• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Hmmmmm ... no Thatch.  Interesting.

I see lots of variables in the water,.

Fred has said in a few pressers this year he is coming back next year. Carter and Stu have both mentioned it throughout the year. 

35 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

From his interview on Saturday "I can't say yes and I can't say no".

Being honored - or not being honored - on Senior Day doesn't close the door on a return (except for Jones), but I agree eyebrows are raised on Perkins.

he could do graduate transfer for a year somewhere besides here?

12 minutes ago, almaman said:

he could do graduate transfer for a year somewhere besides here?

If he is going to play college ball, why would he leave Yuri? Besides every transfer now is like a grad transfer - anyone can easily leave and not sit.

57 minutes ago, dlarry said:

No reason for Thatch not to come back. If he comes back and plays an entire year like he has the last 10 games it could be the difference of playing pro ball in Australia or Iraq. 

One factor might be when he will finish up his masters degree. If he needs another year, he will be back. If he finishes the degree in May, or perhaps after the summer, that could point to a different path. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

No reason for Thatch not to come back. If he comes back and plays an entire year like he has the last 10 games it could be the difference of playing pro ball in Australia or Iraq. 

From what I’ve heard pro ball isn’t really his route. 

Bills By 40 likes this

33 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He doesn’t have interest or doesn’t have the ability?  From what I’ve seen this year, he could have a nice career overseas and end up making some money.  He’s not a G League talent like Jordan though.

Perk will come back.  His stock is as low as its ever been (unfortunately).  

5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

He doesn’t have interest or doesn’t have the ability?  From what I’ve seen this year, he could have a nice career overseas and end up making some money.  He’s not a G League talent like Jordan though.

Perk will come back.  His stock is as low as its ever been (unfortunately).  

From what I heard, and it’s been a little while, but think of scott highmark from  the midtown madness podcast, sounds like he’ll want to work.

that said, the way he’s been playing recently could change that. He may have  thought the sickness he had he could never fully shake or get back to normal which appears so now. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

You might be right but I have a hard time believing someone as competitive as Thatch can just hang it up and get his fix playing rec at the local YMCA.  
Even if it’s only for a year or two I think there is a lot to gain from going over seas to play ball. 

He’s got a good head on his shoulders so whatever route he takes I’m sure he will be successful.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

You might be right but I have a hard time believing someone as competitive as Thatch can just hang it up and get his fix playing rec at the local YMCA.  
Even if it’s only for a year or two I think there is a lot to gain from going over seas to play ball. 

He’s got a good head on his shoulders so whatever route he takes I’m sure he will be successful.

Ya this new Fred the past 2 months may have changed that. 

4 hours ago, The Valley Sucks said:

I wish they would go back to doing it before the game. A lot of people leave and skip the ceremony especially if the team is losing.  

I think I’m the minority in that I MUCH prefer it after the game. I’ve never understood the arguments in favor of before the game (other than the awkwardness if there is a loss). The ceremony always feels rushed. Plus, a lot of people are not in their seats for pregame introductions, so the argument about people leaving after doesn’t add up. There is nothing better than saying farewell to a long-term contributor after a big win on senior night. 

19 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Don’t know what Fred’s degrees are but he can/will make more money in business then playing in Europe. If money is his thing. 

Fred has so much going for him he could play pro in another country or use his brain to make money.

I am sure someone in St. Louis would love to hire Fred.  I hope Fred stays at SLU uses up his eligibility and get his doctorate.

Players like Fred make it easy to be a Billikens fan.

David King and billiken_roy like this

12 minutes ago, thetorch said:

So if Perkins comes back he'll have two SR nights? Hmmmmmmmmm

He's gone. Bring on Caleb Love.

I was just listening to a podcast yesterday. I guess it's getting really common for people to have multiple senior nights. With testing the NBA waters, no one is really gone until they officially declare

rgbilliken likes this

7 minutes ago, thetorch said:

So if Perkins comes back he'll have two SR nights? Hmmmmmmmmm

He's gone. Bring on Caleb Love.

Even with the caveat that he hasn’t made a decision yet, I’m in the same mindset as you. I know what TheOne said a few months back, but I’m also very inclined to believe what Coach314 has been saying (what everyone else has blissfully ignored). 

Word around campus is that it’s a 50/50 chance. Everyone that I’ve talked to has said they don’t know but just based on the way they framed their responses, I think it’s more likely than not that he leaves. Time will tell I guess.

*blue font* let’s bring on Caleb Love, he’ll be the Yuri back up we’ve been looking for.

CBFan likes this