GDT: Ram Tough

Taj79

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Is the transfer portal open?  Williams, Strickland and Lorentsson might as well enter now. They ain't gonna play much, if at all, the rest of this season.  We only went 7 deep today with any meaningful minutes. 

I mean, you're not gonna be a bench player at williams level, so he's worth keeping.  Lorentsson and Strickland are only freshman, AL has a load of potential with more weight..

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Is the transfer portal open?  Williams, Strickland and Lorentsson might as well enter now. They ain't gonna play much, if at all, the rest of this season.  We only went 7 deep today with any meaningful minutes. 

Strickland’s D on that one possession where he made the Fordham player look like Iverson made me finally realize why he doesn’t play.  He doesn’t even bend down on defense, it was very weird. 

Tough break on Fordham losing their top scorer.  We know the feeling. Neptune has already established a defensive identity.  The tough part, as always at Fordham, is keeping players.

Our experienced guys finally reverted to form in the second half.  Jimerson ran himself open, Yuri dropped dimes and Franco got his double double.  Get well soon, Fred and Marten.

13 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Yes, beating the spread and the Wiz's projection = Fail

It’s definitely not a fail since the got the W and it’s nice they covered.

That said it didn’t do a lot for my confidence moving forward. The turnovers are becoming a trend. The sloppy starts continue to be frustrating. They can’t play like that and expect to beat good teams or even average teams on the road.

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

That said it didn’t do a lot for my confidence moving forward. The turnovers are becoming a trend. The sloppy starts continue to be frustrating. They can’t play like that and expect to beat good teams or even average teams on the road.

We're a textbook NIT team.  We win the games we're supposed to win and lose the games where we are the underdog or are playing a higher ranked team.  We don't have any conference first-teamers but we do have a good collection of basketball players.

59 minutes ago, ARon said:

Per Ford’s post game comments it sounds like there was something neither basketball or COVID related weighing in the players’ minds today but he didn’t elaborate.

This.  Need to have the research and detectives out to find out about this.  Sounded like Rammer knew about it.  The way coach talked it sounded way serious.

mhg

ARon likes this

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I agree to some extent, but you have to look at games as whole. On here if you have a bad 10 minutes you're probably not good enough to play Jr High ball and if you have a great 10 minutes, ehhh you're ok. 

Some of the things said about Okoro in the 1st half were silly. You'd have thought he was 1-10 not 1-4. He had 4 rebounds also in 13 minutes. Ahhh but maybe we spoke too soon. He was 4-5 with 6 boards in 10 minutes in the 2nd half for a double/double in 23 minutes. Games are rarely great for 40 minutes. Good streaks and bad streaks in every game for every team. 

We also played this game missing our co #1 big, and probably our 7th man in Thatch. 

Also as far as the season goes, name me the SLU team that could lose their best player ( a player that was rated as a top 20 wing in the country by some ) and still be a tourney team. I can help if anyone is unsure. The answer is none in the last 60 years. 

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Fordham. I said next level. Mainly can't have him and Yuri on the court together.

At least for today’s game having them both on the court at the same time was essential to us turning the game around. We were having all kinds of trouble handling the ball until Jones came in and took some pressure off Yuri. I do Agee this won’t work if the opposition has big guards. 

HoosierPal likes this