Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I guess since the portal has closed he's stuck at Butler for the upcoming season, correct? Or could he still try and wiggle out because of the coaching change?

As far as our team is concerned, can someone PM me to let me know when I should start getting concerned that we have 3 open spots, only 1 big man, no imminent signs of signing anyone (which doesn't really mean much), and the few players we thought we had a realistic shot at landing moved on to other schools. Thank you kindly. 

Honestly, we may have dodged a bullet. If he isn’t good enough to play at Butler next year, then he probably would have dragged us down next year. Time will tell. In some ways, it is nice that we can watch some of these players at other schools and be the place people can transfer home to, if they show that they can play, but are not ‘the man’ at that school.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tay Weaver announced he was transferring to SLU on 7/3/19

Marten Linssen announced he was transferring to SLU on 4/17/20

Francis Okoro announced he was transferring to SLU on 4/24/20

Rasahad Williams announced he was transferring to SLU n 4/1/21

Jordan Nesbitt announced he was transferring to SLU on 4/4/21

DeAndre Jones announced he was transferring to SLU on 7/14/21

Lassina Traore's commitment was announced on 8/19/21

The transfer portal does seem to be moving a little bit slower this year than in 2020 or 2021.  That might be because guys are actually taking visits instead of mostly doing stuff over Zoom.

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I guess since the portal has closed he's stuck at Butler for the upcoming season, correct? Or could he still try and wiggle out because of the coaching change?

As far as our team is concerned, can someone PM me to let me know when I should start getting concerned that we have 3 open spots, only 1 big man, no imminent signs of signing anyone (which doesn't really mean much), and the few players we thought we had a realistic shot at landing moved on to other schools. Thank you kindly. 

There will be some pretty decent players still looking for a home months from now.  We're still in Stage 1 of the matchmaking process.  There are players in the draft that teams won't know the status of until June 1, the last day they can withdraw and maintain their eligibility.  

CBFan likes this

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

58 minutes ago, slu72 said:

In Travis I trust, but the longer it goes the pickings get smaller. According to the post above Turnbull is allowed to apply for a waiver. Bright lights, big name opponents, and national TV wouldn't seem all that attractive from the end of the bench. 

Questions. Crespin and Bradford still available? I think St. Mary's will appeal to Crespin; seaside campus, nice weather, nice tradition with foreign players. I'm not holding out too much hope. 

Turnbull isn't enrolled in school yet.  The transfer rules don't apply to him.  He was released from his original letter of intent.  If he has signed another letter of intent, he would need another release if he now regrets his decision.  If he has not signed a new letter of intent, he free at any moment to commit to another program.

I am looking forward to more recruits visiting and hoping Crespin will commit.

I think this will all be solved hopefully by the end of June so I can post about other topics.

43 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Turnbull isn't enrolled in school yet.  The transfer rules don't apply to him.  He was released from his original letter of intent.  If he has signed another letter of intent, he would need another release if he now regrets his decision.  If he has not signed a new letter of intent, he free at any moment to commit to another program.

I thought you could only do the letter of intent once and then it was a "financial aid agreement" which can really be done anytime (unless that like everything else has changed in the last year or two)

K.J. Williams from Murray State is off the board to LSU. Everybody wanted that guy.

Grant Basile picked VT over ND; SLU reached out early on but wasn't in the mix as things developed.

Still a trickle of players entering the portal but they're all going to need waivers now. And some of them are second-time transfers. At this point, I'd rather avoid new entries and make things cleaner.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

K.J. Williams from Murray State is off the board to LSU. Everybody wanted that guy.

And yet T-rank has Haase one spot higher than KJ williams,

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

And yet T-rank has Haase one spot higher than KJ williams,

Extremely important to note that T-rank's PRPG! rankings are an offense only rating.

T-rank has a state for D-PRPG! which is supposed to measure defense.  KJ Williams is 3.8 and Haase is 2.5.

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

Extremely important to note that T-rank's PRPG! rankings are an offense only rating.

Good, I like scoring the ball. 

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Good, I like scoring the ball. 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

quote-the-best-defense-is-a-good-offense

I remember Ford teasing something along the lines of "the fastest offense we've seen" and with this roster I'd really like to see that. Find some depth to rest YC and FO's legs a little then run run run. 40 minutes of fast break dunks and transition threes. Score 90PPG. Get real freaky with it. 

11 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I know Jericole Hellems left NC State in hopes of a pro career.  Any updates?  Does he have an agent?  Is it to late for him to transfer?

just what we need another wing.

SShoe likes this

24 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I know Jericole Hellems left NC State in hopes of a pro career.  Any updates?  Does he have an agent?  Is it to late for him to transfer?

Hellems played in the 3X3U National Championship which means he got "paid" as a professional basketball player and no longer has eligibility.

Edit: I put "paid" in quotes because money only goes to winners in the 3X3U NC, but it has the same impact on his eligibility regardless.

11 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

Evansville just fired their entire coaching staff.  Anyone on that roster that would fit the bill for our backup pg/cg or big?

Big nope.  Evansville was awful this past season and any players that would have good fits worthy of our roster are either out of eligibility or already transferred elsewhere.

@slufanskip--- once you ring up VCU and Dayton, who ya got?  Who in our A10 has been consistent over the years as those Big East teams I noted?  I guess I was trying to show that there are many more bottom feeders and inconsistent programs in the A10 than the Big East.  And Richmond ain't squat past these last two years and one was truly underachieving ---- COVID or not.  

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Hellems played in the 3X3U National Championship which means he got "paid" as a professional basketball player and no longer has eligibility.

Edit: I put "paid" in quotes because money only goes to winners in the 3X3U NC, but it has the same impact on his eligibility regardless.

Ok.  Thanks