ROLL CALL FOR A10 TOURNAMENT

my wife and i were going to go but DC is on high chinese flu virus.   i refuse to comply with the virus nonsense.   so we are heading to savannah to just relax for the 9th - 10th.   

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

my wife and i were going to go but DC is on high chinese flu virus.   i refuse to comply with the virus nonsense.   so we are heading to savannah to just relax for the 9th - 10th.   

If you see any Asian people there…don’t even need to be Chinese…make sure you have them apologize for the virus. BTW…the current virus is from South Africa…do you have any pithy names for it?

HoosierPal likes this

17 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

If you see any Asian people there…don’t even need to be Chinese…make sure you have them apologize for the virus. BTW…the current virus is from South Africa…do you have any pithy names for it?

The current variant of the virus was discovered in South Africa, not from there.

South Africa has some of the most plentiful and advanced viral research labs in the world. Better than the US in fact.

Please don't spread disinformation.

13 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Who is in?  It's March 9-13 in Washington, D.C.

Im waiting on either we play better, or make it to the finals. If one of those , I will.  really wish it was in NY, not a fan of DC

54 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

I apologize to Roy and the board. I should not react publicly that way. Roy is one of my favorite posters. I am very sorry Roy. 

nothing to worry about.   i bring it on myself.   i know it.  thanks for the kind words though.  

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Roy, try to go visit Paula Deen's restaurant (butter is better). Savannah is very nice.

it's on our list but a few other restaurants are ahead of it.   pink house, mrs wilkes, joes at jepson to name a few.   staying at the marshall house which is said to be haunted.  that might be exciting.  

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Im waiting on either we play better, or make it to the finals. If one of those , I will.  really wish it was in NY, not a fan of DC

WHAAAA? DC is incredibly underrated. One of the top culinary cities in the country, top notch museums (many of them free), and great bars (tons of cigar bars too if that's your thing). You can easily fill an entire weekend in DC without doing any of the political BS.

35 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

it's on our list but a few other restaurants are ahead of it.   pink house, mrs wilkes, joes at jepson to name a few.   staying at the marshall house which is said to be haunted.  that might be exciting.  

The Grey and Husk. Grab an adult beverage at Peregin (rooftop bar at Perry Lane Hotel). JW Marriott riverfront setup is great too. A few outdoor bars and live music.

Lol Paula Deens...you're a cute kid, Old Guy.

majerus mojo likes this

8 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

WHAAAA? DC is incredibly underrated. One of the top culinary cities in the country, top notch museums (many of them free), and great bars (tons of cigar bars too if that's your thing). You can easily fill an entire weekend in DC without doing any of the political BS.

The Grey and Husk. Grab an adult beverage at Peregin (rooftop bar at Perry Lane Hotel). JW Marriott riverfront set up is great too. A few outdoor bars and live music.

Lol Paula Deens...

been there twice now, went 3 years ago for a concert, not a big fan. I wouldn't put it in my top 15. 

I'm not one to go to a museum, and Food options are not a big factor.  Bars are my specialty when rating cities, DC nightlife was on par to STL.  

29 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

On one of our trips to Savannah we did a walking haunted bar tour that was a lot of fun. We also like Charleston too which is know as Savannah on steroids.

47 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

The Grey and Husk. Grab an adult beverage at Peregin (rooftop bar at Perry Lane Hotel). JW Marriott riverfront setup is great too. A few outdoor bars and live music.

Lol Paula Deens...you're a cute kid, Old Guy.

my wife said she had a friend suggest the grey.   will have to add it to the list with 2 referrals now.   amazing how so many people i have talked to since cancelling our D.C. trip for the tourney and switched to savannah are so excited about our going to savannah and suggesting things to do, places to eat and drink.   obviously savannah is going to be a nice little trip based on all the input we am getting from people.

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

The time I went to Savannah I was attending an industry meeting. We stayed across the river in one of the big hotels there. We had to cross the river (free ferry) whenever we wanted to explore the old city. The area of the  old city where the ferry docked was a flat docks area much below the level of the city itself, the old city was built upon some bluffs. The docks area was for commerce, it was ancient and very interesting to walk through. Perhaps you might be interested in exploring this part of the city, there are long staircases to access this area from the city above. I liked it a lot. I remember going to a number of the restaurants, I think the pink house may have been one of them, but I cannot remember their names other than Paula Deens. By the way Paula Deens had restricted hours of operation at that time (around 2007).

Ms. BAB and yours truly just met “in executive session” and are planning to be in DC for the A10 Tourney, perhaps coupled with a trip to the Jupiter, Florida Area on the way back.

Hopefully we’ll see the Billikens win the A10’s auto bid and Cardinals Spring Training, lockout ending willing, on the same East Coast trip.

Our friends’ daughter’s wedding is in Santa Barbara on 3/19, with meet and greet on the evening of 3/18. So after the Billikens win the A10, here’s hoping the NCAA assigns them to San Diego.

12 hours ago, thetorch said:

The current variant of the virus was discovered in South Africa, not from there.

South Africa has some of the most plentiful and advanced viral research labs in the world. Better than the US in fact.

Please don't spread disinformation.

This is true.  It is a result of their response to being ravaged by AIDS.

6 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Ms. BAB and yours truly just met “in executive session” and are planning to be in DC for the A10 Tourney, perhaps coupled with a trip to the Jupiter, Florida Area on the way back.

Hopefully we’ll see the Billikens win the A10’s auto bid and Cardinals Spring Training, lockout ending willing, on the same East Coast trip.

Our friends’ daughter’s wedding is in Santa Barbara on 3/19, with meet and greet on the evening of 3/18. So after the Billikens win the A10, here’s hoping the NCAA assigns them to San Diego.

I hope this elaborate plan of events works out and you wind up watching a San Diego NCAA SLU game.