Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, CBFan said:

CBFan stands for College Ball Fan I dislike pro sports because of players behavior, strikes and greed.

I feel the same way about most people sports. But it’s also because of the owners greed not just the players.  

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

What you think slu wasnt trying up to now?  You need to wake up out of your land of unicorns and rainbows.   You P5 slugs will be fine.  You have no idea what we deal with.

SLU's program isn't a dog and pony show.  You have a top end basketball stadium that 95% of the college basketball world are envious of.  You have a campus that is great and only getting better.  SLU is a world class research university and yes that helps.  You just took the best player away from a P5 SEC school.  Saint Louis is a hotbed for top recruits.  I get losing Yuri sucks but this isn't the end of the world.  Stop looking at what you don't have and start looking ar what you do have.  I think when you do that you will find SLU is an awesome basketball program. 

It's the Saint Peters of the world that are in trouble.  

You are clueless.   Saint Peter's just earned a 7 figure paycheck.   

Of course Kansas cheats and gets that kind of money under the table all the time from the shoe companies.   So you think that's nothing.  

Our glitzy arena means nothing any more to these kids that know we can't compete with the power 5 corrupt schools in the long run in bring able to bankroll the kids now legally.   

There appears to be some mutual interest between former Delaware Blue Hen  Andrew Carr and SLU from who is following who on twitter.  A 6'9" forward who averaged 10 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and shot 40.5% from 3 last season on 1.2 attempts per game.  Could be a guy that is developing into a nice stretch 4. 

Pistol and SLUMedBilliken15 like this

23 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

You are clueless.   Saint Peter's just earned a 7 figure paycheck.   

Of course Kansas cheats and gets that kind of money under the table all the time from the shoe companies.   So you think that's nothing.  

Our glitzy arena means nothing any more to these kids that know we can't compete with the power 5 corrupt schools in the long run in bring able to bankroll the kids now legally.   

I get you're upset and you bleed blue and im an outsider who is just a fan.  Maybe right now a pep talk isn't what you want and if you did I'm not the one you want to hear it from.    SLU will have a great next season.  

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Former 5-star Devin Askew has hit the portal again. He's been a bit of a disappointment, but maybe could thrive in the A-10. Plenty of opportunity for a pass first PG on this roster.

He’s already struggled at two P5 schools. Sounds like the perfect candidate to transfer down to a top tier mid-major with plenty of scorers to pass the ball to.

*blue font* Maybe our new portal can get him some NIL $$$. 

1 hour ago, TJHawk said:

I get you're upset and you bleed blue and im an outsider who is just a fan.  Maybe right now a pep talk isn't what you want and if you did I'm not the one you want to hear it from.    SLU will have a great next season.  

it doesnt help you are a fan first and formost from one of the most corrupt programs currently in college basketball.   cant wait till self or at least one of his staff is sent to prison.  that will make me feel a little better.  

wgstl likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

it doesnt help you are a fan first and formost from one of the most corrupt programs currently in college basketball.   cant wait till self or at least one of his staff is sent to prison.  that will make me feel a little better.  

I guess time will tell.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Wow how far he has fallen, he has to go to Hampton to be a featured player, this has to be a joke or am I missing something?

Depaul, Butler, Loyola, Drake, Missouri State, Murray State we’re not interested?

Each day and it’s just my opinion I believe there were some team issues with more than one player that split the locker room and the house is being self cleaned by the transfer portal.

The team played really well at the beginning of the A10 season and then fell apart.

More and more I feel that this is for the best.

A10Ref, billikenbill and DOC like this

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

There appears to be some mutual interest between former Delaware Blue Hen  Andrew Carr and SLU from who is following who on twitter.  A 6'9" forward who averaged 10 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and shot 40.5% from 3 last season on 1.2 attempts per game.  Could be a guy that is developing into a nice stretch 4. 

I appreciate you and others moving forward with post like this thank you for the information.

I need to get out of dumps and put my energy into looking forward for players that can help SLU and forget about those that left.

billiken_roy likes this

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I personally know TJHawk and I know he has been volunteered his time and money to raise money for the athletic department at SLU even though he is a KU grad. What have you done other than be a crotchety nuisance and sit in your seat with your arms crossed in your sockless pennyloafers?

TJHawk likes this

1 minute ago, Franchise_08 said:

I personally know TJHawk and I know he has been volunteered his time and money to raise money for the athletic department at SLU even though he is a KU grad. What have you done other than be a crotchety nuisance and sit in your seat with your arms crossed in your sockless pennyloafers?

Whoa let’s leave sockless penny loafers out of this, mmkay?

Just now, Franchise_08 said:

i have never worn pennyloafers sockless in my life.   i do sit arms crossed due to the close proximity to the adjoining seats and not wanting to make my neighbors more uncomfortable or appear selfish for hogging arm rests.  

well if anyone should know how to "raise money" for athletics it would be a jayhawk fan.