GDT: Ram Tough

Taj79

I was going to say yesterday's weather was a factor as well. People generally will sacrifice trips to the mall, markets, et al when the weather sucks. That said, a lot of UD fans made the 4 hr trek to Pitt to watch their game. SVU probably has one of the most dedicated fan bases in all of college hoops. They travel well and every home game is a sellout. If the Beast expands we'd better hope it's going to add 3 teams, because UD is going to have an awfully good case for why they should be the number 1 choice. And I don't think X can roadblock them. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Those seats were added at the beginning of the season.  I was told by the data keepers that they were moved to in front of the band - they hate it - because Rex Singfeld (?) bought all those seats so they had to find a place for more VIP seating.

Those seats were added at the start of conference play.

31 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i believe that was the point i made, you said henryb not going was anecdotal, i suppose the reason you did not go is anecdotal and i should not accept your comment as evidence as to why you did not go that it being anecdotal and no random questioning was done

My comment was specific to the comment about the vaccine and negative test mandate being the reason.  Apparently you have another agenda and I choose not to play games with you.

Just FYI Omicron spike estimated to be over March 2022

-TheA_Bomb

MS Biosecurity SLU

A10 tourney tix are going to be cheap.  I may have to finagle a work trip to DC.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

My comment was specific to the comment about the vaccine and negative test mandate being the reason.  Apparently you have another agenda and I choose not to play games with you.

i disagree cheeseman and you are not good at playing so i dont want to play with you anyway

1 hour ago, Billfan7 said:

The funny thing about yesterday was that the courtside seats were mostly full for the first time all year - even Chaifetz graced us with his and his son's presence.  They were so full that they added a new half section (at least new to me) of courtside seats to the left of the basket on the end where the bills sit behind the dance team cheer squad

Speaking of not just court side seats but lower level seats in general. It looks very bad in TV, especially behind the TV crew. SLU should put a rule in place that allows those seats to be filled after a certain amount of time with the caveat that you have to move if the ticket holder shows up

7 minutes ago, Speyburn said:

Those seats were added at the start of conference play.

All I know is that a friend of mine worked at that table and it is a just few rows away from where I sit.  I always talked to him before games and I did not see him there at any of the games so far.  When he told me about them being moved he did not say when that happened but when I did see him sort of my accident a few games ago and asked why they were moved he told what I posted.  Now maybe I should have inquired more but it really wasn't that big of a deal to me.  

4 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Evidence? - not antidotal.

Uh, I know whether I went to a game and why I didn’t, so that’s a fact. I’ve had season tickets for 36 years, and have given them up because of the insane mandate, which is protecting no one... we normally would spend on average about $160 per game with tickets, parking and concessions. I would have respect for the decision makers if there was even an ounce of common sense and integrity with their reasoning... an 11 year old can attend, but a 12 year old can’t without proof of vaccination. The same, safety first clowns, will tell you that you have to wear a mask unless you have an overpriced beverage in your hand. If it’s truly dangerous then don’t sell concessions and enforce the mask requirements, but they’re  not going to do that, because they really don’t give a damn... let’s just make sure we go after those evil unvaccinated people....I also had to laugh at how these compassionate, caring people encouraged and promoted unvaccinated babies to come to their building for the annual race....yeah, they are really concerned....

AlumniFan and AGB91 like this

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Just out of curiosity, I checked the attendance for the last home game we had against Fordham prior to the pandemic.  It was 6842.  So the COVID phobia factor is about 35%.  Now that I think about the attendance for other sporting events around town, other than the Blues, that sounds about right.

the three kinds of liars: 1) liars; 2) g-d liars 3) people who quote statistics. 

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Uh, I know whether I went to a game and why I didn’t, so that’s a fact. I’ve had season tickets for 36 years, and have given them up because of the insane mandate, which is protecting no one... we normally would spend on average about $160 per game with tickets, parking and concessions. I would have respect for the decision makers if there was even an ounce of common sense and integrity with their reasoning... an 11 year old can attend, but a 12 year old can’t without proof of vaccination. The same, safety first clowns, will tell you that you have to wear a mask unless you have an overpriced beverage in your hand. If it’s truly dangerous then don’t sell concessions and enforce the mask requirements, but they’re  not going to do that, because they really don’t give a damn... let’s just make sure we go after those evil unvaccinated people....I also had to laugh at how these compassionate, caring people encouraged and promoted unvaccinated babies to come to their building for the annual race....yeah, they are really concerned....

OK.  So let’s get back to something important now that you bring it up.  Who won the baby race yesterday?  Was it a child or grandchild of a MBM?

2 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

OK.  So let’s get back to something important now that you bring it up.  Who won the baby race yesterday?  Was it a child or grandchild of a MBM?

Baby race is next Sunday.

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

The game that was telling to me was the Auburn game, attendance was 8,000, most thought it would be a sellout of 10,600. The effect is real whether some want to admit it or not...

We had lost 2 of 3 going into that game. I’ve heard a decent amount of ppl say they haven’t gone to a game with the new protocols, and I’ve heard about the same amount say they weren’t going to games bc there wasn’t a forced vaccine entry.  I’m willing to be it’s pretty close to even. 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We had lost 2 of 3 going into that game. I’ve heard a decent amount of ppl say they haven’t gone to a game with the new protocols, and I’ve heard about the same amount say they weren’t going to games bc there wasn’t a forced vaccine entry.  I’m willing to be it’s pretty close to even. 

You’re just in denial... 25% of the population is not vaccinated, it has to hurt attendance.. can’t understand how anyone could argue otherwise...

7 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You’re just in denial... 25% of the population is not vaccinated, it has to hurt attendance.. can’t understand how anyone could argue otherwise...

I think they're saying both hurt. I don't think they're disagreeing with you

9 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

it would answer the question if slu would let us know how many ticket holders asked for their money back, not likely to happen

11 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

denial? What? Lol.  You sorta just answered this convo for me. You’re saying 1/4 is not vaxxed, so only a quarter of ppl are not going to be happy with the requirements to watch SLU. Are you aware that’s there’s also a large bunch( SLUs crowd as an older crowd) who don’t want to be around ppl who are not vaxxed?

RUBillsFan likes this