ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Got a good feeling Turnbull will be a Billiken by the end of the week

Turnbull visited MU over the weekend and there was no signing and very little fan excitement about his visit on tigerboard.

There is plenty of minutes available in a Linssen type of role for him on a team that should finish in the top 4 in the A10.

I am hoping for announcements on commitments to come soon I am ready for good news.

14 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Turnbull visited MU over the weekend and there was no signing and very little fan excitement about his visit on tigerboard.

There is plenty of minutes available in a Linssen type of role for him on a team that should finish in the top 4 in the A10.

I am hoping for announcements on commitments to come soon I am ready for good news.

turnbull postponed his visit to mizzou this past weekend

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

turnbull postponed his visit to mizzou this past weekend

Thank you Dennis.

I guess most of the MU fans did not care because that was not even mentioned.

I hope it’s good sign he will commit to SLU.

If Turnbull commits time to get another big and a point guard.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Thank you Dennis.

I guess most of the MU fans did not care because that was not even mentioned.

I hope it’s good sign he will commit to SLU.

If Turnbull commits time to get another big and a point guard.

some mizzou fans are already saying turnbull was a project and not good enough to play in the sec

26 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

some mizzou fans are already saying turnbull was a project and not good enough to play in the sec

this could be said about the mi$$ouri entire roster this past season.   

2 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I had seen that they also said that before he committed to Butler.

What their fans do not understand is that their whole basketball program is a project.

With 13 scholarships having a project from the St. Louis area is okay.

I do not think Turnbull is a project because 3 star likes Turnbull and I strongly believe in 3 Star’s evaluations of players.

rgbilliken likes this

21 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I think he used to work in local news - not sure his connections but tends to know what's going on in local recruiting when Miz is involved. Big Mizzou guy

that explains a lot.   most of the "big mi$$ouri guys" are nuts.

Frank just said on his show that things are looking good for SLU with Turnbull. Kramer and Thames came along with him on his visit on Friday, and they are all tight from their BBE days.

Also, he said he thinks Javon Pickett could commit to SLU in the next day or two. 

Just now, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank just said on his show that things are looking good for SLU with Turnbull. Kramer and Thames came along with his visit on Friday.

Also, he said he thinks Javon Pickett could commit to SLU in the next day or two. 

Maybe Pickett was what Thornton was referring to.

2 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank just said on his show that things are looking good for SLU with Turnbull. Kramer and Thames came along with him on his visit on Friday, and they are all tight from their BBE days.

Pickett's a solid player.  Jack of all trades, master of none.  Doesn't bode well for Nesbitt's return since they play essentially the same role.  

As a Mizzou fan, PowerMizzou is the only message board worth looking at. Based on what I saw there, I think Larry was referring to Turnbull. It was posted on there that Turnbull did not visit this weekend, Gabe who runs the site has had contact with his coach ever since he entered the portal. I would say most on there view Turnbull as being capable of playing in the SEC.

36 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Pickett's a solid player.  Jack of all trades, master of none.  Doesn't bode well for Nesbitt's return since they play essentially the same role.  

Agreed. I like Pickett. A guy who will get dirty, find ways to produce, and buy into a role. He also has some versatility defensively which I see as a need on the roster. Maybe not one fans who haven't watched him get overly excited about, but he would be a nice addition.

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Agreed. I like Pickett. A guy who will get dirty, find ways to produce, and buy into a role. He also has some versatility defensively which I see as a need on the roster. Maybe not one fans who haven't watched him get overly excited about, but he would be a nice addition.

I REALLY want Eric Williams, so I'm not thrilled with this as I suspect this means we don't have a shot.