Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

25 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well maybe not - it appears he was "dismissed." Probably a better fit for Mizzou.

Bowling Green men’s basketball head coach Michael Huger has announced that senior guard Myron Gordon and junior forward Joe Reece have been dismissed from the team for failure to meet program standards.

“I want to wish Myron and Joe the very best in their future endeavors,” Huger said. “They have made contributions to our program. At the same time, there are standards of behavior within the framework of our team that we expect to be met by all of our student-athletes. Failure to do so on a consistent basis has resulted in the loss of the privilege of being members of this team.”

Agree, let them go somewhere else.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, ACE said:

I just saw that local player Joe Reece who is now at Bowling Green is transferring. He's 6-9 and his stats this year are very similar to what Linnsen put up at Wilmington before he transferred here. It would seem to make sense as a potential Linnsen replacement if there is mutual interest.

Discipline issues aside, Joe Reece is not really a Linssen replacement. He’s more of a tall wing. I don’t think he’d get minutes here next year, especially if Perkins returns.

44 minutes ago, NH said:

Discipline issues aside, Joe Reece is not really a Linssen replacement. He’s more of a tall wing. I don’t think he’d get minutes here next year, especially if Perkins returns.

I've never seen him play, but he's only shot 9 3s on the season. He was quite productive in just 19mpg. Anyway, doesn't look like it's going to happen, although I assume he'll try to hook on somewhere.

Reece did play with Hargrove.

Not a post player at all.  Does most of his scoring on drives.  Decent defender at the mid major level.

He's always had baggage and he and his father had no interest in playing anywhere near St. Louis.

billiken_roy likes this

7 hours ago, thetorch said:

Reece did play with Hargrove.

Not a post player at all.  Does most of his scoring on drives.  Decent defender at the mid major level.

He's always had baggage and he and his father had no interest in playing anywhere near St. Louis.

i saw him play a number of times in high school when he was at east st louis for his senior season.   that team indeed had hargrove on it and reece never seemed to really do much.   i was never impressed and felt old dominion was probably the right level for him.  we can do better.

trying to find another linssen is not an easy task.   i for one was very surprised for what we got with linssen.   i expected a practice player.   not the solid inside guy who appears to be a great teammate as well as a pretty good player.   i would be shocked if another player with linssen's attributes fell into our laps. 

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i saw him play a number of times in high school when he was at east st louis for his senior season.   that team indeed had hargrove on it and reece never seemed to really do much.   i was never impressed and felt old dominion was probably the right level for him.  we can do better.

trying to find another linssen is not an easy task.   i for one was very surprised for what we got with linssen.   i expected a practice player.   not the solid inside guy who appears to be a great teammate as well as a pretty good player.   i would be shocked if another player with linssen's attributes fell into our laps. 

Linssen has to be one of the most underrated pick ups in Ford’s tenure. He’s been great

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

6’9” and can shoot threes and drive. Ouch. Sounds like a player we have been looking for. That said, discipline issues are probably not worth it.

Sounds like the first big time player for Lindenwood!

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

I just took another peak at Bradford's production - not good. PPG and RPG about half of what they were his freshman season.

He and Okoro have similar per 40 averages their first 2 years. 

1000 Minutes played for both in the both of their first 2 years.           

FG%    TRB      FT      Points  Fouls

Bradford:  58%      7.1      58%       12.4      5.0

Okoro:       50%     9.6     47%        8.4       5.3

Biggest takeaway for me is Bradford has played solid minutes in the best league.  Typically that translates well to the A10 if you're a big.

Bradford has been terrible this season and I would rather see what Traore can do with more playing time.

Its all a mute point if everyone stays.

The local player that I would love to want to transfer and come home is Kalkbrenner, I like watching him play to bad for the wrong blue team.

10 hours ago, A10Ref said:

I agree… does he fit better in a billiken uniform?

Do you think Weber is toast at K-State?

I think Weber is probably finished and that could open the door for Bradford if a spot opens up.

My belief is that Bradford if he transferred to SLU would play behind Traore and I am not sure he would want to do that.

21 hours ago, CBFan said:

The local player that I would love to want to transfer and come home is Kalkbrenner, I like watching him play to bad for the wrong blue team.

Talk about a dream, at least Bradford is slightly realistic. 

18 minutes ago, CBFan said:

My belief is that Bradford if he transferred to SLU would play behind Traore and I am not sure he would want to do that.

Why do you think this?

Traore is better than what I expected out of a late signing- low recruited player.  But 90% of his minutes are in garbage time.  Bradford is averaging 12 ppg/40 min in the b12...that's well ahead of traore. 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Why do you think this?

Traore is better than what I expected out of a late signing- low recruited player.  But 90% of his minutes are in garbage time.  Bradford is averaging 12 ppg/40 min in the b12...that's well ahead of traore. 

traore is more athletic.   i.e. possesses more potential maybe?   i havent seen bradford enough or traore in top competition enough to really have a good opinion, but just throwing those possiblities of why

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

traore is more athletic.   i.e. possesses more potential maybe?   i havent seen bradford enough or traore in top competition enough to really have a good opinion, but just throwing those possiblities of why

Could be.  I could see Traore having a great senior year, but right now, and likely next year, I think Bradford is still a better player. 

After watching him play a little bit the past two seasons, I would take him on the eye test alone. Big, but fluid enough. He also would provide something different from Traore, so it would be complimentary. If Traore keeps developing and ends up shooting threes, then they could technically play together. (Traore is athletic enough to guard a small 4.)

wgstl likes this

There is a 0.0% chance that Bradford is going to come here and backup Okoro. He is a good enough player that he will understandably want significant playing time in his junior year.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Why do you think this?

When Linssen was out T got real minutes.

14 hours ago, A10Ref said:

I agree… does he fit better in a billiken uniform?

2 hours ago, NH said:

There is a 0.0% chance that Bradford is going to come here and backup Okoro. He is a good enough player that he will understandably want significant playing time in his junior year.

@A10RefI think he would fit.  But like @NHsaid...would he want to come off the bench.  If he did...I think the staff would welcome him with open arms.  Yuri would get Bradford easy buckets at the rim.