GDT: Umass (pt. 1)

A10Ref

5 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

2019- NCAA Tourney

2020 - NCAA Tourney if not for COVID pause

2021 - Lost Goodwin, French, and Perkins and will probably make the NIT

Next year we return practically everyone and potentially add Perkins back. 

Seems to me like an overreaction to what most people expected to be a rebuilding year

Very good points. 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Needed more charter flights. Got it

Needed new locker rooms. Got it

Needed a champions center. Got it

Eventually dont you have to start winning some big games? Esp in year 6? Ok State had all the bells and whistles, more than slu will ever have...just saying gotta start producing for real sooner or later. 

Im still on board and think Ford can do it, hopefully very soon. 

Not wrong. Good points - everything is there for him to turn the corner. I think he’s got til end of next season to prove he can before the ice thins. I have faith but a few of these losses over the last year have stung a lot. 

johnbj14 and NoCoBillsFan like this

2 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Not wrong. Good points - everything is there for him to turn the corner. I think he’s got til end of next season to prove he can before the ice thins. I have faith but a few of these losses over the last year have stung a lot. 

I agree. Under normal circumstances that would be the senior year for Yuri, TJ, and Gibson. Nesbitt will have an extra year of experience. Okoro will be a senior. Javonte likely to be back. It’ll be do or die imo

28 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Am I the only one that didn’t mind the shots he took? That’s his game. They weren’t even that bad of shots imo

I didn’t mind the shots at all.  It’s better than yuri just driving into traffic and making dumb passes to traore 

23 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Defense! If you don’t play it you can’t win.  Nothing else about this game matters. Bad shots, turnovers, missed layups…..don’t matter. When you give up 91 points you lose.

Felt like I was watching Groundhog Day in the 2nd half with Fernandes driving to the basket EVERY POSSESSION. 

Ned!? Ned Ryerson!?

33 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Needed more charter flights. Got it

Needed new locker rooms. Got it

Needed a champions center. Got it

Eventually dont you have to start winning some big games? Esp in year 6? Ok State had all the bells and whistles, more than slu will ever have...just saying gotta start producing for real sooner or later. 

Im still on board and think Ford can do it, hopefully very soon. 

Good post here, the guy can recruit but can he coach? Not sure…

His seat is definitely starting to get warm.

2 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

I can wait. All that matters is being ready when conference tourney gets here. It was always going to be Auto bid or bust with this team.

True.  We're just as likely to lose our first game in the A10 tournament as we are to run the table.  Hoping for the latter!

6 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

I can wait. All that matters is being ready when conference tourney gets here. It was always going to be Auto bid or bust with this team.

Prob is it wasn’t just auto bid(until tonight). It was uphill but we had several chances coming up to get there 

Very skeptical Travis’ seat is remotely close to warm in the eyes of the university. This season has been tough to stomach at points, but it would be incredibly ruthless by the AD to pull the plug this season or next after how hard the program (and Travis personally) was hit by the death of Ford Stuen and best player went down. 

4 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Good post here, the guy can recruit but can he coach? Not sure…

His seat is definitely starting to get warm.

He can recruit but is he recruiting the right guys?

Can he develop talent?

I have a hard time finding guys on this team who would be getting big minutes on a top 25 team.

If Perkins doesn’t go down we aren’t having this conversation but I think im guilty of overestimating the actual talent level on this team. 

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Prob is it wasn’t just auto bid(until tonight). It was uphill but we had several chances coming up to get there 

It’s been auto bid since we let Auburn slip away.  We’re 2-5 against Q1 and Q2.  We’ve been on the bubble in the past and know how it shakes out 

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

It’s been auto bid since we let Auburn slip away.  We’re 2-5 against Q1 and Q2.  We’ve been on the bubble in the past and know how it shakes out 

I don’t think the past indicates what tonight means to this season. Has we won tonight and the next 3, we’d be looking good for March 

32 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

This. Start peaking in late Feb and win the tourney. Don’t lose any sleep until then. 

The full box score for this game is available now. The number of FT attempts for each half is interesting, as far as I am concerned. In the first half SLU had 6  FT attempts vs Umass with 8  FTA attempts, no problem here. However, in the  second half SLU had 14 FTA attempts vs UMass 25 FT Attempts. It appears that the refs called a significantly large number of fouls on SLU in the second half, many more than the number of fouls they called on UMass.

In the second half Umass made 25 FT points vs 13 FT points made by SLU. That was the game right there.