Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

Unfollowing isn’t about hard fellings, it is about business.  Twitter followers and how often accounts are interacted is one thing players can use to generate NIL opportunities.  Don’t help players build a brand after they passed on playing for SLU.  

Do follow the social media accounts of all of SLU’s players and engage with their accounts when you have a chance.  It is the easiest thing all Billiken fans can do to help make SLU a more attractive option in the modern landscape. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Unfollowing isn’t about hard fellings, it is about business.  Twitter followers and how often accounts are interacted is one thing players can use to generate NIL opportunities.  Don’t help players build a brand after they passed on playing for SLU.  

Do follow the social media accounts of all of SLU’s players and engage with their accounts when you have a chance.  It is the easiest thing all Billiken fans can do to help make SLU a more attractive option in the modern landscape. 

I unfollowed for business AND hard feelings! 

RUBillsFan, brianstl and TheDude like this

12 hours ago, brianstl said:

On the topic of following players, it is criminal on the part of Billiken fans that Perkins, Okoro and Jimerson don’t even have a thousand followers on Twitter.  Come on Billiken fans, do better.

True. Although I always have a hard time finding Perkins because he doesn't have his full name displayed

13 hours ago, brianstl said:

On the topic of following players, it is criminal on the part of Billiken fans that Perkins, Okoro and Jimerson don’t even have a thousand followers on Twitter.  Come on Billiken fans, do better.

Can someone set up a sticky thread that links to all the players social media accounts to make it easier for people over 40 to follow them.

Thanks

Littlebill and drkelsey55 like this

13 hours ago, brianstl said:

There are many basketball fans in the STL area that do not have twitter accounts.

40 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There are many basketball fans in the STL area that do not have twitter accounts.

This is correct, all the players have more followers on Instagram from what I've noticed.

Getting back to the topic at hand....

The top player in the portal just committed to Creighton. He's from a couple hours west of Omaha. Interesting for a top, high level transfer to go and play for a preseason top 20 team near where he grew up..... 🧐

2 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

What is your point? @thetorchis talking about people on the platforms. 

My point was pretty straight forward.  Brianstl said it was criminal that Billiken fans had not given Billiken players thousands of likes on their Twitter accounts. My response was that not all Billiken fans have twitter accounts.

BrettJolleyComedy responded in like on Instagram.  I responded that not every Billiken fan has an Instagram account.  I have torch, among others on ignore, so I have no idea what was posted there.

Old guy likes this

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

My point was pretty straight forward.  Brianstl said it was criminal that Billiken fans had not given Billiken players thousands of likes on their Twitter accounts. My response was that not all Billiken fans have twitter accounts.

BrettJolleyComedy responded in like on Instagram.  I responded that not every Billiken fan has an Instagram account.  I have torch, among others on ignore, so I have no idea what was posted there.

I think it’s fairly obvious brian’s post was for people whom have Twitter. 

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I wonder if there are even a thousand Billiken basketball fans on twitter?  I suspect there are more Billiken basketball fans reading this message board than there are on twitter.  A lot more.

I could see that 

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

I wonder if there are even a thousand Billiken basketball fans on twitter?  I suspect there are more Billiken basketball fans reading this message board than there are on twitter.  A lot more.

I am an older fan who has twitter and follows Bob Ramsey, Carter, Rothstien, and A10 talk.

I have complimented Hargrove and Bell but I do not follow players.  If a tweet about a player I will respond at times.

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you don’t have a Twitter or Instagram account get one and follow the whole roster.  It cost you nothing and is the easiest thing you can do support the players on the team.  Building a brand is important to many basketball recruits.  Help the players that come to entertain you build a brand.

25 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If you don’t have a Twitter or Instagram account get one and follow the whole roster.  It cost you nothing and is the easiest thing you can do support the players on the team.  Building a brand is important to many basketball recruits.  Help the players that come to entertain you build a brand.

Maybe a lot of Billiken fans are trying to follow them on My Space?

dlarry and Bills By 40 like this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

As big of a cesspool that Twitter is it can actually be a good source of Sports/news information.

It is one of the first things I check every morning. I have a total of 0 tweets but it’s a great way to get information quickly.  You just need to avoid all the nonsense. 

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I’m not on twitter nor do I care to be

Old guy, HoosierPal and Bills71 like this

7 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

SLU Men’s Basketball Twitter account has over 22,000 followers.  I suspect the validity of your statement depends on how you define “fan.”

brianstl likes this