GDT UMass part 2

Old guy

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

So much fun to consider Gibson and JNezz are freshmen and Yuri a Soph.   This time 1 year ago Gibson was barely in the rotation.    He had the equivalent of a Conklin summer to improve many aspects of his game

+1 good point!

5 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

TJ has lost his shot; 3s & fits - he needs to plant his feet & take a short breath & he’ll be fine 

Maybe his head wasn't quite in the right place today (see tweet below from his dad), but honestly though his effort was great & he was good on defense.  I think he just kinda lost confidence in his shot after missing so many 3s early & then airballing that one that he was wide open on.

bauman and Major Majerus like this

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Maybe his head wasn't quite in the right place today (see tweet below from his dad), but honestly though his effort was great & he was good on defense.  I think he just kinda lost confidence in his shot after missing so many 3s early & then airballing that one that he was wide open on.

Yikes 

14 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Victory! 
We were there. It was great to see Adman and billiken_roy.

Jimerson was on fire, 31 points, and Nesbitt had 17 and 12 rebounds.

I love the 3’s and I love the sky walkers slam dunking!

I think Bay needs to be at all the games here forward.   At least till we lose again.

Bay Area Billiken and Adman like this

Jesus Mary and Joseph. TJ hasn’t regressed, he just hasn’t progressed in the ways we expected him. We projected him as a put the ball on the floor and use his athleticism to get to the basket type. He hasn’t developed that way. Instead he’s become a really nice outside shooter. I don’t think his shot is being utilized enough. I want more plays run for him to get open 3 looks.
We don’t have 5 star players that are going to consistently perform at their potential and we watch them like hawks so we see every little change throughout the season. 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph. TJ hasn’t regressed, he just hasn’t progressed in the ways we expected him. We projected him as a put the ball on the floor and use his athleticism to get to the basket type. He hasn’t developed that way. Instead he’s become a really nice outside shooter. I don’t think his shot is being utilized enough. I want more plays run for him to get open 3 looks.
We don’t have 5 star players that are going to consistently perform at their potential and we watch them like hawks so we see every little change throughout the season. 

TJ has double his ppg, more than tripled his rpg and heading into today was shooting 40% from 3.  He can be streaky at times and just had a bad game offensively.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph - if you don't improve then you have basically regressed given that the expectations are that a player should grow their game and if they don't then they find themselves sitting.  Being more consistent is what comes with experience and he has had enough time to show that.  As far as his shooting - it has not been anyway close to being really nice.  If he starts connecting consistent, then we can say something nice about his shot.  Clearly his family is getting frustrated and they are blaming the coach but they really need to look at TJ.  He came out of high school with enough credits to think he would be farther along by now.  I wish him nothing but good play because everyone profits that way.

billiken_roy and bauman like this