GDT: Umass (pt. 1)

A10Ref

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, billikenblue said:

Travis went off on the players post-game  that they have to make plays "at this level" ie D1. Let me say that someone is being paid 2 5 million to coach "at this level" 

Ford's behavior post-game has been weird this year. Guy has been through a lot but his emotions are controlling him. Never seen a coach take less blame in any sport.

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

If you can find humor in a loss it's definitely Williams coming in and absolutely chucking tonight. I truly enjoyed it. 

Am I the only one that didn’t mind the shots he took? That’s his game. They weren’t even that bad of shots imo

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

If you can find humor in a loss it's definitely Williams coming in and absolutely chucking tonight. I truly enjoyed it. 

LOL. Reminds me of
INGVI GUDMUNDSSON jacking it up from 45 feet.  Sorry about ALL CAPS it was cut and paste from old roster

This is a middle of the pack A10 team. With Perkins out for year and Linssen out or very limited, two of their projected top five/six are out. We have some depth but not enough to be more than a middling, inconsistent team.

If Linssen comes back to full, maybe we make a run. Otherwise… we don’t have the horses.

dlarry likes this

9 minutes ago, MichaelC said:

He's just not quite ready yet, if Perkins was healthy he would be coming off the bench.

I’m not blaming him per say, just answering to why a lot of people are wondering why he’s not in during the final few minutes, In several games now. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You blame the refs every game we lose. Ain’t the case. The better team won tonight.  

Just his opinion relax.

A10ref is a good fan and poster.

1 minute ago, Billy Ken said:

This is year 6, headed towards another middle of the pack finish in A10...stumbled into 1 NCAA. Ranked #69 in AP, before tonights game. Rinse and repeat. 

2019- NCAA Tourney

2020 - NCAA Tourney if not for COVID pause

2021 - Lost Goodwin, French, and Perkins and will probably make the NIT

Next year we return practically everyone and potentially add Perkins back. 

Seems to me like an overreaction to what most people expected to be a rebuilding year

AlumniFan and cgeldmacher like this

1 minute ago, Billy Ken said:

This is year 6, headed towards another middle of the pack finish in A10...stumbled into 1 NCAA. Ranked #69 in AP, before tonights game. Rinse and repeat. 

3 of those 6 years were met with ridiculous outcomes, or torn ACLS. 

im losing hope in ford, but he has been dealt a very, very, unfortunate hand 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I’m not blaming him per say, just answering to why a lot of people are wondering why he’s not in during the final few minutes, In several games now. 

He made huge shots late in the Richmond, Iona and Auburn games. If he’s sitting for offensive reasons, then I think that’s pretty silly.

4 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

This team is putting together a similar season to the one that “stumbled” into the NCAA. Would anyone be upset if we “stumbled” into another one this year?

7 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Ford's behavior post-game has been weird this year. Guy has been through a lot but his emotions are controlling him. Never seen a coach take less blame in any sport.

Needed more charter flights. Got it

Needed new locker rooms. Got it

Needed a champions center. Got it

Eventually dont you have to start winning some big games? Esp in year 6? Ok State had all the bells and whistles, more than slu will ever have...just saying gotta start producing for real sooner or later. 

Im still on board and think Ford can do it, hopefully very soon. 

brianstl and GoSluBills like this