Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Blame the NCAA allowing the free evaluation by the NBA folks and much as the ease of the portal and transfer rules.   

Everything beyond the 5 football conferences are nothing more than farm teams now.   Won't be long till they split the tourney

I was in the camp that you and those saying this were just being hysterical, "sky is falling", etc... But I must admit, I was wrong. While I hope this won't be the reality, it is heading in that direction.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Roy, the NBA evaluation had nothing to with this. There has been stuff going on with Yuri before he ever announced he was going to get evaluated.  

first ive heard of this...

2 minutes ago, SShoe said:

It's gonna be hard to remain a true fan of college sports if this is just the new reality.  

You have to think about it this way, every player has 1-2 years with your team and you'll never know which of those it is. 

If my fears of splitting D1 come true (won't be tomorrow but I fear it's coming) I won't pay what I pay now for my tickets if at all.

Something has to change or we are doomed

CBFan likes this

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

If my fears of splitting D1 come true (won't be tomorrow but I fear it's coming) I won't pay what I pay now for my tickets if at all.

Something has to change or we are doomed

I fear you're right.  There's no way to regulate NIL.  If a P5 throws enough money at your player, he's gone.

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I fear you're right.  There's no way to regulate NIL.  If a P5 throws enough money at your player, he's gone.

Maybe it’s Lindenwood. I mean, it won’t just be P5’s throwing money around. I think things will even out once everyone learns the rules and how to play them.

1 minute ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Maybe it’s Lindenwood. I mean, it won’t just be P5’s throwing money around. I think things will even out once everyone learns the rules and how to play them.

There are rumors of top players getting NIL deals close to 7 figures.  It's nothing or program with wealthy boosters to throw 50K at a mid-major player.  I can't fathom how mid-major programs can play and win under those rules.

Here is another name, Andre Curbelo. Obviously, his numbers were bad this year. However, his numbers are somewhat similar to Yuri’s as a Fresh/soph. Maybe Ford can turn him into a good player.

St. Johns

Here is another name, Andre Curbelo. Obviously, his numbers were bad this year. However, his numbers are somewhat similar to Yuri’s as a Fresh/soph. Maybe Ford can turn him into a good player.

He committed to somebody

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

There are rumors of top players getting NIL deals close to 7 figures.  It's nothing or program with wealthy boosters to throw 50K at a mid-major player.  I can't fathom how mid-major programs can play and win under those rules.

Deion Sander’s team brought in a 5* player. He coaches at Florida Blah Blah Blah. In basketball, a star player can have a much bigger effect. Any program could commit $1 M on a single player, and then pay it back over 10 years. How much money can Kansas and Kentucky actually spend yearly? I think basketball has the ability to even this out, if the smaller teams can figure out how to game it.

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

They can start by boosters redirecting their money away from the coach's salary towards NIL deals for players.  Is Ford really worth $2.5 million dollars for his recruiting ability when NIL has changed the recruiting game?

Just now, AnkielBreakers said:

Deion Sander’s team brought in a 5* player. He coaches at Florida Blah Blah Blah. In basketball, a star player can have a much bigger effect. Any program could commit $1 M on a single player, and then pay it back over 10 years. How much money can Kansas and Kentucky actually spend yearly? I think basketball has the ability to even this out, if the smaller teams can figure out how to game it.

The big difference and change to expect over time, is that coaches salaries will go from 1-2 million, down to 2-5 thousand. That is what I expect.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They can start by boosters redirecting their money away from the coach's salary towards NIL deals for players.  Is Ford really worth $2.5 million dollars for his recruiting ability when NIL has changed the recruiting game?

Redirecting $1 million of booster money going to the head coach to NIL would give you $100,000 each for ten players.

Zink likes this

Just now, brianstl said:

Redirecting $1 million of booster money going to the head coach to NIL would give you $100,000 each for ten players.

Does NIL money negate the great recruiters?  Could someone like Soderberg (not a good recruiter, but a good bench coach) now have a greater chance for success if he had boosters willing to handout NIL money?

Zink likes this