Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I forgot that Buffett was from Mississippi. Maybe he gets an autograph session at Margaritaville. Buffett is close to being a billionaire so he could easily support a few ball players. 

Hey, Brittany Spears is in control of her own money now. She is from the south Mississippi area. I doubt she cares but hustlers be hustlin.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Hey, Brittany Spears is in control of her own money now. She is from the south Mississippi area. I doubt she cares but hustlers be hustlin.

Now those nudes dropping makes a lot more sense

10 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I forgot that Buffett was from Mississippi. Maybe he gets an autograph session at Margaritaville. Buffett is close to being a billionaire so he could easily support a few ball players. 

He’s from Mobile, AL. Went to So Miss for college. 

im pretty sure his parents were very happy he ended up making millions wearing sunglasses, being barefoot and drinking tequilla.   that's the ultra definition of success.  the real american dream.

When I was in training I knew an orthopedic surgeon that was depressed and frustrated with his life and fate. He was one of two kids, he went to med school and was "our son the Dr" to his family, the other one played the guitar and the family thought he was a bum. The guitar player, I forgot who he was,  made all kinds of money, and the roles reversed. "Our son the Dr." became the forgotten kid in the family. He hated it. Money can and does buy family approval and "love."

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

The silence is deafening. 

I don’t know…

After Hargrove and Collins both decided to stay (after May1st), I kind of feel like we should commit to them. Meaning that we don’t really need a PF, just a C. I would love a young PG, but we kind of have that in Thames. I hope we get a backup C, and after that, I wouldn’t be bothered if we wait until late in summer to fill out the rest of the team. The C is necessary just for survival, so the sooner the better.

11 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I don’t know…

After Hargrove and Collins both decided to stay (after May1st), I kind of feel like we should commit to them. Meaning that we don’t really need a PF, just a C. I would love a young PG, but we kind of have that in Thames. I hope we get a backup C, and after that, I wouldn’t be bothered if we wait until late in summer to fill out the rest of the team. The C is necessary just for survival, so the sooner the better.

Hargrove is NOT a power forward!  He's 6'4" at best and maybe 210 lbs.  He isn't even shooting forward size.  Love him on the team but he is by no means the PF answer.

To advance to and in the NCAA's SLU needs a solid backup center and a true power forward.  A backup point guard seems to be a need as well.

RUBillsFan likes this

donnie dobbs is one of the best power forwards in billiken history.   so those inches imo dont mean as much as he heart, soul and effort of the player playing there.  

as much as it was obvious hargrove had some attitude issues last year, they were likely caused because of playing time.   i think his athleticism makes up for a lot of those inches.   

so i agree pf isnt our need as much as a center.   ford has proven he will play either 4 out and 1 in or even 5 out as is the trend in all of college and pro basketball these days.   so as long as hargrove is going to play with enthusiasm he showed his first two years, i am all  in with ankiel.  

CBFan likes this

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

donnie dobbs is one of the best power forwards in billiken history.   so those inches imo dont mean as much as he heart, soul and effort of the player playing there.  

as much as it was obvious hargrove had some attitude issues last year, they were likely caused because of playing time.   i think his athleticism makes up for a lot of those inches.   

so i agree pf isnt our need as much as a center.   ford has proven he will play either 4 out and 1 in or even 5 out as is the trend in all of college and pro basketball these days.   so as long as hargrove is going to play with enthusiasm he showed his first two years, i am all  in with ankiel.  

I'm with you. It'd be nice to have a PF or a stretch 4 that can at least defend the 5, but the most important need is someone who can play the 5 at least 15 mpg. 

billiken_roy likes this

18 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Hargrove is NOT a power forward!  He's 6'4" at best and maybe 210 lbs.  He isn't even shooting forward size.  Love him on the team but he is by no means the PF answer.

To advance to and in the NCAA's SLU needs a solid backup center and a true power forward.  A backup point guard seems to be a need as well.

This comes up a lot. Dwight Evan’s was 6’5” (;)). He was probably our best power forward since I don’t know when. Ellis was good, but only because Evans could do the internal rebounding and playing inside. Height is overrated at PF in the A10.

20 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

But Hargrove is not Donnie Dobbs.  Yes, Donnie was a tough dude, saw him play many times.  Hargrove has shown his deficiencies as a power forward pretty much every time he has faced a true PF.  SLU needs a PFwho can deal with 6'8", 230lb PF types IMO.  But, yes, a solid backup center is the #1 need followed by PF and PG.

dennis_w and RUBillsFan like this

Between Thatch, Hargrove, Perkins and maybe Pickett I'm not as concerned about defending the 4 as I am defending the middle when Okoro isn't on the floor. None of those 4 are probably ideal to defend the 4, but then on the other hand they have to be defended and few bigger 4's will be able to do that so it's a bit of a give and take. 

kmbilliken likes this

I believe after reading some posts a while ago that we won’t see a commitment until the NBA evaluations are completed and players have to drop out of trying out for the NBA or lose their eligibility.

Crespin’s decision will probably be a while as he is still being evaluated by the pros. 

16 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Did he even come in for a visit?

I assume with Bradford being a local there would be some buzz about him if he was going to announce he's coming to SLU.  We've seen that in the past from guys like Frank C.  I'm not optimistic on this one.