Bench Gibby

mrjoelabs

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Bench or give rest?  there’s a difference 

I have posted this before, Jimerson has now played almost 300 minutes more this season than in his first two seasons combined.  He NEEDED rest throughout this season.  Ford could have shaved 5 minutes off his time a dozen or so games this season.  At this point there is no reason to bench him. It is too late to recover the legs.   The opponent will still commit maybe their best perimeter defender to Jimerson.  So at least there is that.

Williams needed more minutes earlier this season.  Asking him to come off the bench and do magic now isn't going to happen.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:11 PM, HoosierPal said:

Williams needed more minutes earlier this season.  Asking him to come off the bench and do magic now isn't going to happen.

I'd do one of these two things

since we don't play till Wednesday, hopefully GJ doesn't practice until we play RI

or

Give Williams the minutes, and see if we can keep GJ on the bench, play him at the end if we need. 

The first one is ideally the one, 4 days of rest. 

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

I'd do one of these two things

since we don't play till Wednesday, hopefully GJ doesn't practice until we play RI

or

Give Williams the minutes, and see if we can keep GJ on the bench, play him at the end if we need. 

The first one is ideally the one, 4 days of rest. 

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

Williams doesn’t defend worth a lick

Setting down Jimerson reminds me of how Ford tried to get Bess to back off in practice.  It didn't go too well.

To me, Jimerson is the 5th best defender of our normal starting five.  So while I agree that Williams isn't a defensive stopper, the bar isn't at a Thatch level.

40 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Setting down Jimerson reminds me of how Ford tried to get Bess to back off in practice.  It didn't go too well.

it didn't?

If I could tell you right now that GJ getting rest would lead to a NCAA birth you wouldn't take it?

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you could pull that off, you could also sell me a bridge in the Arizona desert😆

but you get what I'm saying. I wouldn't say the botched* rest Ford tried to give Bess did not work, since Bess played great in the A10 tourney and we won. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

but you get what I'm saying. I wouldn't say the botched* rest Ford tried to give Bess did not work, since Bess played great in the A10 tourney and we won. 

Yes I do. 

My angle was simply trying to get a player to take it easy, to sit during practice, isn't the easiest thing to do.  Bess was hurt and Ford wanted him to minimize his exposure.  Didn't happen like Ford wanted.

wgstl likes this

2 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Giving Hargrove more minutes and resting Jimerson  more would be good for both of them and the team.

I agree more Hargrove less Jimerson until he regains his shot. 

At Richmond Jimerson had 37 minutes and Hargrove had 11 minutes.

Jimmerson’s legs are gone- he had a great first half last game he kept them close; after half he was spent. Anyone wonder if he is hurt? His biggest problem is we have no other offensive threat other than Okoro in the paint.

He was our best player first half and no we can’t get 5 minutes back from the previous 15 games