GDT: @ George Mason.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, NH said:

I saw George Mason’s best defender, Davonte Gaines, face guarding Jimerson in the corner. This allows for two things that help us win: 1) Davonte Gaines, who is a 6’7” defensive nightmare, cannot guard Yuri and 2) when Yuri turns the corner on the high ball screen Mason is not able to have a help defender in the gap because they can’t go into rotation or, depending on the play, because Gaines himself is too close to Jimerson to help.

This is pretty much what Ford said postgame. Mason taking Jimerson out opened up the floor, particularly in the lane. Perhaps he kept Jimerson in the game to keep Gaines ‘out of the game’ 

thatskablamo likes this

1 hour ago, NH said:

I saw George Mason’s best defender, Davonte Gaines, face guarding Jimerson in the corner. This allows for two things that help us win: 1) Davonte Gaines, who is a 6’7” defensive nightmare, cannot guard Yuri and 2) when Yuri turns the corner on the high ball screen Mason is not able to have a help defender in the gap because they can’t go into rotation or, depending on the play, because Gaines himself is too close to Jimerson to help.

This is why you keep the leading scorer in the Atlantic 10 in the game. 

If u watched the game Gibby, as usual, was being manhandled. But because he was on a few possessions their hounding him opened up shots for other guys. Yurimania benefitted twice from this. He had open uncontested lanes to the hoop because two defenders went to Gibby. 

hmart23 likes this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

This is pretty much what Ford said postgame. Mason taking Jimerson out opened up the floor, particularly in the lane. Perhaps he kept Jimerson in the game to keep Gaines ‘out of the game’ 

Kasparov meets Krzyzewski. Good strategy from Ford.

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

If u watched the game Gibby, as usual, was being manhandled. But because he was on a few possessions their hounding him opened up shots for other guys. Yurimania benefitted twice from this. He had open uncontested lanes to the hoop because two defenders went to Gibby. 

Just one of those nights. I thought he ended up with some open shots in the second half. Just didn’t make them. Just one of those nights. 

8 hours ago, almaman said:

Earlier in the season I had reminded us a few times that we would be undefeated had we not lost Perkins. recently it's become a thing that  we'd of only lost 1 if we hadn't lost him. My ? is which game would we of lost if we had our same team we had suiting up for the Rockhurst game?

Eastern Illinois… they just have Perk’s number.

7 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Thanks Brian.  I had to look this up.  Crawford hits a layup at the buzzer to win in double OT.  We and Mason seem to like playing more than 40 minutes.  Looking at that game stats, we played 6 guys, Crawford, Roby, Hines and Welmer all over 40 minutes, Johnson 36 min and Agbeko 34 min.  

I didn't remember Welmer playing much back then

18 minutes ago, gister said:

Welmer had a good RS freshman season.  It’s easy to forget because the team wasn’t any good and it was the only time he was healthy.  Dude could have been a really nice stretch big for us if he stayed healthy.

BilliesBy40 likes this

42 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Welmer had a good RS freshman season.  It’s easy to forget because the team wasn’t any good and it was the only time he was healthy.  Dude could have been a really nice stretch big for us if he stayed healthy.

It’s crazy how Crews could recruit a stretch big but Ford can’t *blue font*

Lots of talk about Perkins. Remember the PT guy that posted he would be rehabbed fully in an incredibly short amount of time? This did not happen. I seem to recall they started him doing some practice routines not very long ago. We have to give him time to recover and regain strength and skills, so he is off for the season. Only when he starts playing again will we be able to see how well the rehabbed Perkins will fit into the new team that has developed in his absence.

Think about Okoro's performance during this season. He came from Oregon where he did not play the prior season due to "ankle and shoulder injuries" (not clear what they were). He is very good at this time and continues improving, however it took him half the season to get to the level of performance he is at now. What makes you think that Perkins will not have to go through a similar process as Okoro did once he starts playing again?

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Lots of talk about Perkins. Remember the PT guy that posted he would be rehabbed fully in an incredibly short amount of time? This did not happen. I seem to recall they started him doing some practice routines not very long ago. We have to give him time to recover and regain strength and skills, so he is off for the season. Only when he starts playing again will we be able to see how well the rehabbed Perkins will fit into the new team that has developed in his absence.

Think about Okoro's performance during this season. He came from Oregon where he did not play the prior season due to "ankle and shoulder injuries" (not clear what they were). He is very good at this time and continues improving, however it took him half the season to get to the level of performance he is at now. What makes you think that Perkins will not have to go through a similar process as Okoro did once he starts playing again?

Ok, good point. However, you are the glass-is-half-empty guy on any injury issue. Why can’t he heal in record time and come back better than before?

8 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

It’s crazy how Crews could recruit a stretch big but Ford can’t *blue font*

ford wanted holmgren and was turned down.  said if he cant have the best, no thanks.

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

I don’t remember anyone saying Perkins would be back in an incredibly short am’t of time. The standard for return to unrestricted participation following ACL surgery is 9-12 months. Some make it back in 8. The odds are high that, without complications, Perk will return to his usual level of play before the start of next season. That’s more the norm than the exception.

rgbilliken likes this

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I don’t remember anyone saying Perkins would be back in an incredibly short am’t of time. The standard for return to unrestricted participation following ACL surgery is 9-12 months. Some make it back in 8. The odds are high that, without complications, Perk will return to his usual level of play before the start of next season. That’s more the norm than the exception.

@Old guy I'm usually a defendant of yours because I feel too many often pick on you here, but you're being ignorantly pessimistic here. ACL injuries are secondhand nowadays and recovering from them and being at 100% after short term rehabilitation is literally the expectation. 

Here's a list of NFL players to return from ACL injuries. https://drsterett.com/5-pro-athletes-who-have-torn-their-acl

You'll notice that Tom Brady is on that list, and it states that he has won 5 Super Bowls. That implies this was written prior to Tom Brady winning his last two Super Bowls, and if a 40-year old man can recover to compete in the NFL what makes you think a 22 year old man can't recover to compete in the NCAA?

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I remember the discussion he is talking about because it was very contentious. There was a guy on here who is a PT saying it was reasonable for Perkins to come back within 12 months with a lot of hard work rehabbing. Not "a very short amount of time"

13 hours ago, gister said:

I knew someone who was convinced that they had never seen Welmer play at all.

E: This was someone who watches every game.

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour
thatskablamo likes this

4 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I knew someone who was convinced that they had never seen Welmer play at all.

E: This was someone who watches every game.

I feel like I know Welmer better as a person than I do as a player. I don’t remember any of his minutes except 2019 A10 Semi-final.

42 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

@Old guy I'm usually a defendant of yours because I feel too many often pick on you here, but you're being ignorantly pessimistic here. ACL injuries are secondhand nowadays and recovering from them and being at 100% after short term rehabilitation is literally the expectation. 

Here's a list of NFL players to return from ACL injuries. https://drsterett.com/5-pro-athletes-who-have-torn-their-acl

You'll notice that Tom Brady is on that list, and it states that he has won 5 Super Bowls. That implies this was written prior to Tom Brady winning his last two Super Bowls, and if a 40-year old man can recover to compete in the NFL what makes you think a 22 year old man can't recover to compete in the NCAA?

This is correct, however this list tells you what is possible to do after an ACL repair, it does not tell you that the injured player will re enter the playing status at the same level he left it at the time of the injury. It takes time to recover.

Check your facts. Brady had his ACL tear at the beginning of the 2008 season and was off for the season (Superbowl 42 season). He was back to play the next year, but the Patriots did not get to the Superbowl until 2012  which  they lost to the Giants. They did not win another Superbowl until 2014, that is 6 years after his ACL injury.

What makes you think Perkins will come back to play at the same level he was prior to the injury?