Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Two former SLU recruits - Jayden Stone and Jalen Blackmon - are transferring from Grand Canyon. Neither of them did much there and I don't think they're viable options here. Just funny timing.

Also, Keylan Boone (Oklahoma State) is off the board to Pacific. He's one the staff had followed when he entered the portal.

Your favorite program GCU?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Saint Mary's has had a ton of success & history with Australian players (Patty Mills, Matthew Dellavedova, etc.).  More recently they've added some players from New Zealand and super recently they've had some players from Latvia and Estonia.  As far as I know they have zero history with western European players nor French players specifically.

I believe their ability to nab Australian (& New Zealand) players stems from being on the west coast & thus slightly closer / easier to get to, putting in the work there, and their success with Mills & Dellavedova.

If you discount Saint Mary's being THE destination for Australian players, SLU can claim a fairly similar amount of success with foreign players (Ohannon, Vouyoukas, Ellis, Loe, Linssen, Okoro).

We got the best St Mary's guy again! :)

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Going to call it right now -- Andrew Carr to SLU...if indeed his other picks are Davidson and Wake Forest.

Here's why:

Carr chose Delaware over two Ivy League schools -- Colgate, and William and Mary. So, he's dead serious about academics.

Look at his Linked In page. His career objective and experience so center on physical therapy. SLU is the only school of the three that offers a physical therapy major accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association. 

The reason he's visiting Davidson is that they were one of the first schools to show interest in him before he chose Delaware...

Not sure about the connection with Wake. While averaged 40 percent from three, that accounted for an average of one per game...he finished the season strong but wasn't even CAA all conference, so hard to fathom him battling Duke and UNC.

He's going to need a strong supporting cast to make the jump up from the CAA easier and more successful, another reason the crystal ball says Andrew Carr to SLU.

The connection to Wake is that their good bigs have graduated and the only one left barely played. They’re desperate for size and have a starting role ready for Carr. 
Wake has invested heavily in facilities, has an excellent and very personable coach in Steve Forbes, and have gotten a collective off the ground. There are some huge money boosters, all alums, providing the support so NIL shouldn’t be a problem. The school and program will make a great impression on Carr. If he doesn’t commit while there, then we should have a pretty good shot.

5 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Going to call it right now -- Andrew Carr to SLU...if indeed his other picks are Davidson and Wake Forest.

Here's why:

Carr chose Delaware over two Ivy League schools -- Colgate, and William and Mary. So, he's dead serious about academics.

Look at his Linked In page. His career objective and experience so center on physical therapy. SLU is the only school of the three that offers a physical therapy major accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association. 

The reason he's visiting Davidson is that they were one of the first schools to show interest in him before he chose Delaware...

Not sure about the connection with Wake. While averaged 40 percent from three, that accounted for an average of one per game...he finished the season strong but wasn't even CAA all conference, so hard to fathom him battling Duke and UNC.

He's going to need a strong supporting cast to make the jump up from the CAA easier and more successful, another reason the crystal ball says Andrew Carr to SLU.

Just a quick edit: Colgate and W&M are not Ivies. Cornell is. Although W&M predates the founding of our own country by a good 80 years, not an Ivy. Beautiful campus, tho. If you are a history buff, Colonial Williamsburg is the place for you. 

And I hope SLU is the place for Carr! 

SLU_Nick likes this

8 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Here's why:

Not trying to shoot this down because I think there is a very good chance he goes to SLU but unfortunately you are not able to transfer into the SLU PT program, you have to get accepted straight from high school.

1 minute ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Not trying to shoot this down because I think there is a very good chance he goes to SLU but unfortunately you are not able to transfer into the SLU PT program, you have to get accepted straight from high school.

His credits may transfer. He's only a sophomore so he's not in upper-level classes yet. I'm sure this is something that has been considered by Carr, the staff, and the school.

It's really down to SLU and Wake Forest, from what I can tell. Davidson got a transfer big last week (Skogman) and also has Mennenga coming back, plus a 6-10 kid coming in and a couple other non-rotation bigs for depth.

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

His credits may transfer. He's only a sophomore so he's not in upper-level classes yet. I'm sure this is something that has been considered by Carr, the staff, and the school.

It's really down to SLU and Wake Forest, from what I can tell. Davidson got a transfer big last week (Skogman) and also has Mennenga coming back, plus a 6-10 kid coming in and a couple other non-rotation bigs for depth.

WF has a 6'8 forward who averaged 15 ppg while shooting 38% from 3.  That may cause an issue. 

They also seem to be waiting on a decision from a senior with 1 year left of eligibility, 6'8, averaged 9.5 ppg, shot 36% from 3.

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

WF has a 6'8 forward who averaged 15 ppg while shooting 38% from 3.  That may cause an issue. 

They also seem to be waiting on a decision from a senior with 1 year left of eligibility, 6'8, averaged 9.5 ppg, shot 36% from 3.

Dallas Walton and Khadim Sy are gone.

Jake LaRavia is a 4, their leading rebounder, and he's coming back.

Matthew Marsh is a 7-foot freshman who didn't play a ton but will be back as a sophomore.

Zach Keller is a 4-star big man coming in from HS.

Then they have a couple walk-ons for depth.

I think there's room for another big man for sure. It just isn't as wide open as SLU.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Dallas Walton and Khadim Sy are gone.

Jake LaRavia is a 4, their leading rebounder, and he's coming back.

Matthew Marsh is a 7-foot freshman who didn't play a ton but will be back as a sophomore.

Zach Keller is a 4-star big man coming in from HS.

Then they have a couple walk-ons for depth.

I think there's room for another big man for sure. It just isn't as wide open as SLU.

If Mucius comes back, which there's a chance, that would give them 2 returning 4's.  i just don't see how carr would play much if at all next year.  I'd bet they are trying to sell Carr on his final 2 years there. 

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Craig Porter, Jr from Wichita St. who just entered the portal is exactly the kind of guard we need, but he would probably see our guard situation as too crowded.  

Well I guess he entered the portal on Friday and it is just now popping up on verbal commits.

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If Mucius comes back, which there's a chance, that would give them 2 returning 4's.  i just don't see how carr would play much if at all next year.  I'd bet they are trying to sell Carr on his final 2 years there. 

Similar to what SLU can offer though there will be plenty of playing time next season.

I believe with Okoro being a senior that SLU should be able to sign 2 bigs.

1 minute ago, CBFan said:

Similar to what SLU can offer though there will be plenty of playing time next season.

I believe with Okoro being a senior that SLU should be able to sign 2 bigs.

We have no one that plays like Carr on this roster, WF may end up with 2 others who are near identical players as Carr. 

Also, I would think Carr could start here, Carr may not seen the court next year at Wake. 

Zink likes this

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yeah, forgot about Mucius. He was more of a wing forward in my head, though.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, forgot about Mucius. He was more of a wing forward in my head, though.

true, but still likely to take potential minutes from Carr. I just don't see Carr physically ready enough to play much 5 in the ACC. So between Muciius and Laravia I just dont see how Carr plays much at all next year if those two return. 

billiken_roy likes this

I still think Wake could use a 4/5 but it's more of a depth play for them. Carr gives them that depth and the ability to throw some different looks out there. If they line him up with LaRavia and want him to play some 5, he's giving up some muscle in the ACC for sure.

From what I've found it looks like Carr is a much more desirable addition than Crespin, right? I see fluff articles claiming Crespin is a highly touted prospect but his stats are not very impressive. 

Anybody with a better idea want to correct or confirm?

21 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank mentioned on his show today that Carr will visit Wake next. He also mentioned Crespin coming in next week, which we already knew.

He said the coaches have been in contact with Bradford and they might “kick the tires” on Keita.

Offering one of SLU’s last scholarships is a good investment. He is a beast inside. I know his injury history will follow him, but if he can get healthy, he will be a helpful addition. 

1 minute ago, Marlow said:

Offering one of SLU’s last scholarships is a good investment. He is a beast inside. I know his injury history will follow him, but if he can get healthy, he will be a helpful addition. 

Sorry. I’m referring to Keira.