GDT: GDubya

Bills By 40

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We have two practice games left to right the ship before things get tricky. 

We have 4 games after tonight against PIG teams, and another two that are against Richmond and Rhode Island - Richmond we proved to be nothing special, and Rhode Island has not looked good. I like our chances to win all 6 of those even though five of them are on the road. If we win all six of those and go .500 @ Mason/vs Dayton/vs & @ Bonnies/@ Davidson/vs VCU then we're sitting at 12-5 in conference play and that's a pretty comfortable spot. Realistically I think we go above .500 in those tougher games, and beating Davidson on the road would put us back in fringe at-large territory. 

Or, fock 'em, let's win em all

11 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

We have 4 games after tonight against PIG teams, and another two that are against Richmond and Rhode Island - Richmond we proved to be nothing special, and Rhode Island has not looked good. I like our chances to win all 6 of those even though five of them are on the road. If we win all six of those and go .500 @ Mason/vs Dayton/vs & @ Bonnies/@ Davidson/vs VCU then we're sitting at 12-5 in conference play and that's a pretty comfortable spot. Realistically I think we go above .500 in those tougher games, and beating Davidson on the road would put us back in fringe at-large territory. 

Or, fock 'em, let's win em all

Both times we play La Salle its wedged between two massive games, Not ideal for practice time.  The Joeys can battle, not saying im worried about them. 

As right now I see the remaining playing out as:

GW - W

Dukes - W

GMU -L

UD - W

La salle - W

Bonnies - W

Bonnies L

La salle - W

Davidson - L

Joeys - W

Richmond - W

RI - W

VCU - W

If we beat @ GMU, I think I may change the @Bonnies to a W 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Both times we play La Salle its wedged between two massive games, Not ideal for practice time.  The Joeys can battle, not saying im worried about them. 

As right now I see the remaining playing out as:

GW - W

Dukes - W

GMU -L

UD - W

La salle - W

Bonnies - W

Bonnies L

La salle - W

Davidson - L

Joeys - W

Richmond - W

RI - W

VCU - W

If we beat @ GMU, I think I may change the @Bonnies to a W 

Not that this team is tied into history before they showed up at SLU, but since 2016 we are 2-4 at Gola.  Most vividly though, most of this team will remember last season's 82-75 loss at Gola, second game back after the Pause. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.  But the game is still listed as an L with no asterisk.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Not that this team is tied into history before they showed up at SLU, but since 2016 we are 2-4 at Gola.  Most vividly though, most of this team will remember last season's 82-75 loss at Gola, second game back after the Pause. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.  But the game is still listed as an L with no asterisk.

Year before that was the walk ons game winning layup? 

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

La Salle’s play by play guy yelling “Pow!” after every three they made still haunts me

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Anyone know the status on Ricky Lindo?  All I can find on Twitter is game time decision.  Will probably depend on if I bet -17.5 or not

On his Monday Coach’s show he said both Lindo and Brown would play. We’ll find out in 35 minutes. 

Davidson and Bonaventure are same team —— five deep, decent big man, decent point guard, decent coaches.  And each is one major injury away from calamity.  Davidson has better shooters; the Bonnie’s are more physical.