ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

As shocked as I would be, I’m failing to think of another stl kid right now 

I was thinking either him or davion bradford but Coleman doesn’t seem to have any connection to him (doesn’t follow him on social media)

I think if a player enters the portal and is not offered, he’s on his own or up to the school he left if they want him back. I don’t think the school is required to take him back. Bottom line; player is at risk. Seems fair to me. 

8 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

There are a lot available: yaya keita, Bradford, Ramey, etc. etc.

Ya I had forgot about Bradford. Yaya would, Uh, not be the news I’m wanting to hear after this week. 

If Tyler Coleman is saying there's news, I would think it's a local kid. Bradford, Keita, Jones all come to mind. Keita is intriguing as a long-term option if healthy. Bradford and Okoro would both want to start. I never really "got" Jones when I've seen him but I'm willing to be wrong. I doubt it's Kasubke.

Shaun Williams is leaving CSU-Bakersfield. He's a local kid who's more of a 2 but could play a backup role at the PG position. Didn't put up big numbers and only played 10 games this season, but was better out there last year. Started his career at K-State. Grad transfer with 2 to play.

I'm not counting on Ramey or Yuri.

gabriel likes this

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

If Tyler Coleman is saying there's news, I would think it's a local kid. Bradford, Keita, Jones all come to mind. Keita is intriguing as a long-term option if healthy. Bradford and Okoro would both want to start. I never really "got" Jones when I've seen him but I'm willing to be wrong. I doubt it's Kasubke.

Shaun Williams is leaving CSU-Bakersfield. He's a local kid who's more of a 2 but could play a backup role at the PG position. Didn't put up big numbers and only played 10 games this season, but was better out there last year. Started his career at K-State. Grad transfer with 2 to play.

Who is Jones?

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That’s just what Ramey wants you to think. I am surprised we have not heard that Xavier Pinson has us back in his list. I figured that would be the person to jump at this quickly.

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

That’s just what Ramey wants you to think. I am surprised we have not heard that Xavier Pinson has us back in his list. I figured that would be the person to jump at this quickly.

Pinson appeared to be down to Xavier and Mississippi State but could be reconsidering.

Mizzou fans have warned me that he's an incredibly frustrating player. Numbers show major inefficiency. He's also a guy who seems to compound the situation when things aren't going well. Not sure he's a fit given the vibes around our program at the moment. Talented enough to thrive in this league for sure, though, and he's a guy we recruited out of HS.

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Pinson appeared to be down to Xavier and Mississippi State but could be reconsidering.

Mizzou fans have warned me that he's an incredibly frustrating player. Numbers show major inefficiency. He's also a guy who seems to compound the situation when things aren't going well. Not sure he's a fit given the vibes around our program at the moment. Talented enough to thrive in this league for sure, though, and he's a guy we recruited out of HS.

i watched pinson a fair amount, he has games when he disappears , others that he looks great. with my unlearned eye i wouldnt want him

22 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Sorry, Christian Jones from East St. Louis. Committed to Mizzou, got out of his LOI after the coaching change.

Ah. Ya between all the local names available, Bradford and Ramey(dream) would be the only exciting news for me. 

42 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Shaun Williams would be interesting.  He had some issues at K State off the court tho.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Not saying this is who TC is talking about, but Grad Transfer Eric Hunter Jr. is being followed by our coaching staff on social media. 6pts/2ast and Big10 All Defense last season. Would be nice to add a lock down perimeter defender.

25 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Not saying this is who TC is talking about, but Grad Transfer Eric Hunter Jr. is being followed by our coaching staff on social media. 6pts/2ast and Big10 All Defense last season. Would be nice to add a lock down perimeter defender.

I've been thinking this is the kind of guy who can really help the Billikens this season. A great defensive backup guard from the B1G. Doesn't have to be the greatest shooter with our other players in the mix.

6 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Didn’t we recruit Hunter Jr. out of high school?

I feel like we need Ford to find a point guard out of thin air.  Some Aussie or something.  It seems like our obsession with local area players is a little out of control. Now we think Ford will think about a CSU-Bakersfield castoff with off the court issues? Cmon now. 

we need a commitment from a player that surprises everyone.  This ship needs to be repaired fast. 

7 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Finding a good replacement pg is going to be tougher than some think.  I am not saying Ford can't do it but just thinking we have playing time available just may not be enough.

I know others disagree but I'm of the opinion that a Deandre Jones player would suffice considering the rest of the talent on the roster. We need someone better but a player like that could still get us to the NCAA. If Fodd can land Jones when Yuri was still on the roster, I'm confident he can do it again. But I do agree with you that getting a player even a small notch below Yuri is going to be tough