GDT: Beat the Bonnies Part 1

SLU_Nick

26 minutes ago, RamJAMTIME said:

Off topic, but it's Mean Gene right? Maybe I'm missing an inside joke. 

You’re right. Mean Gene was the guy. There’s a Clean Gene too in wrestling, but he’s someone else.

BAB hereby demands that Mean Gene be added to these A10 broadcasts involving SLU, starting Monday in Otterville. Let’s see Mean Gene interview Schmidt, get him to divulge his secret to working the refs and his 1-1-3 matchup zone defense that BAB and staff implemented with some success in the 8th Grade CYO. Also time permitting, from the human interest feature aspect, Mean Gene can get Schmidt to relate where he gets his wardrobe, even ask what he’s done with his camel blazer.

RamJAMTIME likes this

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

You’re right. Mean Gene was the guy. There’s a Clean Gene too in wrestling, but he’s someone else.

BAB hereby demands that Mean Gene be added to these A10 broadcasts involving SLU, starting Monday in Otterville. Let’s see Mean Gene interview Schmidt, get him to divulge his secret to working the refs and his 1-1-3 matchup zone defense that BAB and staff implemented with some success in the 8th Grade CYO. Also time permitting, from the human interest feature aspect, Mean Gene can get Schmidt to relate where he gets his wardrobe, even ask what he’s done with his camel blazer.

Sorry to be the one to inform you but Gene Okerland is dead. So is Bobby Heenan, Gorilla Monsoon, and Randy Savage. You could try Jesse Ventura, he is still kicking around.

6 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Sorry to be the one to inform you but Gene Okerland is dead. So is Bobby Heenan, Gorilla Monsoon, and Randy Savage. You could try Jesse Ventura, he is still kicking around.

I know Mean Gene is dead, as I noted in an earlier post (which incorrectly referred to him as Clean Gene). I want a new Mean Gene type on these A10 telecasts involving SLU, starting Monday, assuming the new Mean Gene can find Olean. 

If Randy “Macho Man” Savage, a former Cardinal farmhand, wasn’t dead, SLU could suit him up to throw at the Bonnies on Monday. Assuming Jesse “The Body” Ventura is not still trying to unite the Dakotas, perhaps he is available. Bloody Jimerson again and we throw Jesse “The Body” at them.

8 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Shout-out to the student who participated in the Shot for Cash last night. She was AMAZING.

I think she missed all of once, if at all. She made it look effortless 😂

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I know Mean Gene is dead, as I noted in an earlier post (which incorrectly referred to him as Clean Gene). I want a new Mean Gene type on these A10 telecasts involving SLU, starting Monday, assuming the new Mean Gene can find Olean. 

If Randy “Macho Man” Savage, a former Cardinal farmhand, wasn’t dead, SLU could suit him up to throw at the Bonnies on Monday. Assuming Jesse “The Body” Ventura is not still trying to unite the Dakotas, perhaps he is available. Bloody Jimerson again and we throw Jesse “The Body” at them.

Not so fast. Jimmerson needs a workup after that game to determine if there is a fracture and if he needs surgery for it. Assuming there is no bony fracture, he needs protection because he definitely has significant cartilage damage there. Do not be surprised if he shows up for his next game with a face/nose protector like Goodwin's.

36 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Not so fast. Jimmerson needs a workup after that game to determine if there is a fracture and if he needs surgery for it. Assuming there is no bony fracture, he needs protection because he definitely has significant cartilage damage there. Do not be surprised if he shows up for his next game with a face/nose protector like Goodwin's.

Or he got bumped in the nose, it started to bleed, is completely fine, and there is no need for any of that.

Something that happens all the time. 

19 hours ago, Old guy said:

At this point, I want him to come to the game looking like Jason Vorhees (hockey face mask), and leave Olean in shambles on Monday.

I had to stay off the board until now because of troll labs and other fellow trolls saying the same old tired nonsense.

I love that the fans that I respect and post with expect a lot from our team that lost its leading scorer.  After losing Perkins I expected 22 division 1 wins they have to win 6 to get to 22 D1 wins.  We should expect a lot from coach Ford and the players.

The game on Friday was lost because of turnovers and poor shooting from Jimerson and Nesbitt and missed free throws.  8 less turnovers reduces the Bonnie’s points off turnovers, Nesbitt or Jimerson hitting their scoring average gets them enough points to win.  Jimerson missing his free throws at the beginning of the game and Linssen missing the front end of a 1 and 1 hurt in a close game.

I was wrong complaining about Ford not resting Yuri.  Yuri was our best player and hit big shots.  Okoro who was intimidated by Osunniyi in the first half adjusted in the second half and hit big shots.  I believe that was coaching the big to go after Osunniyi at the half.

The wife and I have really enjoyed the season.  Without the leading scorer the games have been fun and we cannot wait to the next game.  There is nothing better when a parent such as Mrs. Hargrove that yelled that’s my baby when Terence slammed dunked the ball.

We have shared our extra tickets with a lot of different people this season and we have enjoyed that.  For the Bonnie’s game we had the pleasure of sharing seats with a friend of Bay Area Billiken.   Mike and Brian were great to spend a game with to bad it was a loss I am glad Bay Area contacted me.

Go Bills beat the Bonnie’s even it up and learn from this loss.

35 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Does anyone know Jimerson's medical status after the game? The results of the medical workup should be available by now.

I watched part of the replay. They showed the trainer JB working on his nose. From my medical degree granted by watching ER on TV it didn’t look that serious. 

billiken_roy and dennis_w like this

The internal portion of the nasal cavity is not built to absorb a great deal of energy, particularly not the top bony plate separating the nasal cavity from the brain and the cerebrospinal fluid containing cavities. This structure is a thin bony plate with many perforations to allow the passage of the olfactory nerve branches into the nasal cavity. Once the outside (protective) bony structures of the nose and face break due to impact, this plate easily cracks. The issue here is, did he have a significant nasal or facial bony fracture or not? If the external bony part of the nose, or the surrounding bones did not break, then he is OK, but still needs protection for the nose cartilage which was damaged.

The trainer cannot determine if there is a fracture clinically or by sight unless the patient develops seizures or clinical neurological impairments, which is not the case here. You need imaging to rule out a lesser bony fracture that might become a major problem with continued play and repeat injury. Short of seizures and or neurological deficits present at the time of the injury or shortly thereafter, the only way you can clinically diagnose real problems that would indicate a significant fracture of the top plate (which can be a minor break) is if a cerebrospinal fluid leak develops dripping from the nose. I do not expect this to be the case here, but Jimerson really does need imaging to rule out bony fractures after the blow he got.