GDT: GDubya

Bills By 40

Williams has played in 11 games and is averaging 9 min per game.

8/33 from 3 - 7/23 before his 1/10 over the last 2 games so it isn’t just 2 poor games. He has 2 f/t on the year in 99 min. With 9 assists and 6 t/o’s. 

No one is giving up on him after 2 bad games. He’s been bad every time he steps on the floor

dlarry likes this

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

maybe his previous stops were a step behind our level of play?    its no secret we had a tough non conference schedule.  i.e. good teams.   and the A10 is definitely a better conference than those he was at before.    

i see him on the floor and honestly he doesnt even run the floor like a player at our level let alone his make percentage.   yep, i've given up on him.   love for him to prove me wrong and become a true gibson sidekick but i aint holding out hope.

Rashad's highest scoring games (36, 32) were against Michigan St. and Oklahoma State.  He's already proven what he can do.  I can imagine the panic that's setting in as he clanks shot after shot against the dregs of the A-10.  It's all in his head at this point.  

27 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Been a 40% 3P shooter the last two seasons before the last week or so, now some posters want to give up on him. Yikes!

I know this board has its ebbs and flows but this is a new record

Not correct ..his stats 

2018-2019 40.8 

2019-2020 32.3

2020-2021 33.9

2021-2022 24.2

4 years since he shot 40 % 

This is also a step up in competition as Roy points out . No one is Yikes just making some valid points that perhaps he is not what we thought we were getting. 

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

Rashad's highest scoring games (36, 32) were against Michigan St. and Oklahoma State.  He's already proven what he can do.  I can imagine the panic that's setting in as he clanks shot after shot against the dregs of the A-10.  It's all in his head at this point.  

You are probably right but some never get their heads straight again - ask Steve Sax

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

He may not be in the best fit for his game. He's not getting minutes to get in that rhythm and at this point he's spent so much time on the bench he's gotta be feeling the game rust. He's been so far at the end of the bench one has to wonder if maybe he's recovering from an injury?

6 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

From the GW Board:

Not a lot to say other than the fact that I look at this SLU team and become completely envious that this can't be us.  This program graduated two of its best players in Goodwin and French, and then loses its best returning scorer in Perkins before the season starts.  If ever there was a reason for a school to lick its wounds, it was this year's SLU team.  Instead, it goes out in the OOC and had the #1 ranked team in the nation on the ropes before losing. 

They have an amazing point guard who looks to score only when the opportunity is clear; otherwise, he excels at his first priority which is to get his teammates the ball in the best position for them to score.  They have a sharpshooter who knows how to slip defenses and whose teammates always seem to find him open for a three point shot.  They have a freshman who is incredibly athletic.  They have a low post player who is tenacious on the boards, and backup bigs who know how to play.  They make their free throws.  They play really hard and really smart basketball.  They are not perfect as evidenced by a much higher than desirable number of "easy" missed baskets.  And yes, they are extremely well coached.  They play with a desire, enthusiasm and aggressiveness that is set by Travis Ford and his staff.

Hard to shed too many tears losing to a team that we're not nearly as good as.

I believe this was written by Ryan puleo 

Just now, BIG BILL FAN said:

it's a random poster......not all are as rational, and level headed as the members on this board...

https://gwhoops.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1213&p=6

gwmayhem is a dead giveaway it's Puleo. He's a dweeby troll on twitter, he's annoying and I've had a rough 2 weeks, so I'm going to talk sh!t on said dweeby troll.

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

gwmayhem is a dead giveaway it's Puleo. He's a dweeby troll on twitter, he's annoying and I've had a rough 2 weeks, so I'm going to talk sh!t on said dweeby troll.

whoever it is, complimented our team.....I don't understand the angst......unless of course he's a Trump supporter or one of those evil unvaccinated terrorists...

almaman and BILLS324 like this

7 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

whoever it is, complimented our team.....I don't understand the angst......unless of course he's a Trump supporter or one of those evil unvaccinated terrorists...

I truly don't understand this board's desire to torpedo every thread with COVID talk.

AGB91 likes this

18 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

it's a random poster......not all are as rational, and level headed as the members on this board...

https://gwhoops.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1213&p=6

The one guy with the long pregame assessment has Travis Ford playing for Mizzou in the big East lol

32 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

no way its actually him.. just thought it was funny given how much he talks about slu, and the username of that post.

35 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

I truly don't understand this board's desire to torpedo every thread with COVID talk.

The same 4-5 people start it every time. Put them on ignore (except to hit options - show this post and give them a troll rating from time to time).

As for Williams, I don't get the anxiety over him. He's a volume shooter, period. He needs minutes to show his value. He's starting to get more and I don't mind him going 0-3 or 1-4 until he starts clicking. If he figures it out, he could be a valuable piece down the stretch. If not, we were never really depending on him for major production (admittedly, Perkins going down changed the math a bit, but still).

We need some combination of Hargrove to get back on track, Williams finding his shot, Nesbitt taking a step, Collins finding some of the 3-pointer he flashed for a while this season, or Jones to start shooting more. We're going to run into good defenses again soon and they're going to try to take away the 3-point line from Jimerson. He's still going to score, as he's demonstrated, but we need other guys to be legit threats from the perimeter or teams can just pack it in against us like they did when the offense ran through Goodwin and French.

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

As for Williams, I don't get the anxiety over him. He's a volume shooter, period. He needs minutes to show his value. He's starting to get more and I don't mind him going 0-3 or 1-4 until he starts clicking. If he figures it out, he could be a valuable piece down the stretch. If not, we were never really depending on him for major production (admittedly, Perkins going down changed the math a bit, but still).

to me, its where do you draw the line.  I agree it'll take some time before he finds the shot. But for how long can SLU afford to let him go shoot a bunch under 25% + bad defense.  We're entering a part of the season I wish we sorta had this figured out.