Midtown Madness: S2E21 MBB Drops Shocker @ UMass; Get Revenge at Home; WBB Wins OT Thriller vs Bona,

Podcast

40 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

Good episode today! Cool to hear the coverage of chess too. Thanks for the hard work and updates on all things slu. 

Thank you! We should've thought to give you a shout-out as a Baby Race parent participant but this year's storyline was kinda dominated by another baby. You don't really need to talk about the other horses when you've seen Secretariat race.

Hey guys. It’s great that you guys are SLU fans, and, that you try to consolidate information you take from others elsewhere into one place for some SLU fans. We’re all here to enjoy SLU. That’s great. Just reference the places. Pretty simple.

As long as you guys are going to post here, it’s going to get pointed out to me when you take information from here and post or discuss it elsewhere without referencing this board. Again, I don’t care to be singled out. Just reference the name of this website on your podcast or twitter or wherever when you do that. Seems pretty easy.

In your podcast here, you briefly referenced a Stu Durando article. (nice job referencing Stu) These names in your tweet below weren’t in Stu’s piece. You went on to say you weren’t going to mention those names until this Summer. Their names have been, however mentioned here, including a few, only after this particular podcast was made. Then the very next day after they were mentioned here, all of these names were mentioned in your tweet. (not Summer) without referencing the name of this board, where you obtained that information. (You see, I have a very specific connection to one of these recruits. So I’m pretty aware when they committed) And, It’s an even bigger deal ethically when people are good enough to take the time to volunteer some information for the board here.

I wonder why you didn’t also mention Sam Rowan transferring to Belmont, or Nick Faddis to Southern Indiana. (I haven’t mentioned that yet here). 

It isn’t all that difficult to avoid conflict, or to not be known as Plagiarism Pete or Xerox Zac. You guys are choosing to post here, where everyone is an equal participant. I’m sure it will keep getting pointed out to me. I’m happy to give you information for your outside project when I have it on any SLU topic. All you would need to do in return is reference that it came from Billikens Dot Com on your podcast and twitter. (again, I don’t care to be singled out, as I am just one poster here.) I think that’s the least you guys could do for Steve and some of the other posters here.) I don’t think it’s a challenging thing to clean up and resolve. But that’s up to you guys. If you’d like to discuss it elsewhere that’s fine too. I get approached for private conversations here, but I don’t believe I have ever received any from either of you guys since I joined the board. Happy to do that too.

Seems a bit strange the name of this board rarely gets mentioned on your podcast or twitter, considering how often you guys visit here on a daily basis promoting your outside project, sometimes posting in the same threads where you are getting some of your information. (Again, it’s great that you guys are SLU fans) Good luck.

37 minutes ago, courtside said:

Hey guys. It’s great that you guys are SLU fans, and, that you try to consolidate information you take from others elsewhere into one place for some SLU fans. We’re all here to enjoy SLU. That’s great. Just reference the places. Pretty simple.

As long as you guys are going to post here, it’s going to get pointed out to me when you take information from here and post or discuss it elsewhere without referencing this board. Again, I don’t care to be singled out. Just reference the name of this website on your podcast or twitter or wherever when you do that. Seems pretty easy.

In your podcast here, you briefly referenced a Stu Durando article. (nice job referencing Stu) These names in your tweet below weren’t in Stu’s piece. You went on to say you weren’t going to mention those names until this Summer. Their names have been, however mentioned here, including a few, only after this particular podcast was made. Then the very next day after they were mentioned here, all of these names were mentioned in your tweet. (not Summer) without referencing the name of this board, where you obtained that information. (You see, I have a very specific connection to one of these recruits. So I’m pretty aware when they committed) And, It’s an even bigger deal ethically when people are good enough to take the time to volunteer some information for the board here.

I wonder why you didn’t also mention Sam Rowan transferring to Belmont, or Nick Faddis to Southern Indiana. (I haven’t mentioned that yet here). 

It isn’t all that difficult to avoid conflict, or to not be known as Plagiarism Pete or Xerox Zac. You guys are choosing to post here, where everyone is an equal participant. I’m sure it will keep getting pointed out to me. I’m happy to give you information for your outside project when I have it on any SLU topic. All you would need to do in return is reference that it came from Billikens Dot Com on your podcast and twitter. (again, I don’t care to be singled out, as I am just one poster here.) I think that’s the least you guys could do for Steve and some of the other posters here.) I don’t think it’s a challenging thing to clean up and resolve. But that’s up to you guys. If you’d like to discuss it elsewhere that’s fine too. I get approached for private conversations here, but I don’t believe I have ever received any from either of you guys since I joined the board. Happy to do that too.

Seems a bit strange the name of this board rarely gets mentioned on your podcast or twitter, considering how often you guys visit here on a daily basis promoting your outside project, sometimes posting in the same threads where you are getting some of your information. (Again, it’s great that you guys are SLU fans) Good luck.

You are delusional. 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:00 AM, Podcast said:

MBB Home & Home vs UMass Review

WBB Bonaventure and Duquesne Reviews

Men's Soccer Post Draft Update

Track & Field Update

Swimming/Diving Update

Tennis Update

Chess!

View the full article

Marionette Midtown Madness Podcast, Puppet Pete and Zooperstar Zac (the Zooperstars are sort of like puppets, look it up) peddling chess to us at the behest of Rex Sinquefield...

Alright here's are the facts:

Pete has had Courtside on ignore since he initially decided to erroneously claim that his posts were being stolen. Peter has not read a single post by Courtside since.

Zac does not read posts and only once in a blue moon writes posts longer than a single 5 sentence paragraph. Terrible ADHD and extreme laziness.

Zac does not read, research or post about recruiting information to twitter, it's just not his thing.

All of what we tweeted out from our twitter account can be found on the internet and TopDrawerSoccer. Peter has done obsessively extensive research when it comes to men's basketball and to assume he wouldn't do the same for soccer means you're just not paying attention.

We most assuredly covered Sam Rowan transferring to Belmont. Why might you ask? Because Sam Rowan is a distant cousin via marriage to Zac and we spoke with his best friend Patrick Schulte directly about how Sam was hoping Schulte would get drafted by Nashville.

Neither Zac nor Peter would know Nick Faddis if he punched us both in the nose. No disrespect to Nick, I just can't remember him entering a game.

Courtside's attacks at Peter and Zac are either a product of him being innocently mistaken or just plain defamatory.

9 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

Alright here's are the facts:

Pete has had Courtside on ignore since he initially decided to erroneously claim that his posts were being stolen. Peter has not read a single post by Courtside since.

Zac does not read posts and only once in a blue moon writes posts longer than a single 5 sentence paragraph. Terrible ADHD and extreme laziness.

Zac does not read, research or post about recruiting information to twitter, it's just not his thing.

All of what we tweeted out from our twitter account can be found on the internet and TopDrawerSoccer. Peter has done obsessively extensive research when it comes to men's basketball and to assume he wouldn't do the same for soccer means you're just not paying attention.

We most assuredly covered Sam Rowan transferring to Belmont. Why might you ask? Because Sam Rowan is a distant cousin via marriage to Zac and we spoke with his best friend Patrick Schulte directly about how Sam was hoping Schulte would get drafted by Nashville.

Neither Zac nor Peter would know Nick Faddis if he punched us both in the nose. No disrespect to Nick, I just can't remember him entering a game.

Courtside's attacks at Peter and Zac are either a product of him being innocently mistaken or just plain defamatory.

All fax.

Receipt: https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-soccer-details/men/saint-louis/clgid-349/tab-commitments#sectionblock

56 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yes, Top Drawer Soccer lists some  (not all) committed soccer players after they commit. And? Do you have a past date for that list? Separately, you also didn’t reference TDS in your tweet. 

You also said in your podcast that you wouldn’t be naming the committed players until the Summer. Then the day after they are posted here, you post them on Twitter. Pretty amazing coincidence.

And still no explanation as to not referencing this board by name elsewhere, when you participate daily here. 

Again, I’ve offered to help you out. Just reference the board name. Good luck.

15 minutes ago, courtside said:

Yes, Top Drawer Soccer lists some committed soccer players after they commit. And? Do you have a past date for that list? Separately, you also didn’t reference TDS in your tweet. 

You also said in your podcast that you wouldn’t be naming the committed players until the Summer. Then the day after they are posted here, you post them on Twitter. Pretty amazing coincidence.

And still no explanation as to not referencing this board by name elsewhere, when you participate daily here. 

Again, I’ve offered to help you out. Just reference the board name. Good luck.

Ask for your help? I'm leaning towards a restraining order to be honest.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

This is literally what I see in soccer threads:

vHlxnf1.jpeg

Same.

The ignore feature is truly a gift.

Courtside is the worst regular poster on this board. That's quite a feat considering oldguy posts here as well. I think less of the posters who stan him in the soccer threads.

slufan13 likes this