GDT: Ram Tough

Taj79

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Who wasn’t dressed?  Who has had underlying health issues?  I don’t know anything but Thatch and COVID make me jumpy.

Dang I hate that you even put that in my head 

8 minutes ago, bauman said:

Carter, instead of repeating what has already been reported, can you find out the information?

I haven’t seen this reported anywhere besides this tweet and this board.

Im sure the fans who do not read Billikens.com or did not hear the post game interview appreciate the information.

NoCoBillsFan likes this

19 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Who wasn’t dressed?  Who has had underlying health issues?  I don’t know anything but Thatch and COVID make me jumpy.

Thatch and Linssen were not dressed or on the bench because of COVID.

When the game was really bad in the first half Thatch I believe would have made a difference.

Ford talked about it in the post game interview then dropped that the team was upset about something and he thought it effected the teams play.

I guess we will all find out when the time comes.

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

So did SLU get some kind of a pay off for letting him out of the contract?  I remember when he was hired but I never really knew he actually signed the contract.

31 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Ford said it isn’t COVID related.

Not saying your wrong but I didn’t catch that in his interview. Having 2 players and the trainer being in COVID protocol might be enough to upset the teams balance. 

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Not saying your wrong but I didn’t catch that in his interview. Having 2 players and the trainer being in COVID protocol might be enough to upset the teams balance. 

Just going off what @ARonposted in this thread earlier that Ford said it wasn’t basketball or COVID related.

8 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Not a pass unless he was passing to no one. The goaltending call was right. It was a floater shot that was clearly on the way down.

Sure it was the right call.  But that was a pass to Traore at the rim, not a shot.  We got a break that Fordham tried to deflect a pass that was indeed on it's downward path.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Sure it was the right call.  But that was a pass to Traore at the rim, not a shot.  We got a break that Fordham tried to deflect a pass that was indeed on it's downward path.

I don’t think it was a pass. I watched it a few times. If it was, it was way, way off. No way Traore could have even touched it. When the ball leaves Jones hands Traore is outside the lane on the opposite side of the rim where the pass is coming down standing flat footed. He’s not moving toward the rim at all, and would have had to go through the Fordham big, catch and do a 360 reverse dunk. In fact as Jones starts the drive and just before he enters the lane, Traore is moving away from the basket, it was clearly a shot not a pass. 

I’ve witnessed some obnoxious opposition fans in Chaifetz over the past few years, but those three ladies from Fordham take the cake.  The cute one in the middle needs to try out for the female lead in Phantom of the Opera. Took over 103 by screaming nonstop for the entire second half…her voice never dropped an octave…

9 hours ago, Littlebill said:

That’s a surprising number. Def thought there were more people there than that

I sit in section 101 and there are a lot of fans not showing up the last 2 games.

I understand the no shows for Iona because most fans probably had plans Saturday. Most fans are not the wife and I, the plans we have is Billiken basketball in the winter otherwise we are home.

A ticket holder in 101 must have given their tickets to a drunk person that kept yelling at the Billikens and got kicked out.

8 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I sit in section 101 and there are a lot of fans not showing up the last 2 games.

I understand the no shows for Iona because most fans probably had plans Saturday. Most fans are not the wife and I, the plans we have is Billiken basketball in the winter otherwise we are home.

A ticket holder in 101 must have given their tickets to a drunk person that kept yelling at the Billikens and got kicked out.

They are not showing up because of the mandate... many, even if they are vaccinated, are not comfortable having their young children and teens vaccinated.... it’s that simple....

Old guy and billiken_roy like this

23 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

I’ve witnessed some obnoxious opposition fans in Chaifetz over the past few years, but those three ladies from Fordham take the cake.  The cute one in the middle needs to try out for the female lead in Phantom of the Opera. Took over 103 by screaming nonstop for the entire second half…her voice never dropped an octave…

I thought it was odd they were on that side of the arena. Also, agree that the loudest one was cute.

24 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Evidence? - not antidotal.

It is apparent that the slu management does not believe their own mandates based on few fans wearing masks and the mask mandate is not enforced. this is based on television shots of the fans along with unmasked coaching staff. i personally am not driving to see a game in person and jump thru the hoops, i will watch at home