GDT: @ Richmond

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So cheese you think it is ok coaching to go into a season with your entire game plan for the season one player?  

My gosh.  I'm out for the night.   The defense of ignorance of ford's coaching is incredible imo.   He just is not a good coach.   

Schasz likes this

I mean the Ford stuff all really depends on if he’s able to recruit better talent than what he’s recruited so far. obviously it’s a step up (or three) from crews, but if he can’t get the next level guys (guys that can be a part of a NCAA tourney/Top 25 team) then it will be time to move on. 

Hard to see how we run back next season with the same team (maybe just adding perkins) and think we’re going to drastically better. Yea we get a little better with perkins but we are a long way from relevance 

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Well I am as disappointed as everyone else but saying he should have a back up go to go to the possible POY in the A10 who gets hurt in the first exhibition game is not a fair complaint.  The problem is as others say - we are what our record is and that is direct result of losing Perkins.  I did not see the game so I can not comment on Ford's coaching tonight but I do agree that the big runs teams have put on us after we have led by double digits is inexcusable.

But we missed about 8 shots in the last 90 seconds not because we can’t shoot but because our offense design does not get us in good shooting situations. 
Ford is a great coach when all goes well. But he crumbles under pressure by having poorly designed plays and zero control over players - they have no confidence and play scared when pressured. 

The last minute was pure chaos with out any design. 

Ford has been routinely overmatched this year. 

Take away being bias, can someone give me one reason why I should believe this team is good enough to win the A10T?

im trying to be logical, but I can’t any more. Yes I’m gonna put money on slu to win it, yes I think they win it, but I have ZERO reasons as to why they will. My closest reason is because at one point, weeks ago, we were pretty good. I won’t even say great bc we treat our victory against GMu as something greater than it ever was. 

I’m all ears, does someone here think, “this is still the best team in the conference”?

Lose two all time program players to graduation and then a a first team all conference scorer in the first exhibition game.

I guess this is kind of where and who they should be. 

Jimerson’s legs seem to be gone. At this point I’d consider only paying him a few minutes each game in the hopes he comes back strong for the A10 tournament. 
He can’t shoot 3’s right now and is having trouble defending. Might as well rest him.

Hargorve only 12 minutes? I thought he looked to have an extra bounce in his step for those 12 minutes. Would have liked to have seen more in place of Jimerson.

Would have liked to have seen Williams get a shot tonight. 2-13 from 3? Might as well have given him a look. I bet he knows how to defend a back door cut too. 

Thatch was put in an awful spot that final play.

Great game by Okoro but I still think he didn’t do very well against the double team.

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Take away being bias, can someone give me one reason why I should believe this team is good enough to win the A10T?

im trying to be logical, but I can’t any more. Yes I’m gonna put money on slu to win it, yes I think they win it, but I have ZERO reasons as to why they will. My closest reason is because at one point, weeks ago, we were pretty good. I won’t even say great bc we treat our victory against GMu as something greater than it ever was. 

I’m all ears, does someone here think, “this is still the best team in the conference”?

Wiz is the best per everyone on this board and says we have a 6 in 10 shot so we should be surprised if we dont win 

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

So cheese you think it is ok coaching to go into a season with your entire game plan for the season one player?  

My gosh.  I'm out for the night.   The defense of ignorance of ford's coaching is incredible imo.   He just is not a good coach.   

I did not defend Ford in fact I did point out the double digit lead losses by giving up big runs to the other team is inexcusable.  I don't see anything wrong with building your offense around the possible conference POY.  If he had not done that then there would be a bunch screaming going on about that.  The poor road record is also concerning.  People on this board were "In Ford We Trust" mode early on and now it is "In Ford We Mistrust" mode. Pretty wild swings.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Jimerson’s legs seem to be gone. At this point I’d consider only paying him a few minutes each game in the hopes he comes back strong for the A10 tournament. 
He can’t shoot 3’s right now and is having trouble defending. Might as well rest him..

Now that the double bye has almost all but sailed, I agree. 

1 minute ago, glazedandconfused said:

Wiz is the best per everyone on this board and says we have a 6 in 10 shot so we should be surprised if we dont win 

I love the wiz pregame report, but the C2D has been, I don’t even know, but for a whole month now. His % to win it all is higher than my % to win the first round 

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

No

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

We even sure we are a lock for NIT? We still have 3 games left to blow double digit leads. 

How big is the field? If it’s still smaller No I don’t think so. I don’t see anymore wins, RI is 50/50 

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I did not defend Ford in fact I did point out the double digit lead losses by giving up big runs to the other team is inexcusable.  I don't see anything wrong with building your offense around the possible conference POY.  If he had not done that then there would be a bunch screaming going on about that.  The poor road record is also concerning.  People on this board were "In Ford We Trust" mode early on and now it is "In Ford We Mistrust" mode. Pretty wild swings.

I agree with this.

They had an offense designed to go through Perkins.

They worked on that offense every day leading up to the season. You don’t really have time to design one with your star and another in case he gets hurt.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I love the wiz pregame report, but the C2D has been, I don’t even know, but for a whole month now. His % to win it all is higher than my % to win the first round 

Yeah anyone that’s been saying SLU is the best team in the A10 at any point in the last month is either lying to you or delusional

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Lose two all time program players to graduation and then a a first team all conference scorer in the first exhibition game.

This is ridiculous. Did he not know they were going to graduate? Was it a surprise? Did he show up this year and think, “Where are those guys.?”

And sure, the injury hurt. But you have to expect injuries. You have to be able to adjust your game plan when they happen. Ford hasn’t. It’s been the same all year. His plan doesn’t match his players. 

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

We agree Roy. I don't think it took Okie State that long the Travis was not a good college basketball HC. 

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I don’t think they will win but I can give you some reason why they might.

1. Good PG. If good Yuri shows up they can beat anyone.

2. Good combo of bigs. Linssen and Okoro are a great 1/2 punch. 

3. Free throw shooting. They can hit FTs and if games are called like non-con they can get to the line.

4. Jimerson can get on a heater and carry a team. 

2 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Worst part of the C2D is how Davidson is never mentioned despite being the best team in the A10 and a near lock for the tournament so long as they don’t lose in the first round of the A10 tourney

This is the silver lining for the A10 - If Davidson loses in the Tourney we get  2 bids when not long ago it looked like only one.

Just now, dlarry said:

3. Free throw shooting. They can hit FTs and if games are called like non-con they can get to the line.

Counterpoint: We are like 2-6 vs the top 5. We can’t beat anyone. Our big combo is the like 4th best big combo in the A10. Gotta deal in reality here. Other teams exist and are better than we are

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

I’m with you. But every team in the top 6 could put a list of if’s and have a case.  The biggest issue being anyone in the top 4 could have these ifs, on top of playing well down the stretch.