Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm interested in what the coach said.  Did he mention the NIL / portal mess?  Any links to quotes would be interesting to read.

The article didn’t quote the coach. It said that after coaching there three years he resigned to “pursue other opportunities.” He wasn’t let go as they had their 2nd most wins in 36 years of D1 hoops. 

The one I read didn’t mention the Clemson ass’t job.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

The article didn’t quote the coach. It said that after coaching there three years he resigned to “pursue other opportunities.” He wasn’t let go as they had their 2nd most wins in 36 years of D1 hoops. 

The one I read didn’t mention the Clemson ass’t job.

Yes.  He's Clemson bound.  What's interesting about that is Brownell has played a tight rope act with his job for quite sometime.  Seems like every time he's in a make or break season he makes it with a good season, then reverts to form. Seems like a weird landing spot for a sitting head coach.  Makes me think something made him want to get off that ship at almost any cost.  Not sure why though.  Admittedly, I don't know much at all about the UMKC job, it's pros and cons, etc.  I do know that the conference switch they made recently has got to be good for them.  Way less travel than before.

https://247sports.com/Article/Clemson-basketball-hires-Billy-Donlon-Sean-Dixon-as-assistant-coaches-186543790/

27 minutes ago, Eadsbee said:

Yes.  He's Clemson bound.  What's interesting about that is Brownell has played a tight rope act with his job for quite sometime.  Seems like every time he's in a make or break season he makes it with a good season, then reverts to form. Seems like a weird landing spot for a sitting head coach.  Makes me think something made him want to get off that ship at almost any cost.  Not sure why though.  Admittedly, I don't know much at all about the UMKC job, it's pros and cons, etc.  I do know that the conference switch they made recently has got to be good for them.  Way less travel than before.

https://247sports.com/Article/Clemson-basketball-hires-Billy-Donlon-Sean-Dixon-as-assistant-coaches-186543790/

He probably is pissed that the new women’s coach was going to make more than him.

15 hours ago, dlarry said:

I think you guys are mixing up your Joneses.

The original statement was about a Deandre Jones caliber player. 

Not the ESTL Jones.

I never mentioned any Jones - Roy is the guy who kept bringing it up.  My question was only specific to Thames.

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

Tre Mitchell is the transfer we need.  He owned the A10…did not live up to expectations in the Big 12. He knows what Javonte and SLU represent…and CTF knows first hand what Tre is capable of..come back to the A10 Tre!

His mentor, agent, buddy, future father-in-law, whatever, Tony Bergeron, is trying to package Mitchell with himself as an Assistant Coach. That is a non-starter.

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I never mentioned any Jones - Roy is the guy who kept bringing it up.  My question was only specific to Thames.

before you responded, i had responded concerning jones vs thames.   that is what you cant seem to get in your head.  you are the one that changed the focus of that.  

and i then did say that i would prefer we find a more experienced point guard than thames.  

so i am not sure what you want me to say.   seems like you wanted me to declare i wanted thames as our point guard.   i never once inferred such about thames.   i said if i had to choose between jones and thames as a freshman playing time, i would rather have thames.  

so why dont you just quit trying to make me say something i am not going to say.   i still say:

1. i would rather have thames than jones as a freshman point guard.

2. i would rather find an experieced point guard to transfer to the billikens.  

59 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

before you responded, i had responded concerning jones vs thames.   that is what you cant seem to get in your head.  you are the one that changed the focus of that.  

and i then did say that i would prefer we find a more experienced point guard than thames.  

so i am not sure what you want me to say.   seems like you wanted me to declare i wanted thames as our point guard.   i never once inferred such about thames.   i said if i had to choose between jones and thames as a freshman playing time, i would rather have thames.  

so why dont you just quit trying to make me say something i am not going to say.   i still say:

Slap fight! Go!

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

You know Roy, I am tired and bored hearing Cheeseman posting stuff and then denying over a number of posts that he ever said that. That line of argument may be useful in court but I just can't stand this any longer, so he has joined the ignored legion. RIP Cheeseman.

Crispin, the French player, visiting SLU, St. Mary's , and Oregon St. St Mary's seems to have a lot of success with foreign players, so I'm not feeling real strong about our chances. But we do have that St.Louis was named after a FR King thing going for us. Thinking it's time to break out the Fleur de Lis flags when he's here. 

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

me thinks a trip to Salinas is in order. Bring Paystubs

BilliesBy40 likes this

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Kendric Davis to Memphis.

Smart move, because Penny has a flawless track record with transfers and talent. Just ask can’t miss prospect Emoni Bates.

Even aside from that, it’s a strange lateral move within the same conference. I figured he was looking to make a bigger jump.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

His mentor, agent, buddy, future father-in-law, whatever, Tony Bergeron, is trying to package Mitchell with himself as an Assistant Coach. That is a non-starter.

That horrible suit he’s wearing is a non-starter for me. 😂 

slufanskip likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Crispin, the French player, visiting SLU, St. Mary's , and Oregon St. St Mary's seems to have a lot of success with foreign players, so I'm not feeling real strong about our chances. But we do have that St.Louis was named after a FR King thing going for us. Thinking it's time to break out the Fleur de Lis flags when he's here. 

Slu72, I hate to tell you this but the fleur de lis, which used to be a main item of the French flag under the ancien regime, is what is called in La Marsellaise "l'etendard sanglant," the bloody flag. I know this is 200+ year old news but the fleur de lis may not have a markedly positive impact upon a French recruit.

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

A Soprano wannabe adding sartorial flair to our bench for a couple of years in exchange for Tre..I would take it!!

Back in the early Majerus years, I always admired how Paulie Biancardi looked with those double breasted suits. He looked good.

brianstl and Gremio14 like this

5 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Which your intent was to take my comment out of context.  Don't know why you keep dragging this on since it was you that blew this up.  

Ive tried to explain how you misunderstood, but it's now pretty obvious your intent.   What a jerk.

3 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Even aside from that, it’s a strange lateral move within the same conference. I figured he was looking to make a bigger jump.

What'cha want to bet it is all about $$.  Penny isn't paying Duren or Bates anymore, so plenty of cash available.  Winning and losing is secondary these days.  Show Me The Money wins every time.

4 hours ago, Old guy said:

Slu72, I hate to tell you this but the fleur de lis, which used to be a main item of the French flag under the ancien regime, is what is called in La Marsellaise "l'etendard sanglant," the bloody flag. I know this is 200+ year old news but the fleur de lis may not have a markedly positive impact upon a French recruit.

Are you suggesting he is a Jacobin!!!

58 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Are you suggesting he is a Jacobin!!!

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

Slu72, I hate to tell you this but the fleur de lis, which used to be a main item of the French flag under the ancien regime, is what is called in La Marsellaise "l'etendard sanglant," the bloody flag. I know this is 200+ year old news but the fleur de lis may not have a markedly positive impact upon a French recruit

Heavens, we're descending into 18th century French politics on a basketball board 😂