Rich vs St. B

That was an entertaining and well played game.  Osunniyi was certainly not at 100%, yet he scored 16, blocked 3 and added 6 boards.  He clearly was not jumping on rebounds, but letting his teammates gather the ball as he screened.  The experience from the iron 5 prevailed tonight. Tough to beat anyone on their home court on Senior Night.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

no offense dlarry but all that is pretty stupid.  sure hope you ranb out of blue ink.  otherwise just dumb, dumb. dumb.

Why?

Tomorrow’s game has no affect on the Bills positioning.

They need fresh legs if they are going to win 4 games in 4 days.

Get the starters a little run early then let them get some extra rest. 

HoosierPal and Matty Light like this

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Am I the only person who wanted to be forced into 5th place? I honestly think our team benefits from the first game as a warm up. The Bonnie’s can come in cold.

I doesn’t really matter. Bonnie’s are a terrible matchup for us unfortunately. With O back, we’re toast.

7 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Am I the only person who wanted to be forced into 5th place? I honestly think our team benefits from the first game as a warm up. The Bonnie’s can come in cold.

Considering Gibby is out of gas, and O2 isn’t 100%, we needed it more.  

Also we’ve never won the A10T as a top 4 seed under ford, people forget this. 

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Considering Gibby is out of gas, and O2 isn’t 100%, we needed it more.  

Also we’ve never won the A10T as a top 4 seed under ford, people forget this. 

he sure didnt look like he had any issues vs rhodey imo.   most of rhodey we played a little more up tempo and yuri played point guard instead of hero.   when we play that way, we are the best team in the conference.   when we turn it into a 1 on five game is when we have trouble.  

I have no interest in driving 45 miles to a game to watch the subs because the coach wants to rest players for the tournament it would be a waste of money and time.

I do not think the coach will do that and I do not think the players will want that either.

Play the seniors until the first whistle and then get back to business trying to beat VCU and play spoiler for the first place finish.

Take first place away from VCU.  VCU would do that to the Bills and we would be upset if another team laid down at home and took first place away From the Bills.

48 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

he sure didnt look like he had any issues vs rhodey imo.   most of rhodey we played a little more up tempo and yuri played point guard instead of hero.   when we play that way, we are the best team in the conference.   when we turn it into a 1 on five game is when we have trouble.  

I’m not sure he’s back, he missed 2 layups, one was with rather ease. 

but he looked better, that’s for sure 

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I have no interest in driving 45 miles to a game to watch the subs because the coach wants to rest players for the tournament it would be a waste of money and time.

I do not think the coach will do that and I do not think the players will want that either.

Play the seniors until the first whistle and then get back to business trying to beat VCU and play spoiler for the first place finish.

Take first place away from VCU.  VCU would do that to the Bills and we would be upset if another team laid down at home and took first place away From the Bills.

I would add this: Our loss there last year probably cost us a tournament appearance. I certainly don't want to lay down and just let them get theirs (yes I know it would be good for the conference). Also, I don't think resting the team for one game will materially affect how we would play next Thursday. Just my opinion. It's senior day, win baby. 

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Plus, soft Davidson in the semifinals DC would be a much more beatable opponent than VCU, which will be playing de facto home games in DC, only 106 miles up I-95. 

Absent unforeseen injury, resting players 4 days before the next game isn’t going to make any difference. 

On the other hand, lengthening the bench with the eye of needing more reinforcements in the A10 Tourney makes sense. But there is a difference between parceling out some more limited minutes and wholesale resting players like Jimerson. 

CBFan likes this

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Plus, soft Davidson in the semifinals DC would be a much more beatable opponent than VCU, which will be playing de facto home games in DC, only 106 miles up I-95. 

Absent unforeseen injury, resting players 4 days before the next game isn’t going to make any difference. 

On the other hand, lengthening the bench with the eye of needing more reinforcements in the A10 Tourney makes sense. But there is a difference between parceling out some more limited minutes and wholesale resting players like Jimerson. 

More importantly I do not like VCU and their stupid trolls that show up on the board.

I always want the bench expanded however we do not see coach Ford doing that very much.

I want the VCU board troll Lester Q to have a really bad day today.

@dlarry

dumb ---- if Rashad WIlliams hasn't shown up to date, it ain't happening today.  I'd rather see Nesbitt, Jimerson and Thatch takes those threes where they might come in use down the road.

dumb ---- what would Strickland do with 30 minutes because after two he'd be on the bench with two or three fouls

dumb ---- what would Lorentsson do with 30 minutes except nearly double his game minutes this season to date.  And be on the bench with Strickland in the first two.

dumb ---- what would Traore do with 30 minutes except find out he can''t cover neither Ward nor Stockard nor DeLoach nor Brown-Jones.  But be able to sit next to his two buddies with two fouls as well.

dumb ---- now you have three guys all on the bench with fouls.  So who are you playing?  The "tired" guys?

dumb ---- there is five days after this game before you play Thursday.  If you are tired still, you're not a D1 basketball player.

dumb ---- you concede to VCU.  To VCU.  The same team you might have to beat down the road.  

dumb ---- you take guys out of a game rhythm.  

This isn't the NBA --- where I don't subscribe to their game management theories either.

AGB91 likes this

43 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@dlarry

dumb ---- if Rashad WIlliams hasn't shown up to date, it ain't happening today.  I'd rather see Nesbitt, Jimerson and Thatch takes those threes where they might come in use down the road.

dumb ---- what would Strickland do with 30 minutes because after two he'd be on the bench with two or three fouls

dumb ---- what would Lorentsson do with 30 minutes except nearly double his game minutes this season to date.  And be on the bench with Strickland in the first two.

dumb ---- what would Traore do with 30 minutes except find out he can''t cover neither Ward nor Stockard nor DeLoach nor Brown-Jones.  But be able to sit next to his two buddies with two fouls as well.

dumb ---- now you have three guys all on the bench with fouls.  So who are you playing?  The "tired" guys?

dumb ---- there is five days after this game before you play Thursday.  If you are tired still, you're not a D1 basketball player.

dumb ---- you concede to VCU.  To VCU.  The same team you might have to beat down the road.  

dumb ---- you take guys out of a game rhythm.  

This isn't the NBA --- where I don't subscribe to their game management theories either.

Playing those guys 30 minutes plus was a bit of an exaggeration. 
Getting bench guys more minutes so Collins, Jimerson, Thatch, and Okoro don’t log 35+ minutes and might be a step faster come Thursday is all I was saying.

There is a reason it’s done in the NBA and that’s because it helps. 

Im not saying to lay down for VCU but I would be more than happy seeing the bench guys get a lot more time if it helps in the tournament. 

I call lots of things Travis does "dumb" so don't take it personally @dlarry.  Matter of fact, it should be a badge of honor.

As I said, they all now have five days off to rest legs.  It won't get any better than that.  The bench guys did do all the damage, only the bench guys were Okoro, Thatch, and Jimerson.  This game meant a lot from a psychological standpoint --- defending the home turf, putting the thought in VCU's head they can be beat, and bouncing them out of our side of the bracket.  Too much on the line to dummy down things.  

And, of course, we tried to piss a 32 point lead into oblivion once again.  Sometimes, this whole team is "dumb."

41 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I call lots of things Travis does "dumb" so don't take it personally @dlarry.  Matter of fact, it should be a badge of honor.

As I said, they all now have five days off to rest legs.  It won't get any better than that.  The bench guys did do all the damage, only the bench guys were Okoro, Thatch, and Jimerson.  This game meant a lot from a psychological standpoint --- defending the home turf, putting the thought in VCU's head they can be beat, and bouncing them out of our side of the bracket.  Too much on the line to dummy down things.  

And, of course, we tried to piss a 32 point lead into oblivion once again.  Sometimes, this whole team is "dumb."

Didn’t take it personal.

I understood where you were coming from and a lot of other posters thought the same way.

Im glad they got the win. They looked great the first half. 
I still think there may have been some advantages to resting the starters but I’m not upset they didn’t.

As for them blowing a big lead again….I’ve had enough and it’s definitely a coaching philosophy problem that needs to be fixed.