Rich vs St. B

Because of the importance of this game on the Bills chances to get a double bye, I ran the numbers  using the Osunniyi factor.  The model came up with 3 outcomes.

1...O2 plays...Bonnies by 3

2...O2 doesn't play...Rich by 3

3...Partial O2...He plays limited minutes or is not at 100% ...Even

Again, The Bills need Rich to win to have a chance for the double bye.

This is an interesting graphic.  It shows Richmond is 6th, win or lose against St. B.  So their motivation might not be supercharged.  Might they rest some of their players? 

Second place still up for grabs between Davidson, Dayton and VCU.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Because of the importance of this game on the Bills chances to get a double bye, I ran the numbers  using the Osunniyi factor.  The model came up with 3 outcomes.

1...O2 plays...Bonnies by 3

2...O2 doesn't play...Rich by 3

3...Partial O2...He plays limited minutes or is not at 100% ...Even

Again, The Bills need Rich to win to have a chance for the double bye.

Out of reactions, Good Post, Wiz.

I will be very surprised if O2 plays tomorrow night.

Richmond has to rank among the most perennially underachieving teams.  Every year Richmond is picked to finish high in the A10 standings, with this same team, and inevitably the Spiders fail to get there.  As much as the Bonnies are telling themselves for how much VCU has to play on Saturday, it would be nice if the Spiders sweep the Bonnies, and the Billikens hold the home court Saturday.

This being said, the Bonnies act like finishing in the Top 4 is the get all, end all.  It is important, especially for them with their chronic lack of depth, but if SLU finishes 5th, the Billikens are fully capable of giving the Bonnies fits a week from tomorrow.  Frankly, I think they underestimate us, which is a good thing.  I learned the hard way 52 years ago as a youngster watching the IHSA how hard it is to beat a good team 3 times in 1 season.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

This is an interesting graphic.  It shows Richmond is 6th, win or lose against St. B.  So their motivation might not be supercharged.  Might they rest some of their players? 

Second place still up for grabs between Davidson, Dayton and VCU.

Per the graphic, the Fordham Rams are out of the pillow fight.  This is good progress for New York's Jesuit University.

No rescheduling of lost games.  Winning % will determine seed.

And no surprise, per this morning's Olean Times Herald, center Osun Osunniyi’s status (ankle) remains uncertain. 

Schmidt told reporters that it’ll see how Osunniyi, now in only a small ankle brace, responds from practice (Thursday) and handles a walk-through today.

“We’ll see how he does,” the 15th-year coach said, “but yeah, it’ll be a game-time decision.”

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/plenty-at-stake-on-bonnies-senior-night/article_5d8a1893-7c94-5858-8a14-14e22f0e112b.html

BTW, it was 13 degrees in balmy Olean when I logged onto the OTH site this morning. 

Classic coachspeak ..... keep them guessing and prepping for two potential scenarios thereby diluting their game plan prep.  Although, the Spiders are not an inside team per s. If Golden has to be covered on the perimeter it does open the inside some with Osunniyi or Coulibaly.  But Golden has to take and make a few either way.  I think you're going to see Adaway and Lofton take charge.  If Holmes tries to take charge, that's a good thing.  

A10 Talk says Bonavenure is honoring seniors Lofton, Welch and Osunniyi.  It also mentions Adaway and Holmes are seniors.  And it confirm Schmidt's comments about 'game time decision' on Osunniyi.  Schmidt acknowledges playing 3 games as opposed to 4 in DC is better.

12 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Playing O2 at the claimed 85% could be a double edged sword. There is a risk of recurrence or aggravation. 

It shows Schmidt’s mindset, perceived need to get the double bye. 

That A10 Tourney is everything to the Bonnies.

Linssen returned from his ankle injury at what Ford said was about 80%.  And he was definitely limited when he returned.  I don't know how you can give a numerical % without it being a SWAG.