Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

I REALLY want Eric Williams, so I'm not thrilled with this as I suspect this means we don't have a shot.

Eric was also pretty unlikely. Pickett is a good add. To me pickett is what I hoped Nesbitt could be next year, on the high end.  Double digit scorer in the P5 who isn’t known for his scoring, yes please. 

AGB91 likes this

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

I REALLY want Eric Williams, so I'm not thrilled with this as I suspect this means we don't have a shot.

I would certainly take Williams over Pickett, but I don't get the impression this would be a decision to take Javon over him.

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I would certainly take Williams over Pickett, but I don't get the impression this would be a decision to take Javon over him.

Pickett was way more efficient offensively in the past year in a harder conference than Williams. Yes, Williams is a better rebounder. I see them both as massive +'s to this roster. If we get Pickett, I am stoked. If we get williams, I am stoked.

58 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Thornton has said/Tweeted some things about SLU over the years, that has me thinking that if he’s saying “there will be SLU news” the news will be that somebody chose Mizzou over SLU.  I hope I’m wrong.

I feel pretty confident that it won’t be Turnbull because he canceled his visit with Missouri.

2 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Getting Turnbull and Pickett would be amazing. Would just need a combo guard with good ball handling skills to backup Yuri if those two committed. 

I'm still a little uneasy about our backup big being a freshman. 

brianstl likes this

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

More nervous than our starting point guard being a freshman three years ago?

Maybe

More times than not a frosh will be up to speed faster as a guard than a big man. Plus Yuri had Jgood to help him. 

Even then, what does that have to do with next season? hate to use "what about Yuri's frosh season" for examples in 10 years. 

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Maybe

More times than not a frosh will be up to speed faster as a guard than a big man. Plus Yuri had Jgood to help him. 

Even then, what does that have to do with next season? hate to use "what about Yuri's frosh season" for examples in 10 years. 

The staff is recruiting this young man as if he's just as important to our success in the frontcourt as Yuri was to our backcourt when he was a freshman.

Couple more new names:

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield - 6-10, 245 lbs. - Freshman - Tennessee - Averaged 3.9 and 3.0 in his only year at UT. 5-star out of HS who will have a lot of schools after him.

Calvin Solomon - 6-7, 208 lbs. - Junior - Stephen F. Austin - Averaged 9.3, 5.8, and 1.5 with a slashline of .522/.462/.620. 3-point percentage is based on 6-13 shooting for the year. 

There's only so many minutes to go around. Going into the transfer portal period I thought we had decent minutes to offer a big and and a back-up PG. Turnbull, as a stretch 4, would mean we'd probably still need the big and Pickett, as another SG, would mean we still probably need the back-up PG. I very much want Turnbull, but we're going to be running into a roster crunch if a few of our higher-end targets end up coming.

6 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

There's only so many minutes to go around. Going into the transfer portal period I thought we had decent minutes to offer a big and and a back-up PG. Turnbull, as a stretch 4, would mean we'd probably still need the big and Pickett, as another SG, would mean we still probably need the back-up PG. I very much want Turnbull, but we're going to be running into a roster crunch if a few of our higher-end targets end up coming.

This is interesting, I've never seen Turnbull play, and from what I've heard he needs to get bigger. 

I wonder for next year if we could play Connor at the 4, and get maybe a veteran big to play backup Franco? 

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This is interesting, I've never seen Turnbull play, and from what I've heard he needs to get bigger. 

I wonder for next year if we could play Connor at the 4, and get maybe a veteran big to play backup Franco? 

I have no doubt we'll sign two bigs.  We usually carry at least three bigs.  

5 hours ago, Littlebill said:

I think he used to work in local news - not sure his connections but tends to know what's going on in local recruiting when Miz is involved. Big Mizzou guy

If Larry tweeted it, you can trust it.  I've known Larry personally for 19 years.  Yeah, big Mizzou guy, but roots locally too.  He worked at KSDK Sports for over 15 years.  That said, I don't know if he's referring to LHJ, or someone else.

16 minutes ago, philliken said:

If Larry tweeted it, you can trust it.  I've known Larry personally for 19 years.  Yeah, big Mizzou guy, but roots locally too.  He worked at KSDK Sports for over 15 years.  That said, I don't know if he's referring to LHJ, or someone else.

Ok…good to know. I remember him tweeting some pretty anti-SLU stuff several years back, from the official KSDK sports Twitter account no less. I figured that he was a SLU hater, so if he was going to admit that there was SLU news, it was going to be bad news for SLU.

16 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Ok…good to know. I remember him tweeting some pretty anti-SLU stuff several years back, from the official KSDK sports Twitter account no less. I figured that he was a SLU hater, so if he was going to admit that there was SLU news, it was going to be bad news for SLU.

I wouldn't call him a 'SLU Hater' but I get how you'd get that vibe.  He's definitely a Mizzou first 100% guy.  I've had conversations with him over the past few years, and he's definitely hoping for SLU to succeed....but would prefer it be a 'lower success' than Mizzou.

6 minutes ago, philliken said:

I wouldn't call him a 'SLU Hater' but I get how you'd get that vibe.  He's definitely a Mizzou first 100% guy.  I've had conversations with him over the past few years, and he's definitely hoping for SLU to succeed....but would prefer it be a 'lower success' than Mizzou.

so he'd be the guy that shows up for a saturday game because mi$$ouri is playing in say florida but he still where's his mi$$ouri pullover and mi$$ouri baseball cap.   hope he doesnt sit next to me.