Traore's Story, an excellent read from Scoops

HoosierPal

this might be chapley's greatest contribution to the billiken fandom to this point.   great great article.  really enjoyed reading.

i have always been positive about Traore, but this takes it up a notch, i am excited about this kids future.  

especially great to hear giacolleti is the recruiter.   for the guy with the x's and o's only rep, it is good to hear he uncovered this emerging talent. 

basil it is!

Great story. Traore was a bit of a mystery man when we signed him, so this fills in a lot of blanks. Easy to root for this kid and very impressive that he only started playing 5 years ago.

His defense and rebounding against Ohams last game was outstanding. With his athletic ability and work ethic, I'm excited about his upside.

billiken_roy and drkelsey55 like this

Hakeem Olajuwon also started out as a soccer player and didn’t pick up basketball until he was 15. He attributes his all-time great footwork to his years as a soccer player. Not saying Basile will turn into a top 10 player of all time but he definitely has some serious potential to be great

Just now, NoCoBillsFan said:

Hakeem Olajuwon also started out as a soccer player and didn’t pick up basketball until he was 15. He attributes his all-time great footwork to his years as a soccer player. Not saying Basile will turn into a top 10 player of all time but he definitely has some serious potential to be great

Remember his coach Lewis standing on a stepladder showing Olajuwon how to slam it through the net.

Great read. This guy sounds like someone you’d enjoy having dinner with. I’ve been impressed by his composure in the minutes he’s played. He doesn’t look lost or uncertain out there. Seems he needs to work on his strength and certain skills. 

1 hour ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I'm pretty sure he was a keeper

Traore’s story also reminds me of the scene in Airplane where Striker is reminiscing about his Peace Corps work in Africa when he had the people he was working with take up basketball.