Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Not trying to shoot this down because I think there is a very good chance he goes to SLU but unfortunately you are not able to transfer into the SLU PT program, you have to get accepted straight from high school.

Most people have to get accepted straight from high school.  I am sure that if this kid is a quality student, the administration, the Athletic Department, and the PT school can come to some sort of agreement.

BuiltFordBills likes this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Put me in the Amazing Kreskin camp.  He can read Coach's mind and run the right play.

A reference ripped from today's headlines......

In all seriousness (and not really responding to HP because I think he was only joking to get his old people reference in LOL), Carr is a lot higher talent in 2022, and there's not really any excuse to not land him at this point, unless he wants to be closer to home. This is a team destined to make a run and there is PT built in for him.. On paper, even when trying to look at it from an unbiased lens, this is a no brainer. SLU is a worlds better choice than the other option(s)

If Crespin is okay sitting, then take him. Someone has to be in spots 11-13, and there is PT to be had in the coming years if he can guard a big man at this level

HoosierPal likes this

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It is odd that I really only want players who have already transferred once, so I know its less likely they will break my heart?

I was thinking something similar regarding foreign players.  Non-US citizens can't do NIL deals or they'll lose their student visa.  Less likely to lose a guy to a football school offering big NIL $ when they can't accept the NIL deal.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:14 AM, gobillsgo said:

Kasubke is a 2/3. Ball handling seems to be one of the weaker parts of his game. I don’t think we want to rely on him as a primary ball handler. I’d certainly take him as a shooter off the bench though. 

I would definitely take another shooter like Kasubke...

11 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I was thinking something similar regarding foreign players.  Non-US citizens can't do NIL deals or they'll lose their student visa.  Less likely to lose a guy to a football school offering big NIL $ when they can't accept the NIL deal.

The Law of Unintended Consequences strikes again.

cartoon-untinended.png

cgeldmacher likes this

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

with the sudden changes to the college basketball landscape, not sure bol fits the slu vision.   he is likely a one and done player and one would think he would command a very high salary.   while i would love to have a player of that kind of talent, i just fear the overall "fit" isnt going to be there.   

With the changing landscape, I think we have a new class of player to go along with the One and Done

Welcome the One and Gone player. Not much difference as the player leaves after one year.  SLU is not / will not be immune to this changing landscape.

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Any chance SLU is in on Manny Bates? Big man with 2 years remaining...

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

I think he has some real HM interest. Like Ohio State, Auburn etc. I think he wants to be "the guy" somewhere, or at least one of them

Butler is involved, too. He was spotted flying to NYC today, so maybe looking at Rutgers or St. John's.

I've seen nothing showing that SLU might be involved.

2 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Sorry Old Guy, I'm not saying PT is silly or PT school and the process is silly.  I took all those classes and was in the cadaver lab with them.  I just think it's tough with the SLU program where you have to decide if PT is your calling as a 17/18 year old.

(sorry for going off-topic from transfers here)

Agree, not everyone knows their choice at that age. However, those that do not know and enter an MS program in PT with nothing other than a generic/biology BS degree have a very tough time. The more you learn in the undergrad, the easier grad school is.

BuiltFordBills likes this

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Kale catchings transfers to...............

I don't mean this as a shot at Kale because he is a great kid and had a good career at Harvard, but this has to be him getting an academic scholarship and coming as a preferred walk on.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't mean this as a shot at Kale because he is a great kid and had a good career at Harvard, but this has to be him getting an academic scholarship and coming as a preferred walk on.

it doesn't  appear that way 

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Catchings is building a hell of a professional network.  And he's an economics major too.  Future big shot.

Yeah, looks like he's focused more on non-basketball professional next steps.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

it doesn't  appear that way 

Even if Duke had a scholarship to give him, he's at the end of the roster. Getting a free year at Duke and spending a year with their basketball team after finishing at Harvard is not a bad way to spend the 23rd year of your life.

32 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Isaac Likekele has entered the portal 👀

Good "do it all" player.  Would be better if he increased his free-throw percentage.  I have no idea if he would be interested, but that would make SLU incredibly deep at guard/wing.

57 minutes ago, brianstl said:

When I have caught this kid play, he reminds a little of a bigger Jordair - what I mean by that is a unique physical guard who is difficult to categorize.

I would love to have him, but it seems unlikely that we would have enough minutes to offer. He's such an unusual player - we could offer him back-up PG minutes and minutes at the 4, probably 20 mpg.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

When I have caught this kid play, he reminds a little of a bigger Jordair - what I mean by that is a unique physical guard who is difficult to categorize.

I would love to have him, but it seems unlikely that we would have enough minutes to offer. He's such an unusual player - we could offer him back-up PG minutes and minutes at the 4, probably 20 mpg.

so a combo pg - pf  unless you consider lebron such, i dont think i have ever seen that

24 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

so a combo pg - pf  unless you consider lebron such, i dont think i have ever seen that

Like I said - he is unusual - averaging 3.5 apg and 5.5 rpg in the Big 12. I'm not saying he's prototypical at either position, but he could get some minutes as an undersized 4 in the A-10. He's a physical beast. 

He led OSU in assists and 2nd in rebounding. Like Jordair, a terrible 3 pt shooter, but just a baller.

I see Tennessee is on of the finalists to land Tyrese Hunter, the Big12 Freshman of the year. None of his picks are closer to his Wisconsin home than Ames except Purdue. I would imagine if he does not pick the Boilers it is because of money. His Cyclone coach took a group of transfers to the Sweet 16 his first season and he played in the best conference in the country. His pro prospects would not be jeopardized playing for Iowa State.

5 hours ago, brianstl said:

His OSU career didn’t overlap at all with Ford or Phil Forte, but he played his fr & soph seasons with SLU grad assistant Thomas Dziagwa and he would also be familiar with SLU strength coach Jake Manzelmann.