Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

3 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Some psycho talked sh** under the post like “he was a practice player at SLU anyway”

even if you think that, don’t be that guy. Never be that guy. Especially if they were good representatives of the program like Jimmy

It’s bad enough to say stuff like that publicly but even worse to do it under his actual post. Jimmy clearly acknowledged it by liking the tweet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Some psycho talked sh** under the post like “he was a practice player at SLU anyway”

even if you think that, don’t be that guy. Never be that guy. Especially if they were good representatives of the program like Jimmy

The psycho did not know Bell or the SLU program.

Bell was productive his freshman year.  He was a big part of beating Richmond and Rhode Island on the road.

Had he came back he would have played a lot and SLU would have had 2 centers that could shoot free throws.

billiken_roy and almaman like this

i too am having a hard time seeing jimmy fit in a huggybear system.  i wish him luck and i now have a reason to watch west virginia the next couple of years to see jimmy succeed.  it disappoints me that he is no longer a billiken.   he has done so much to get himself to this point personally and physically how can you not root for the young man?

I always forget Relaphorde.  My bad.  That would be the only upward bound transfer as I see it.  And Ricky Frazier way back when.  Thanks for the correction.  Jason Edwin went to Kent State; not an upgrade in my book, maybe a lateral.  And there was one guy who went to some Kentucky school a long time ago but his name and the school escapes me.  Decent player.  Again, not an upgrade.

34 minutes ago, ACE said:

Another over-rated player from Vashon.

Recruiting gurus make a fundamental mistake when evaluating Vashon players.  Their team defense feeds their offense.  They really share the ball on offense.  They do these two things better than almost every team in the state, year in and year out.  By adhering to these principles, their sum is always more than their individual parts.  

The result is solid defensive players who get exposed offensively in college.  Vashon isn't set up to build great individual offensive players.  They manage to win championships without them.

BilliesBy40, hmart23 and AGB91 like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i too am having a hard time seeing jimmy fit in a huggybear system.  i wish him luck and i now have a reason to watch west virginia the next couple of years to see jimmy succeed.  it disappoints me that he is no longer a billiken.   he has done so much to get himself to this point personally and physically how can you not root for the young man?

I agree. I can't help thinking the Covid isolation knocked Jimmy off of his weight loss, body building discipline and that bumped him down the depth chart. I think he would have been better to stay and double down on building an NBA body and improving his skills. Unfortunately in today's Div 1, world young men jump to greener grass, rather than digging deeper and working through challenges. I wish him well and hope things work out for him.

billiken_roy likes this

This would be a different assessment of Jimmy Bell if Okoro had not given us the best season we have had from a true center in a long time- the way the season started it was all ML until he got hurt and Frances stepped up.

I hate when Chapley does these cryptic messages. Does way more harm than good. 

This one in particular has my mind racing, has me thinking we might be out on turnbull. No evidence for this other than this tweet and his butler visit this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, gabriel said:

I hate when Chapley does these cryptic messages. Does way more harm than good. 

This one in particular has my mind racing, has me thinking we might be out on turnbull. No evidence for this other than this tweet and his butler visit this weekend. 

It isn't about Turnbull.

This transfer b.s. will be the end of college basketball as I think us Hardcores love it.   It's changing for the worse and this one will prove it

tigik, MattyMo213 and HenryB like this