Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

48 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Yeah, all that talk about how awful Curbelo is …………

I would take him in a heartbeat on next year’s team.  He would get a ton of minutes on next year’s team.

He can’t carry Yuri’s jockstrap.  He’s worse in every department.  Plus you can’t play him off the ball.  If he wants Deandre Jones role, sure

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

He can’t carry Yuri’s jockstrap.  He’s worse in every department.  If he wants Deandre Jones role, sure

He wouldn’t need to carry Yuri’s jockstrap.  You play him alongside Yuri like he played alongside Ayo for 20-25 minutes a game.  Curbelo is at his best when he has another real PG on the floor with him.  Let Curbelo get in the lane and make things happen. Curbelo has some big holes in his game and won’t ever be an All-American, but he would be a really good A-10 player.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

None of that matters since Curbelo is probably headed to UK and there is probably little chance SLU could be a player for him.

Yep. The Curbelo slander is interesting. He does things on the court that no one else can do. His potential is huge with the right coaching. As much as I hate to admit it, I think he would/will get it at Kentucky.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

None of that matters since Curbelo is probably headed to UK and there is probably little chance SLU could be a player for him.

The coach that recruited him to Illinois, Orlando Antigua, is there.  If he's going to be a backup point guard anywhere, it would be there.  Otherwise, he should be a looking for a mid-major or a weak high-major that needs a starting point guard.

20 minutes ago, Fraz said:

He might be out of our reach, but Terrence Shannon Jr would be my dream transfer.  Would be a perfect combo guard to compliment Yuri and Fred.  He’s from Chicago so maybe there’s a chance 

Illinois bound imo

28 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Illinois bound imo

Could see this, but that roster is in complete transition.  Losing Frazier, Plummer, Williams, Curbelo, and most likely Kofi.  On paper we have a much better situation to win in the next couple years.  Depends of course what U of I brings in

Am bored today so made a list of guys that are currently in the transfer portal that Phil Forte follows on twitter:

-Chance Moore 6'5 G (Arkansas)

-K.J Williams 6'10 F (Murray State)

-David Skogman 6'10 C (Buffalo)

-Dalen Ridgnal 6'7 F (Georgia)

-Eric Williams Jr 6'7 F (Oregon, follows Forte back)

-Ben Vander Plas 6'8 F (Ohio)

-Wesley Cardet Jr 6'6 G (Samford, follows Forte back)

-Javon Pickett 6'5 G (Mizzou)

-Kale Catchings 6'6 F (Harvard)

-Keylan Boone 6'8 G (Oklahoma State, follows Forte back)

-Tamell Pearson 6'10 F (Western Illinois, follows Forte back)

-Will Richard 6'5 G(Belmont)

-Grant Basile 6'9 F (Wright State)

I know some guys have been talked about on here and some may be from previous HS recruiting but I thought it was an interesting list to fuel the wild speculation.

4 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Am bored today so made a list of guys that are currently in the transfer portal that Phil Forte follows on twitter:

-Eric Williams Jr 6'7 F (Oregon, follows forte back)

-Wesley Cardet Jr 6'6 G (Samford)

-Keylan Boone 6'8 G (Oklahoma State, follows forte back)

-Tamell Pearson 6'10 F (Western Illinois, follows forte back)

I know some guys have been talked about on here and some may be from previous HS recruiting but I thought it was an interesting list to fuel the wild speculation.

Boone is a player I was wondering about with the OSU connection. Good to see there could be some mutual interest. Williams knows about having success at Chaifetz. Kid from Western Illinois would fill a need.

35 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Joe Toussaint has announced he is transferring from Iowa. Hopefully he doesn't end up in the A10. He is the kind of PG that causes us problems in this conference.

We offered him out of HS. 

37 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Joe Toussaint has announced he is transferring from Iowa. Hopefully he doesn't end up in the A10. He is the kind of PG that causes us problems in this conference.

Pretty sure him going to Iowa helped us land Yuri. I remember he took an official visit there 

8 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

-Dalen Ridgnal 6'7 F (Georgia)

-Eric Williams Jr 6'7 F (Oregon, follows forte back)

-Wesley Cardet Jr 6'6 G (Samford)

-Keylan Boone 6'8 G (Oklahoma State, follows forte back)

-Tamell Pearson 6'10 F (Western Illinois, follows forte back)

I think Cardet and Pickett are the only two we offered out of HS. Lot of intriguing names on this list.