Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I think the point gobillsgo was making was that our walk-on spot could essentially be filled by a starter, who is given an NIL deal, if by chance we have all the scholarships used up and a stud becomes available.

Oh I agree with his thought process completely. I was responding to HoosierPal about why it might be easier for a cheerleader to get an NIL deal vs a walk-on. 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

so Gordon comes back as walk on after Nelly NILs him 500k. Gordo hands over 50k to Jebbies for his sophomore year tuition & then shows America why he was ranked top 10 in country @ his position in HS & leads us to the promised land? count me in

Leaving NIL out of it, choosing between us and Wake will be a difficult decision for Carr. He’s going to get major minutes at both places so no advantage there. Both have great facilities although Wake might currently be a little ahead, but when the Champions Center opens, there will be no advantage there. 

Wake most likely has no shot at post-season play next season, especially if LaRavia stays in the draft, which is looking more and more likely. We’ve got a pretty good shot at making the dance next year so advantage us. Wake plays in the ACC, we play in the A-10. Advantage Wake. 

Carr has said he’d like to stay on the east coast. Looks like advantage Wake, but we play at least 8 games a year on the east coast which are within a reasonable distance of West Chester, Pa so his family will have plenty of chances to see him play. Don’t see any advantage to speak of either way on that one. Of course, all that is based on whether it’s truly just between Wake and us.

New names being tracked by the staff:

-Joe Reece (Bowling Green) - From Vashon, went to ODU, transferred to Bowling Green, and was dismissed in February. Said he wants to play out his college career but I'm not quite clear how much eligibility he has left. He's played 2 seasons but is listed as a junior. Probably 2 left.

-Elijah Taylor (Notre Dame) - Listed at 6-8, 242. Didn't play 2020-2021 due to injury. Then academics kept him off the floor this season. He said he'd get these "unforeseen circumstances" worked out and promised to be back soon. But he hit the portal three days ago.

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-Joe Reece (Bowling Green) - From Vashon, went to ODU, transferred to Bowling Green, and was dismissed in February. Said he wants to play out his college career but I'm not quite clear how much eligibility he has left. He's played 2 seasons but is listed as a junior. Probably 2 left.

-Elijah Taylor (Notre Dame) - Listed at 6-8, 242. Didn't play 2020-2021 due to injury. Then academics kept him off the floor this season. He said he'd get these "unforeseen circumstances" worked out and promised to be back soon. But he hit the portal three days ago.

Dismissed from team in February for one and academically ineligible for the other ? 

I’ll pass on both. The team is to deep and talented to take chances like these two.

CBFan likes this

29 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I saw that Reece retweeted something that mentioned he has one year left. He also played with TJ at ESL

Updating previously tracked names:

-Jalen Finch (Jacksonville State) - Committed to Georgia Southern.
-Connor Vanover (Arkansas) - Committed to Oral Roberts.
-Desi Sills (Arkansas State) - Down to LSU, Arizona State, Mississippi State.
-Ben Carlson (Wisconsin) - Committed to Utah.
-Tyrone Baker (Georgia) - Committed to Dayton.
-Gavin Baxter (BYU) - Committed to Utah.

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Dismissed from team in February for one and academically ineligible for the other ? 

I’ll pass on both. The team is to deep and talented to take chances like these two.

It's a team being deep and talented that makes it hard to fill spots 11-13.  Once you get a commit from Carr or Crespin or their equivalent, there are no spots left in the rotation for a big.  That guy will be a glorified practice player.  Why would a guy with options settle for that?

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

"academically ineligible" sounds familiar :)  maybe a band, Shakespeare, my bio?

42 minutes ago, Pistol said:

saw reece a lot in high school   wasnt all that impressed.   always thought old dominion was a good fit.

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

It's a team being deep and talented that makes it hard to fill spots 11-13.  Once you get a commit from Carr or Crespin or their equivalent, there are no spots left in the rotation for a big.  That guy will be a glorified practice player.  Why would a guy with options settle for that?

If all you are looking for is a practice player just grab some stiff from anywhere. 
I’d give up talent in spots 11-13 if it means avoiding guys who have a history of flunking out of school or getting kicked off teams. 

No idea or insider info other than Phil Forte following him on Twitter.  I really hope we make a strong push for Felipe Haase.  He has similar skillset & great shooting #s, but I think he's an even better fit than Carr because he's a lot bulkier and is a true big guys instead of a tall wing.

stmdragons likes this

22 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Major tease job by Carr following a bunch of SLU accounts and liking the SLU tweets while not liking any Wake tweets.

His dream was to come here, you could see it in his eyes. unfortunately for him, ford thinks we’ll get 2 bigs better. 

dlarry likes this

26 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Everyone make sure you unfollow Carr.

No hard feelings here.  Wake Forest is a great academic school, certainly top 50, and is on the East Coast, one of Carr's wants.  Very understandable decision.  Now Coach Ford, let's get a Big who is better or equivalent to Carr.

Eadsbee likes this