Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

What is Lindenwood's level? Are they just gonna use the players they have from the d2 level?

It still shocks me how bad SEMO is yearly.  It's close to both Memphis and STL - hot beds for basketballs, and feels like that area produces some decent talent for its size. 

Lindenwood is going to be in the OVC - same as SEMO and SIUE.  They'll likely be sub 300 in KenPom for a few years at least until they get things going.  Even after they get things going, decent OVC teams (outside of Belmont & Murray State who are jumping to the MVC) are typically sub 200 in KenPom.  I have to imagine they are keeping the same players they've had while adding freshmen/transfers, but I have no idea.  No much difference in talent between good D2 players and bad D1 players.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'd like to see Semo get to a consistent level. Some schools in the area we compete against for recruiting, SIU's Semo, Lindenwood, etc not so much, id like to see those schools do well. 

It seems to me that they've had some good players come through their program over the years, but several of them transferred to other programs.  A few years ago, they had a guard transfer to Santa Clara and eventually USC.  They also had Denzel Mahoney, who transferred to Creighton and had a nice career, and Ledarius Brewer, who ended up at Eastern Tennessee.  Their leading scorer from last year entered the transfer portal but I don't think has signed anywhere yet.

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Thank you coach.

I followed SEMO last season because of Phillip Russell and now that Kobe Clark is playing for them I find the team more interesting.

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Lindenwood is going to be in the OVC - same as SEMO and SIUE.  They'll likely be sub 300 in KenPom for a few years at least until they get things going.  Even after they get things going, decent OVC teams (outside of Belmont & Murray State who are jumping to the MVC) are typically sub 200 in KenPom.  I have to imagine they are keeping the same players they've had while adding freshmen/transfers, but I have no idea.  No much difference in talent between good D2 players and bad D1 players.

the thing about BB is 5 players. If you can some how entice 5 4*s to come to Aneyolde U, get a RM like coach sheit could happen quick. never has just like us & the sweet 16 :)

53 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Thank you coach.

I followed SEMO last season because of Phillip Russell and now that Kobe Clark is playing for them I find the team more interesting.

51 minutes ago, ACE said:

Good spot for Clark.

Yeah.  I definitely will watch more games this year.  

13 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

He's followed by Phil Forte already on Twitter & he's seen how awesome Chaifetz is first hand.

Haase was a SLU recruit out of HS. Chose South Carolina over SLU, Miami, and a couple others.

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Unreal. If you're a Bona fan, how can you be behind Schmidt? Underperformed with this 5 for years, then put all his eggs in one basket by forgoing the depth, now he's left with nothing. We'd be calling for his head. Fire-able approach to coaching

-I understand fan reaction but who is better that they could get?

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

Unreal. If you're a Bona fan, how can you be behind Schmidt? Underperformed with this 5 for years, then put all his eggs in one basket by forgoing the depth, now he's left with nothing. We'd be calling for his head. Fire-able approach to coaching

Schmidt is Bona.  They were nothing before he got there.  They've had 4 NCAA tournament appearances in the last 40 years.  He has 3 of them.  Even if it takes another 4 years for him to get back, it's better than the alternative.

33 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Underperformed? What? 

6 hours ago, Box and Won said:

I just read that SIUE signed a guy named Demarco "Polo" Minor, and I am disappointed that I was not aware of his existence before now.

I'm disappointed he didn't sign with LaSalle.

22 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Underperformed? What? 

Huh?

They went to one tournament with Lofton/Osun/Welch for four years.

They had Holmes for three years and Adaway for 2. One tournament.

They were a preseason top 20 team this season and finished only 78th in kenpom, even with a bunch of meaningless wins in March. Lofton missed three games (they went 2-1 and only lost to 15 UConn), and Osun/Holmes one.

And now he has 6(?) scholarship players because he refused to play his bench last year. But hey they beat a bunch of non-tournament teams in exhibition games last month

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Huh?

They went to one tournament with Lofton/Osun/Welch for four years.

They had Holmes for three years and Adaway for 2. One tournament.

They were a preseason top 20 team this season and finished only 78th in kenpom, even with a bunch of meaningless wins in March. Lofton missed three games (they went 2-1 and only lost to 15 UConn), and Osun/Holmes one.

And now he has 6(?) scholarship players because he refused to play his bench last year. But hey they beat a bunch of non-tournament teams in exhibition games last month

They went to the A10 Finals as freshmen, Sophomore year was lost, Junior year A10 champs, Senior year underperformed, but with injuries.

If this is the average Schmitt 4 year period, he is blowing it out of the water. What does he get paid?

Also, none of these were big recruits. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a cumulative 0 stars coming in.

15 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

They went to the A10 Finals as freshmen, Sophomore year was lost, Junior year A10 champs, Senior year underperformed, but with injuries.

If this is the average Schmitt 4 year period, he is blowing it out of the water. What does he get paid?

Also, none of these were big recruits. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a cumulative 0 stars coming in.

One top 75 season.

2 top 125 seasons.

One tournament. The other three weren't even close.

That's it. I don't know what else I can say.

He's making "at least $1.4m" after the UMass fiasco. 3rd highest returning coach in league.

Relative to Bonnies last 50 years it may be a different story tho