GDT: @ Richmond

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

Yuri essentially walking it up with 10 seconds left was something else.  

someone attack the basket. My god 

Yes

Yuri was parked in the lane and gives the ball to Fred with little to no options to do anything.  Bad bad bad

Good grief so many chances and they choked on the road.

RI should be a win but VCU will be a huge problem with all of the turnovers this team is committing.

2 minutes ago, ThreeTimeBilliken said:

Ford needs to go. 
Too many blown leads. 
Too many should of wons

His last second plays are absolute crap. Even grade school kids are better than “Go down and try to get an open shot.”

If Perkins comes back and we have another year like this, then we can talk about firing Ford. Not yet

2010andBeyond likes this

Another game of Collins trying to be the man and he's just not.  He's a point guard.  On Ford for not having a plan B goto player when Perkins got hurt

Look ——I apologize for being critical but insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Another double digit, halftime lead pissed away.  An offense looking a lot like Curly Neal.  Top-notch defenders committing dumb fouls and losing their men on back cuts by a team that invented back cuts.  A coach letting a 10 point lead turn into a five point deficit.  To me, these are things that can and should be fixed ——especially by late February/early March.  Maybe I’ve overestimated this roster —- our record against the five teams above us is 2 and 5.  That sums it up.  

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Mooney out-coached Ford.

Spiders out hustled the Billikens  

Jimerson’s legs are gone. Coach hasn’t used his bench this year like he should. Too late now to correct that.

Gilyard took Collins lunch money.

Okoro and Thatched showed up.

Did Nesbitt play?

Nesbitt was very active. He made some great passes, grabbed 7 boards, threw down a sweet dunk. He just couldn't shoot tonight.

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Another game of Collins trying to be the man and he's just not.  He's a point guard.  On Ford for not having a plan B goto player when Perkins got hurt

Well I am as disappointed as everyone else but saying he should have a back up go to guy to the possible POY in the A10 who gets hurt in the first exhibition game is not a fair complaint.  The problem is as others say - we are what our record is and that is direct result of losing Perkins.  I did not see the game so I can not comment on Ford's coaching tonight but I do agree that the big runs teams have put on us after we have led by double digits is inexcusable.

stmdragons likes this