Split Topic - Removed posts from "The Bills over by RI by 3"

19 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Davidson is a virtual lock to make the NCAA tournament. Continuing to put us above them in the C2D has to be trolling at this point.

Wiz doesn’t know what he’s doing. He has us as slight favorites vs top teams in conference in single game predictions recently but then has us as heavy favorites vs all those teams in tournament. 

Either that or he’s still foolishly projecting us to A10 final which would imply davidson loses in semis to us but still they are clearly more likely to dance then us.

4 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

Lmao how does Wiz still not understand the complaint after weeks of this. His reading comprehension might be worse than his projections. Oh well, mods can you please shut this thread down?

Yeah.  Even I am getting tired of some of the posters that have interestingly become more active when things are on a downturn.

Instead of shutting down this thread, @glazedandconfused is shut down (suspended) for a week.

[ I fully acknowledge my moderation is not perfectly consistent...but :shrug: ]

6 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Yeah.  Even I am getting tired of some of the posters that have interestingly become more active when things are on a downturn.

Instead of shutting down this thread, @glazedandconfused is shut down (suspended) for a week.

Thank you

Bills71 likes this

16 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

nice move steve.   not sure what the glazed one's intent is with this current one sided war he is fighting with Wiz.   it makes little sense.   if he doesnt want to read Wiz's views on the A10 tourney chances quit reading.   no sense bashing one of the board's all time favorite poster's.   thanks

48 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

No your moderation is perfect. His only intent on the board was to stir up problems. He's admitted it before. Well done sir. 

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

Thank you Steve I stay away after a loss because the trolls are unbearable this season and I see several posts on my screen that says I ignore them my list has increased.

Attacking and troll posting The Wiz is wrong.  His detailed posts of the spreads have always been a solid contribution to the board.  If posters don’t like his analysis don’t read it or respectfully interact with The Wiz.

I have the pleasure of sitting next to The Wiz on Saturday.  It’s a good way to end the regular season.

3 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

-good move Steve, only better move would be permanent, we'll get there

Bills71 likes this

Just wanted to apologize Wiz! Didn’t know you were off-limits.

SLUSignGuy - no hard feelings about the suspension. I will choose to honor it. It’s your website. Should work on the security though. Just did private mode and was fine so maybe something you could work on idc

See you after my suspension (or sooner if I get bored)

Edited by Glazed2.0

33 minutes ago, Glazed2.0 said:

Just wanted to apologize Wiz! Didn’t know you were off-limits.

SLUSignGuy - no hard feelings about the suspension. I will choose to honor it. It’s your website. Should work on the security though. Just did private mode and was fine so maybe something you could work on idc

See you after my suspension (or sooner if I get bored)

there are posters absolutely off-limits. i wont list them as it would risk a suspension

HenryB likes this

@The Wiz's post about the Rhode Island game got clutter up by discussion of moderation.  I am not deleting these moderation related posts [as it likely would create more disturbance], but I am just moving them into this thread in order to let people focus on basketball in @The Wiz's original thread.  

12 hours ago, CBFan said:

Thank you Steve I stay away after a loss because the trolls are unbearable this season

I agree 100%,  I don't go anywhere near the board after a loss.  Too many "bad coach", bench Gibby, etc. posts from all those wannabe coaches out there.

20 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Why the heck would anyone go after the Wiz? He's wholesome AF, a good poster, and has the best dad jokes and pre- and post-game analysis. 

thatskablamo likes this

2 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Why the heck would anyone go after the Wiz? He's wholesome AF, a good poster, and has the best dad jokes and pre- and post-game analysis. 

Completely agree - he’s like the Charlie Munger of the board. Obviously SignGuy is our Warren Buffet. 

13 hours ago, dennis_w said:

there are posters absolutely off-limits. i wont list them as it would risk a suspension

So I guess you feel that The Wiz who is never snarky and alway polite and a contributor that is okay for posters to disrespect him.

I know The Wiz and he is good people so I do not understand this post.

I have also spoke to Steve on several occasions because I sit close to him.  Steve is a great person for giving us this site and putting up with a post like this accusing him of suspensions for disagreeing with the protected.

14 hours ago, dennis_w said:

I'll name names, me and @Box and Won how did we get such a status?

Well I'm glad you asked,  you see it was long ago 1997, but I remember it like it was yesterday......Ukraine and Russia signed the "Friendship Treaty" and SLU had superstar Larry Hughes who just dropped 27 points on Vanderbilt in a win at Kiel.  Box and I were headed back to campus on that cold December night in his sweet Mazda Miata when we spotted a guy holding signs on Market Street.  We recognized him as an enthusiastic Billikens fan,  he needed his mom to pick him up but didn't have money for the pay phone to call.   Well we offered that kid a ride back to Kirkwood but the rag top on the Miata malfunctioned and all the signs were blown onto I-44 by the cold wind.   "SPOONBALL!!" nearly caused a Budweiser truck to overturn.  Box put the hammer down on the Miata and we delivered our passenger to Kirkwood safely.   He thanked us profusely and said you guys are "the bomb" (it's a 90s thing) and mentioned taking over what was called a message board on the world wide web.   So Box and I registered me taking the name "The A Bomb" in homage to that plucky kid's statement and that's how we became untouchable posters.

So leave Wiz and Sign Guy alone,  you can bring it to me and we can meet in Salinas or Native American Leg Wrestle in the quad on my next trip to STL.  Bring your crew because Box and Leon got my back. 

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Well I'm glad you asked,  you see it was long ago 1997, but I remember it like it was yesterday......Ukraine and Russia signed the "Friendship Treaty" and SLU had superstar Larry Hughes who just dropped 27 points on Vanderbilt in a win at Kiel.  Box and I were headed back to campus on that cold December night in his sweet Mazda Miata when we spotted a guy holding signs on Market Street.  We recognized him as an enthusiastic Billikens fan,  he needed his mom to pick him up but didn't have money for the pay phone to call.   Well we offered that kid a ride back to Kirkwood but the rag top on the Miata malfunctioned and all the signs were blown onto I-44 by the cold wind.   "SPOONBALL!!" nearly caused a Budweiser truck to overturn.  Box put the hammer down on the Miata and we delivered our passenger to Kirkwood safely.   He thanked us profusely and said you guys are "the bomb" (it's a 90s thing) and mentioned taking over what was called a message board on the world wide web.   So Box and I registered me taking the name "The A Bomb" in homage to that plucky kid's statement and that's how we became untouchable posters.

So leave Wiz and Sign Guy alone,  you can bring it to me and we can meet in Salinas or Native American Leg Wrestle in the quad on my next trip to STL.  Bring your crew because Box and Leon got my back. 

i will bring my cane and meet you anywhere, wont need a crew

rgbilliken likes this

21 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Funny you should bring it up, I found this pic of Box and his Mazda Miata in a dusty shoebox the other day

MacGruber Drives a Miata.

I think the most surprising thing for me in this whole glazed and confused debacle is that someone responded to him recently and said he seemed like a good guy to grab a beer with. Yeah, at Walking on Eggshells Tavern.

dennis_w likes this

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I think the most surprising thing for me in this whole glazed and confused debacle is that someone responded to him recently and said he seemed like a good guy to grab a beer with. Yeah, at Walking on Eggshells Tavern.

Ya I'm an idiot. At first he just seemed like a friendly troll who had nothing better to do. Like one of your pals who teases slu when they are doing poor but love it when they do well.... Then he started attacking the wiz. But ya I was wrong. 

Not my brightest moment on the board forsure.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

i've heard this brave and historic billiken legend before.   box and abomb are indeed billiken heroes and untouchables.  i thank them for their service.