GDT: @ George Mason.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NoCoBillsFan said:

Everyone had a great game or at the very least had some great moments. Except Jimerson.

Jimerson had 8 points in the first 10 minutes. 
The charge call took him off his game.

He was a huge reason for the double digit first half lead.

Just now, dlarry said:

Jimerson had 8 points in the first 10 minutes. 
The charge call took him off his game.

He was a huge reason for the double digit first half lead.

I agree on the charge call. Not saying tonight is who he is as a player. But he almost single-handedly threw the game away at the end.

3 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Jimmerson’s first time getting the chair in first half this year. It seemed to have an impact. 

Coach took him out because he knew so much of GM's defensive strategy was around locking Gibby down. The chair was an attempt to throw GM off.

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Hats off to Ford.  He made several big adjustments through out the game, a few that I thought were ballsy, to walk away with a road win.  Adjustments many of us have expced in the past.  It was a Q2 win, on the road especially, with refs who were beyond questionable. He did almost everything right, a few bad choices from the players, and refs kept it as close as it was. 

The only thing I give ford credit for is blowing a 16 point lead.  Walking the ball down the floor again, running the shot clock down.   We are lucky to escape with a win.  

TRN and billikenblue like this

2 minutes ago, Compton said:

Coach took him out because he knew so much of GM's defensive strategy was around locking Gibby down. The chair was an attempt to throw GM off.

Well they certainly locked him down, or he did it himself.  He was a TO machine and timid to shoot from the second half on. 

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

The only thing I give ford credit for is blowing a 16 point lead.  Walking the ball down the floor again, running the shot clock down.   We are lucky to escape with a win.  

Petty. Especially considering the Bills never blew a 16 point lead.

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Well that’s just sad. Ford had his 2 centers foul out early. Ford had 2 of his next 3 Most important players playing with 4 fouls thru 2 OT against a top 100 team on the road and won. 

Pick a new battle, it’s old. 

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Terrible post.

hmart23 likes this

I think I understand now why Yuri has been taking it upon himself to attempt to close games.  He had to learn how. This season, at least, there is no one else.  He's the only one with the skill AND the mental toughness to pull it off.  And it finally came to fruition tonight in one of the great Billiken performances of all time.

Yuri's been knocked down, figuratively and literally, again and again.  He just gets back up more determined than ever. What a competitor.  

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

6 minutes ago, TRN said:

Well they certainly locked him down, or he did it himself.  He was a TO machine and timid to shoot from the second half on. 

He had 2 turnovers in 39 minutes.

I don’t necessarily agree with Carter but I can understand the thinking.

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

You’re spot on.  His in game coaching has been bad this year.  Multiple times shutting it down to run out clock and let other teams get back into the game.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

He had 2 turnovers in 39 minutes.

I don’t necessarily agree with Carter but I can understand the thinking.

He may have had 2 official TOs but there were a lot of weak attempts that were pretty much the same as a TO.  Fumbling the ball away on awkward “shots.”  I’m a big fan of his, but he was way off tonight.