Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

6 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Here’s an idea.  Can we throw some NIL money at Linssen to come back and use his final year of eligibility?

Two chances, Slim and none, and Slim now lives in Dusseldorf.

Old guy likes this

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Here’s an idea.  Can we throw some NIL money at Linssen to come back and use his final year of eligibility?

Foreign players can’t earn NIL money.  They are here on student visas.  If they started collecting NIL money they could be deported.

28 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Foreign players can’t earn NIL money.  They are here on student visas.  If they started collecting NIL money they could be deported.

Makes me wonder if we will see a lot fewer foreign players. The American kids making big money while the foreigners not being allowed to make any sounds like a recipe for an unhappy locker room.

32 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Makes me wonder if we will see a lot fewer foreign players. The American kids making big money while the foreigners not being allowed to make any sounds like a recipe for an unhappy locker room.

VCU just filled its last slot with a frosh from England who is called the Human Trampoline.  He is described as a project with only 3 years playing basketball.

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

Or some of the lesser programs might see this as a way to field a team with minimal or no NIL $. 

stmdragons and CBFan like this

7 hours ago, brianstl said:

There are a couple loopholes. First one being a company in their native country paying them - obviously a bit hard to figure out logistically. The other is through the coach's camps. Those qualify as on campus work and the hour limits of F1 visas aren't there during the summer time. 

brianstl likes this

10 hours ago, brianstl said:

And if that happens, isn’t Linssen in the exact same spot he is now anyway. 🙂

15 hours ago, JMM28 said:

There are a couple loopholes. First one being a company in their native country paying them - obviously a bit hard to figure out logistically. The other is through the coach's camps. Those qualify as on campus work and the hour limits of F1 visas aren't there during the summer time. 

This is an interesting twist to this international NIL discussion  

21 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

I doubt NIL is eliminating under-the-table payments completely 

If anything it probably makes them easier - less eyeballs on the hidden when they're all focused on the in-the-open 

This rando Southern Miss fan seems to think Haase is headed there:

Absolutely zero buzz around Haase outside of this.  If it is true he is heading to So. Miss that's pretty disappointing.  So. Miss has been terrible the past couple years and is projected to be really bad again.  They are in C-USA which is worse than the A-10.  Their frontcourt is  bit more crowded with Guitian and a couple 6-8 forwards returning, but Haase would pretty easily be their best player & get major minutes.  The only clear advantage So. Miss has is fellow Mercer transfer Alvarez will be there.  Otherwise it is a backwards or sideways at best move from Mercer.

28 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This rando Southern Miss fan seems to think Haase is headed there:

Absolutely zero buzz around Haase outside of this.  If it is true he is heading to So. Miss that's pretty disappointing.  So. Miss has been terrible the past couple years and is projected to be really bad again.  They are in C-USA which is worse than the A-10.  Their frontcourt is  bit more crowded with Guitian and a couple 6-8 forwards returning, but Haase would pretty easily be their best player & get major minutes.  The only clear advantage So. Miss has is fellow Mercer transfer Alvarez will be there.  Otherwise it is a backwards or sideways at best move from Mercer.

How much NIL money are they offering?  Today it is much more than just what conference the school is in or how good/bad they will be.

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

How much NIL money are they offering?  Today it is much more than just what conference the school is in or how good/bad they will be.

I’m betting Brett Favre and Jimmy Buffett whipped up a nice package for him.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Brett Farve has bigger worries, the State of Mississippi suing him for millions on welfare fraud accusations. Right now he needs to spend money on a lawyer, not a NIL

willie likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Come on, it’s southern miss. The 3rd richest school in the poorest state in the country. 

19 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I forgot that Buffett was from Mississippi. Maybe he gets an autograph session at Margaritaville. Buffett is close to being a billionaire so he could easily support a few ball players. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Haase is from Chile so I’m pretty sure he falls into the no domestic NIL money or he’s screw up his student Visa category.