GDT: Arch Baron Cup Leg 2

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thatskablamo said:

It looked like Janet Oberle was the one that came over to sort/sift things through. I hope she wasn’t the bearer of the bad news, but if RC was in the house, wouldn’t he have the final say? It’s his arena.

I heard they basically just removed him from the situation, he was seen having a drink at Lorenzini's minutes later. I can understand that they didn't want a brawl breaking out, lol.

4 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

It looked like Janet Oberle was the one that came over to sort/sift things through. I hope she wasn’t the bearer of the bad news, but if RC was in the house, wouldn’t he have the final say? It’s his arena.

It was Janet . It looked like she got a message from someone. 

13 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The Dayton assistant coach with a beard whined so much to the refs and would not stop.

We were taunting that coach calling him a whiner / baby.

It was a totally unprofessional display.  The coach should have stated his case and move on but instead argued with the ref the entire TV timeout even after the buzzer.

Coach Grant further embarrassed his team by his antics.  Coach Grant was acting so tough not realizing Jett would drop his butt on the floor if he confronted him.

all i know is all three times grant was on the floor acting all wronged and threatening.  there was always an assistant coach "holding him back".   what a *****.    jett would have knocked him out.    what an epic ending to the game imo.   that sealed the game.   the huge tomahawk dunk by jnez followed immediately by jett more or less taking the air out of the ball and going home.   

the play of the game though and likely the real "it's over" moment was the possession where the billikens literally fumbled the ball the length of the court and somehow it trickles to gibson and he drains the three.   i came out of my seat for that.   it was over at that point. all that was left at that point was grants embarrassing himself.   loved that game.   

i also liked that second half jordair was sitting courtside with our latest millionaire benefactor.   rubbing elbows.   good for jordair!

first half jordair was sitting in larry hughes seats.   that that was kinda appropriate.   hall of famer taking care of newest hall of famer.  

JMM28 likes this

16 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

all i know is all three times grant was on the floor acting all wronged and threatening.  there was always an assistant coach "holding him back".   what a *****.    jett would have knocked him out.    what an epic ending to the game imo.   that sealed the game.   the huge tomahawk dunk by jnez followed immediately by jett more or less taking the air out of the ball and going home.   

the play of the game though and likely the real "it's over" moment was the possession where the billikens literally fumbled the ball the length of the court and somehow it trickles to gibson and he drains the three.   i came out of my seat for that.   it was over at that point. all that was left at that point was grants embarrassing himself.   loved that game.   

Hargrove actually knocked the ball to GJ - it was a pass.  

Yuri should be A10 player of the week.

Yuri being a legitimate scoring threat makes our team so dangerous if it continues.  The way Yuri is playing this team could win the rest of the conference games.

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

So, is bottom line JJett closed this game for SLU? No problem we’ve seen that before. Go JJ! We 

hell yeah!

31 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Grant is being held back from his full potential.

4 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

@joe_davolaset the expectation level for fans in the courtside seats many years ago. Jordair was just behaving accordingly.

I was impressed with his effort.  Just wish I could have been down there with him.

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Yuri should be A10 player of the week.

Yuri being a legitimate scoring threat makes our team so dangerous if it continues.  The way Yuri is playing this team could win the rest of the conference games.

35 and 13 changed everything, IMO.  If Yuri can do that, he can average 15 ppg the rest of the season.  I don't think anybody saw that coming, including him.  That was very good perimeter defense that he scored on today.

CBFan and Duff Man like this

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not - not going to reading all of the previous posts since I was there - I was not impressed with how "well" the Dayton fans travel.  Sure didn't look like many were in the stands at not anywhere near what people were expecting.  Maybe the snow caused them to sell their tix on Stub Hub or another service.

fans must not have liked the shirts.   wife and i left with 8 various sizes.  could have had 28.   must have been dayton fans that didnt want a souvenier.  oh well stocking stuffers for my kids and grandkids.   loved that i got a few mediums and smalls.   not just large and xl's like usual.   

i love the shirt.  

what a crowd.  particularly the students.   and for the record, i dont think a one of the students left early and they were awesome the entire game.   

cgeldmacher and Adman like this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

fans must not have liked the shirts.   wife and i left with 8 various sizes.  could have had 28.   must have been dayton fans that didnt want a souvenier.  oh well stocking stuffers for my kids and grandkids.   loved that i got a few mediums and smalls.   not just large and xl's like usual.   

i love the shirt.  

what a crowd.  particularly the students.   and for the record, i dont think a one of the students left early and they were awesome the entire game.   

Band was great, too. 😉

billiken_roy likes this