrity > dumpster fire

I will take great joy transitioning to lake living I could care less about MU.

billiken_roy likes this

7 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

No delusions of grandeur here but we have attained better results than ol' Scandal Plagued University of Missouri at Columbia (aka SPUMAC) without all the built in advantages of a P5 conference affiliation.   I'd be too embarrassed to talk smack here but I'm a reasonable, educated person.

I look forward to your next home run hire at BB coach.  Popcorn ready.

Your school has generally hired better coaches in recent years. Including Ford. 

6 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

Your school has generally hired better coaches in recent years. Including Ford. 

Suppose that means you saw that the writer in the Post Dispatch that covers Mizzou mentioned that they might have interest in talking to Ford for the HC job.

Just now, Schasz said:

Suppose that means you saw that the writer in the Post Dispatch that covers Mizzou mentioned that they might have interest in talking to Ford for the HC job.

I did see that. I as a fan would be interested in Ford but I don't think the Mizzou base in general is and I doubt the administration is. 

And to be honest, I'm not sure Ford would be interested. 

50 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

I did see that. I as a fan would be interested in Ford but I don't think the Mizzou base in general is and I doubt the administration is. 

And to be honest, I'm not sure Ford would be interested. 

Honestly the search should start and end with Mark Turgeon, but I highly doubt that would fly in Como.

12 hours ago, CBFan said:

Yes it is a threat to the St. Louis area recruiting no one wants to go to MU.

I read Tiger bore no SLU fans care enough to troll your board.

Its really rich you showing up running your mouth when the program you root for is a total dumpster fire.

Medocrity > dumpster fire

I will take great joy transitioning to lake living I could care less about MU.

there are a number of high school coaches that would likely be interested.   my understanding the number one concern these high school coaches have with coaching at mi$$ouri is they are used to coaching in front of more fans then they expect in columbia. 

CBFan likes this

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

there are a number of high school coaches that would likely be interested.   my understanding the number one concern these high school coaches have with coaching at mi$$ouri is they are used to coaching in front of more fans then they expect in columbia. 

Add some steak to that sizzle, Roy! Damn! 

At this point, just bring Mike Anderson back. He’s done his penance.