Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

54 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Looks like no jimmy bell jr reunion. Down to wvu , Sam Huston state, ETSU and Oakland. 

which one doesnt belong?   i.e. why only bigtime huggy in this group of suitors?   

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtney Ramey is playing in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (PIT) this week. I assume that means he's not transferring and really going the professional route? I've never seen a senior play and continue playing college ball. The last time SLU had a player here was Jordair. Would be nice if we have a senior next year play.

Hellems is also there.

https://twitter.com/PIT_Basketball/status/1513576955903459330/photo/1

15 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

I believe that's two scholarships left after LHII and Pickett. Have to think we're going big with both? Maybe Ford's planning on using Javonte as a PG when Yuri is out?

Scratch that. Signing as a walk-on.

1 hour ago, Bilzz said:

Scratch that. Signing as a walk-on.

Yup... Dream scenario for this squad. 3 remaining spots after snagging two quality players. Obviously one averaged double-digits in the SEC last year, so he'll be more impactful right away. Can't write off LHJ... kid seems to have a limitless ceiling and a good head on his shoulder.

48 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I give Larry Hughes Sr. credit, he put his money where his mouth is - he lobbied some for Tatum to come to SLU and now his son is coming so he wasn't just talking out of school.  Now I am sure the kid made up his own mind but dad has been a big supporter.

Are there any other Hughes kids in the pipeline?

Updates on some names the coaches are following:

-Patrick Cartier (Hillsdale College) - Being prioritized by Marquette, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Valpo, Toledo, Colorado, South Carolina, Butler, Green Bay, Wright State, Milwaukee. No indication of any favorites yet.
-Chance Moore (Arkansas) - Committed to Missouri State.
-K.J. Williams (Murray State) - Testing NBA draft waters in addition to transferring. Plans are unclear but he's considered a top-5 available transfer.
-Dalen Ridgnal (Georgia) - Committed to Missouri State.
-Eric Williams (Oregon) - Hearing from a ton of schools, testing NBA draft waters. Texas Tech, Arkansas, DePaul, Memphis, and Georgia appear to be the leaders for now.
-Ben Vander Plas (Ohio) - Narrowed list to Illinois, Ohio State, Iowa State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wisconsin.
-Keylan Boone (Oklahoma State) - Hearing from Memphis, Arizona State, Xavier, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Pitt, UGA, and Tulsa.
-Will Richard (Belmont) - Committed to Florida.
-Grant Basile (Wright State) - Visiting Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, and Iowa State in the next few weeks.
-Mohamed Wague (Harcum College) - Committed to West Virginia.
-Kasen Harrison (Lamar) - Visiting Winthrop this weekend. Also being prioritized by IUPUI and Longwood.
-Noah Carter (UNI) - Committed to Mizzou.
-Kaodirichi Akobundu-Ehiogu (Texas-Arlington) - Testing NBA draft waters. No indication of leaders for transfer purposes.
-Jacobi Wood (Belmont) - Narrowed his list to Vanderbilt, Murray State, WKU, Winthrop, Wofford, and Furman. K-State and George Mason are still trying to get involved.
-Dexter Dennis (Wichita State) - Hearing from a couple dozen schools. West Virginia and Indiana seem to be pushing hard.
-Zach Wrightsil (Loyola-New Orleans) - Visiting Marquette tomorrow.
-Norchad Omier (Arkansas State) - Visiting West Virginia. Miami (visited), Memphis, and Florida also in the mix.

Plenty of other names in the mix, but no newsworthy updates for those.

gabriel, CBFan, Compton and 1 other like this