GDT: @ Richmond

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

While I will always get excited to watch a Bills game, after the Bona and Davidson games I am tamping my expectations down. We've always seemed to match up well with Richmond for some reason, and I'll be wanting a W tonight big time, but I'm not letting my expectations get the better or me. This season can only be successful with a dance invite, and we're gonna have to pull off a miracle in DC to get that. Too much  inconsistent play from this team at this point in the season. We ought to be hitting our stride going into March. Instead, we're stumbling and fumbling. 

I agree that a tourney invitation is the measure of whether a season is successful. We should make the tournament 7 or 8 times every 10 year period. You want a big east invite this is how it's done. Think and demand BIG.  

25 minutes ago, willie said:

I agree that a tourney invitation is the measure of whether a season is successful. We should make the tournament 7 or 8 times every 10 year period. You want a big east invite this is how it's done. Think and demand BIG.  

I could be wrong, but I would guess less than 15 programs have made 7 or 8 of the last 10 tournaments. I would also guess the only programs to do that outside of a power 5 conference would be Gonzaga and Villanova. I like the lofty expectations, but I think bringing those down a little bit would be healthy.

11 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I could be wrong, but I would guess less than 15 programs have made 7 or 8 of the last 10 tournaments. I would also guess the only programs to do that outside of a power 5 conference would be Gonzaga and Villanova. I like the lofty expectations, but I think bringing those down a little bit would be healthy.

VCU has made 9 of the last 11. Including a final four.

7 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

VCU has made 9 of the last 11. Including a final four.

well, I am wrong... Add VCU to the list with Gonzaga and Nova. Impressive stuff over there. They definitely deserve more credit than Dayton, Bona, and us. Still sticking to my guns that less than 15 programs have made it 7+ times (but it may be closer to 20, so clearly not sticking to my guns)...

6 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I think you are wrong. Not going to look them up but how about. Duke-North Carolina-NC State. -Florida-Miami-Syracuse-Florida State-Purdue-Ohio State-Michigan-Michigan State-Wisconsin-Iowa-Illinois-Louisville-Maryland-Villinova-Creighton-Enough.   I haven't even gotten to the west yet. My guess is it might be 30+ teams who fit that category . A St. Mary's seems to make the tournament most years. 

4 minutes ago, willie said:

I think you are wrong. Not going to look them up but how about. Duke-North Carolina-NC State. -Florida-Miami-Syracuse-Florida State-Purdue-Ohio State-Michigan-Michigan State-Wisconsin-Iowa-Illinois-Louisville-Maryland-Villinova-Creighton-Enough.   I haven't even gotten to the west yet. My guess is it might be 30+ teams who fit that category . A St. Mary's seems to make the tournament most years. 

Cherry picking quickly: Iowa - 5 appearances, Illinois - 3, NC State - 5 , Miami - 4, St. Mary's - 4

Billikens: 4!!! Suck it, Illinois.

All in all, 7 or 8 is lofty, but I agree that we need more consistency.

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I think it comes down to Jnez and/or THJ to step up defensive on Burton

Both need to defend him and crash the boards. Both TJ and Jnez are capable of being dominant rebounders, but too many times I see them watching the ball and trying to jump over someone rather than finding a body to box out.

wgstl likes this

9 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

I wonder if Mooney would counter with a Tech to pump up the Spiders? This is John Wooden level stuff we’re touching on here 

I think we need a phantom technical from someone on the bench, channeling the KState win in 2019. Got the boys going!

23 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

I wonder if Mooney would counter with a Tech to pump up the Spiders? This is John Wooden level stuff we’re touching on here 

Maybe Tate could get a second T to one-up Richmond. Talking about firing up the team!!

Most T's win, right?