OT: Restaurant advice around Chaifetz

KMR10

20 minutes ago, KMR10 said:

Thanks for all of the advice. We are going to give Southern a shot, but will definitely have to check out The Fountain and The City Foundry another time.

I highly recommend the General Tso's chicken. Their other options are good if you are looking for more of the traditional Nashville-style chicken.

25 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I highly recommend the General Tso's chicken. Their other options are good if you are looking for more of the traditional Nashville-style chicken.

I was between the General Tso's and the Hot Honey...so I will take your word for it. Do you get the sandwich or the plate?

49 minutes ago, KMR10 said:

Thanks for all of the advice. We are going to give Southern a shot, but will definitely have to check out The Fountain and The City Foundry another time.

Treat your kids to a porter house:

http://www.beststeakstl.com/menu/

thetorch likes this

1 hour ago, KMR10 said:

That’s a good call. First of all, Southern is excellent, and second, I don’t think the place I’m planning on going has been mentioned in this thread, which gives me some level of hope that it won’t be too crowded haha.

Not super close to chaifetz but Rockwell Brewery on Vandeventer is one of my favorite pre game spots. Great food (burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries) and great beer in my opinion. Also been to Beast Butcher and Block in the Grove for pre game BBQ recently. That place is really good and wasn't crowded. But again these places aren't next to chaifetz.

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Let's all go over to Illinois after the game and have @billiken_roy treat us at his abode!

i could probably did up some sliced pears and salami.

HoosierPal likes this

18 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Are the Triumph and Vito’s still open. Both are/were good

I don't believe Triumph has been open since the initial covid shutdown.

Vito's is tough to get in pre-game without a reservation but open regularly.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I don’t think the place I’m planning on going has been mentioned in this thread, which gives me some level of hope that it won’t be too crowded haha.

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Not super close to chaifetz but Rockwell Brewery on Vandeventer is one of my favorite pre game spots. Great food (burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries) and great beer in my opinion. 

Well shoot…just jinxed myself on this one.