Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by Devin Askew transferring.  He seemed to emerge at the end of the year.  There's a top PG freshman coming to Texas.  Beard must run a real tight lipped group because there's been no prior leak on Ramey or Askew.

Askew would be a good get for SLU.  Guy looked really good at the end of the year.   He'd be really tough to defend by A10 guards. 

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i never liked vitale.   i might have to rethink that!

I thought he was entertaining in the early 90’s and could add excitement to the game. 
Then he became a caricature of himself and he was impossible to listen to. 
overall he seems like a good dude.

I definitely agree with him here.

almaman likes this

28 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Yaya Keita looked like the most talented player in STL in that year before his injury. If he is back to form, then we should take him.

We need two bigs still for next year. A primary back-up/partner for Okoro and a third Traore-level minute filler. I'd have to assume he could fill at least the role player spot.

34 minutes ago, willie said:

Not a fan of his tv gig. He spoke at a Billiken fund raising dinner many years ago. He was great. Great inspirational speaker. 

His manner and way of speaking make him seem like a used car salesman. However, after a long-time, it has become clear that he is a very genuine person.

Just now, brianstl said:

Wow, AJ Green just announced he is entering the portal.  Losing both Green and Noah Carter is a big blow to Norther Iowa.

I didn't know his dad was the AC at Iowa State. Unfortunately makes sense for all involved, except for No Iowa

20 hours ago, STLsportsfan said:

I’d imagine we’d be in on him 

Keita is a project, but assuming the number of scholarships SLU now has available, I'd say it's worth it.  With his injuries and lack of minutes last season, I wouldn't expect him to be a big contributor next season.  But the ceiling is high on his ability and he's a high motor guy that fits Ford's programs.  SLU needs to be thinking about next season with most of their open spots, but can't lose sight on the seasons beyond either.  This would be a move with that in mind.  Basically a replacement for Traore, but with the added risk of injury concerns.

15 minutes ago, Eadsbee said:

Keita is a project, but assuming the number of scholarships SLU now has available, I'd say it's worth it.  With his injuries and lack of minutes last season, I wouldn't expect him to be a big contributor next season.  But the ceiling is high on his ability and he's a high motor guy that fits Ford's programs.  SLU needs to be thinking about next season with most of their open spots, but can't lose sight on the seasons beyond either.  This would be a move with that in mind.  Basically a replacement for Traore, but with the added risk of injury concerns.

im ok with it since no Turnbull, would not want both

15 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

New Twitter Transfer Interest:

-Gavin Baxter 6'9" 228lb Sr. Forward (BYU), Averaged 6 pts, 2 reb, and 1 blk in 12 mins/ game over 6 games this past season.  He tore his ACL the 6th game of the season (12/1/21) after coming back from tearing the ACL in his other knee the previous season.

It's Baxter!!! 

21 hours ago, dlarry said:

I thought he was entertaining in the early 90’s and could add excitement to the game. 
Then he became a caricature of himself and he was impossible to listen to. 
overall he seems like a good dude.

I definitely agree with him here.

His shtick is overbearing and tries too hard.

His analysis is frequently spot-on, and I agree with his take on college basketball. Common refrain people have with him. One of my favorite analysts.

21 hours ago, willie said:

Not a fan of his tv gig. He spoke at a Billiken fund raising dinner many years ago. He was great. Great inspirational speaker. 

I also heard him as a motivational speaker, probably 20 years ago.  He was fabulous, and worked the crowd perfectly.  He was at a trade association national conference, and he injected terms and names from our industry into his talk.  He had on a head set mike and was all over the stage, worked up a massive sweat.  He was well worth the $20K we spent to get him.

The following year, Joe Gibbs was the speaker and it was a snooze feast.  

Updates on some transfer names the staff has been following:

-Jerrell Colbert (LSU) - Committed to K-State
-Kasen Harrison (Lamar) - Committed to Winthrop
-Dexter Dennis (Wichita State) - Visited Indiana, going to visit Clemson now
-Grant Basile (Wright State) - Visiting Notre Dame and Wisconsin
-Zach Wrightsil (Loyola-New Orleans) - Committed to Marquette
-Carlton Linguard (K-State) - Committed to UTSA
-Norchad Omier (Arkansas State) - Visited Miami and Florida State, heading to Texas Tech and Georgetown next
-John Camden (Memphis) - Down to LSU and Virginia Tech
-Tyler Beard (Georgetown) - Visiting Pacific, also considering Murray State
-Juwan Gary (Alabama) - Just visited Nebraska, looks like it's between them and South Carolina
-Morris Udeze (Wichita State) - Narrowed his list to Maryland, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, Texas, LSU, New Mexico, UNLV, Georgia Tech
-Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (Tennessee) - Visiting SMU, Auburn, Louisville, Arizona State, Wake Forest

Eadsbee likes this

For anyone that knows the St. Louis scene, could Kasubke serve as a the back-up PG? I watched him at the Higland tournament his senior year and I think I remember him running the point. Just wondering if a Kasubke/Bradford double signing would make sense?