ACE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Littlebill said:

no

Made me laugh in a good way with the definitive response.

I guess it’s as wishful as playing more than 8 players in a game.

20 minutes ago, CBFan said:

It would be interesting if Ford had the added choices of Turnbull and Bradford how the lineup would look.  Would he play 2 bigs, possibly.

The thing about playing 2 bigs is both being at least adequate passers (which I think was mentioned yesterday), and at least one having some resemblance of a mid-range game, at least.  I think Turnbull has some outside game, so I think playing 2 bigs would work.  Would Ford do it, who really knows. 

22 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Is Williams a PF? Looks like a big guard, small forward to me 

You have a valid point, but if he were on the Billikens next season we would essentially fill the PF spot.  That is unless you'd prefer calling Perkins the PF and Williams the SF.  Positions don't really matter except PG & center.  

21 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Right.  SLU needs, and has needed, a starting level PF since the Majerus  days.  That is what makes next year's team elite.  Would love a Cody Ellis type to go with Okoro  ......

I agree. Our coaches need to figure out how to handle VCU, Dayton, St. Bonaventure, and Davidson on a regular basis. Any players we recruit have to enhance our chances of owning these teams. They don’t need to fill this team with bench players who will leave at the end of the.season.

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

You have a valid point, but if he were on the Billikens next season we would essentially fill the PF spot.  That is unless you'd prefer calling Perkins the PF and Williams the SF.  Positions don't really matter except PG & center.  

I have no problem with 2 SF, sorta like having 1 PF and 3 guards.  Either way were dancing around doing that anyway.  We would be a pretty tall team.  you would have a frontcourt of 6'8, 6'7 and 6'6 with GJ at 6'5 and throw in THJ. 

17 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Kudos to my fellow MBMs for speaking this chain of events into existence.

Never underestimate the MBM power of positive thinking.

For me I got really interested in Turnbull because of your evaluation of him on a post.  I trust your knowledge about players.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

With the above being said, can someone who knows better explain why Bradford only averaged 15 minutes a game, 2 rebounds per game, and 3.3 points per game on a bad team last year?

I don't watch K-State but I know @Coach314 alluded to him not being utilized properly. 

54 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Made me laugh in a good way with the definitive response.

I guess it’s as wishful as playing more than 8 players in a game.

It’s not wishful thinking, because it’s a strategy that is proven to not work in college basketball. Ford played 2 bigs a lot longer than most coaches did.

38 minutes ago, Marlow said:

I agree. Our coaches need to figure out how to handle VCU, Dayton, St. Bonaventure, and Davidson on a regular basis. Any players we recruit have to enhance our chances of owning these teams. They don’t need to fill this team with bench players who will leave at the end of the.season.

Wow. Finally someone I agree with. Too many MBM’s want to fill the back half of the roster with back ups and practice players. I want to fill from the front. I want starters. If some of our rotation players get demoted, tell them to work harder. 

5 minutes ago, NH said:

It’s not wishful thinking, because it’s a strategy that is proven to not work in college basketball. Ford played 2 bigs a lot longer than most coaches did.

The only time it really works anymore is when the 4 is almost a full time perimeter/pick and pop guy next to a big time, physical rebounder like NC did with Manek/Bacot.

For the sake of this discussion like @CBFan mentioned, neither Okoro nor Turnbull can guard the 4 at this level

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow. Finally someone I agree with. Too many MBM’s want to fill the back half of the roster with back ups and practice players. I want to fill from the front. I want starters. If some of our rotation players get demoted, tell them to work harder. 

You're arguing with no one. No one wants a back of the roster guy. Literally no one we are talking about would be outside the top 8 guys on our roster.

I know being a contrarian is your thing, but literally no one is arguing with you

HenryB likes this

8 minutes ago, NH said:

Kansas started 6’10” and 6’8” last night. Worked pretty well for them. 

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

You're arguing with no one. No one wants a back of the roster guy. Literally no one we are talking about would be outside the top 8 guys on our roster.

I know being a contrarian is your thing, but literally no one is arguing with you

You aren’t reading the same posts I am. KSU’s backups?  Come on. If Okoro or Jimerson or Collins or Perkins or Thatch comes off the bench, I’m good with that. 

27 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

north carolina played 7 and kansas played 8, those coaches dont know how to manage their benches either

Depends on your players and the style of play you want to present.