Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

I agree with wvbilliken.   No way Huggins wants Jimmy Bell.   Even Danny fortson will look like bill Russell compared to Jimmy Bell.  Huggins always wants sleek athletes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, AnkielBreakers said:

image.png.98ea97f2c2d8335d3e904e17dbcca505.png

Here is the super useful scholarship chart. When I count up and delete Markhi and Linssen, then there is one spot. Not sure if that is correct.

If Williams comes back, he wouldn't count on the 13, right?  So subtract Strickland and (maybe) add Perkins, don't we still have one open?

12 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

williams will count

I thought maybe he would, but why?  He doesn't get a Covid mulligan?  Next year will be his 5th year of college hoops.  He played one year at Cleveland State, two at Oakland, and one at SLU.  How does he get by without the extra year?

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I thought maybe he would, but why?  He doesn't get a Covid mulligan?

my understanding is you got the roster exemption for the super seniors this year and you had to be back to the 13 limit next year. perkins would not count against the 13 this year but will next year. players still get the extra year but the roster doesnt get extra spots

dlarry and TheChosenOne like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I agree with wvbilliken.   No way Huggins wants Jimmy Bell.   Even Danny fortson will look like bill Russell compared to Jimmy Bell.  Huggins always wants sleek athletes.

You may be right but if he actually has a real offer, I'd assume Huggins has a better idea of how he would fit than anyone on this board. Well, except for those MBM's who after watching Markhi play for 80 minutes over 3 months know his skill level and how to use him better than Coach Ford. 

BilliesBy40 and wgstl like this

22 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

my understanding is you got the roster exemption for the super seniors this year and you had to be back to the 13 limit next year. perkins would not count against the 13 this year but will next year

I agree on Perkins, he counts next year (unless there is some wrinkle for a medical issue).

But I thought the Covid exemption year was taken after your senior year.  Williams was listed as a Junior this year. What year then would Williams NOT count on the total?  Or does he not get the exempted year?

Just now, HoosierPal said:

I agree on Perkins, he counts next year (unless there is some wrinkle for a medical issue).

But I thought the Covid exemption year was taken after your senior year.  Williams was listed as a Junior this year. What year then would Williams NOT count on the total? 

roster spots did not count for the covid super seniors this year, they will count next and you will have to be at 13. the only billiken super senior this year would have been  perkins so he would not have counted against the 13 he will next year

TheChosenOne likes this

2 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

roster spots did not count for the covid super seniors this year, they will count next and you will have to be at 13. the only billiken super senior this year would have been  perkins so he would not have counted against the 13 he will next year

Agree.  Whether a guy has eligibility left and whether he counts for a roster spot are two different things.  Williams can be eligible for one more year of playing, but still count as a roster spot.

4 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

I dont think Williams would count next year, cause he didn’t really play last year. (Blue font)

Good post

He also did not hit many shots either.

How many shots did he have to take to average double figures at the other schools?

13 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Agree.  Whether a guy has eligibility left and whether he counts for a roster spot are two different things.  Williams can be eligible for one more year of playing, but still count as a roster spot.

Williams is an interesting one. I don’t see a spot for him next year and we’re going to need that scholarship.  But he’s already used his transfer, so he wouldn’t be eligible his last year if he moves, right? Guess he could go D-2. 

1 minute ago, DOC said:

Williams is an interesting one. I don’t see a spot for him next year and we’re going to need that scholarship.  But he’s already used his transfer, so he wouldn’t be eligible his last year if he moves, right? Guess he could go D-2. 

If he has graduated, wouldn't he be able to use the graduate transfer rule to transfer without sitting out?

That's my scholarship chart that has been floating around here & it is woefully outdated / incorrect with regard to the COVID year situation.  I don't have time to update for changes right now, but I'll try to do that next month when I free up a bit.

9 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

The article about Huggins recruiting Jimmy Bell mentions that Saint Louis is among the schools that has been in touch with him:

Bell told WV Sports Now that he has heard from ETSU, New Mexico State, Oakland, Saint Louis, South Carolina, Temple and other schools.

Note: He averaged 9 pts, 9 rebs and shot 59% vs. 49% at SLU... 

9 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Jimmy Bell back to the Billikens?  Who called that first a long time ago.

He is not there yet however there is room for him and a need.

Bell has to decide if he wants to start somewhere else or play behind Okoro.

I want to see what Traore can do next season.

College free agency has changed things.

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

He is not there yet however there is room for him and a need.

Bell has to decide if he wants to start somewhere else or play behind Okoro.

I want to see what Traore can do next season.

College free agency has changed things.

bell might be the perfect person to fill that open slot.   i am doubting we will get someone as good or better than linssen was so at this point get the best player available.   jimmy played ok while here before and i would feel very comfortable with him being the primary backup for okoro.   plus as you state above, traore is intriguing.   it seems to me he might be a diamond in the rough considering his athleticism.   

59 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

bell might be the perfect person to fill that open slot.   i am doubting we will get someone as good or better than linssen was so at this point get the best player available.   jimmy played ok while here before and i would feel very comfortable with him being the primary backup for okoro.   plus as you state above, traore is intriguing.   it seems to me he might be a diamond in the rough considering his athleticism.   

Traore’s rebounding and defense was good coach Ford confirmed that in an interview.

I agree Bell would be a decent fill in for Okoro but it will depend on what Bell wants to do.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Butler coach, will he be fired?  If the Butler coach is fired will Turnbull want a release?  If he wants a release then that is the player I would like to see recruited hard by SLU.