GDT: ABC

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Okoro's night is to be expected up against a guy like Holmes. But Yuri was just down right terrible

I disagree only bc okoro should be better than a frosh who is not an elite recruit. I thought he’d have a battle, sure, but he was schooled by someone who he shouldn’t be schooled by . Linssen would have really been big cause his foot work would have had him bitting every time. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I disagree only bc okoro should be better than a frosh who is not an elite recruit. I thought he’d have a battle, sure, but he was schooled by someone who he shouldn’t be schooled by . Linssen would have really been big cause his foot work would have had him bitting every time. 

That's a good point. They were pretty similarly ranked coming out of high school, so you would expect Okoro to be better. 

1 minute ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

That's a good point. They were pretty similarly ranked coming out of high school, so you would expect Okoro to be better. 

I’ll give okoro the Benefit of missing time with shoulder  surgery, but he should be better still. He was dominated. Not just outworked. 

3 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

I know its all tentative due to COVID, but we have an extremely favorable stretch coming up. Fordham, UMassx2, GW, and Duquesne. Great opportunity to stack some wins. 

Yep. I’ve believe 15-3 gets us in as long as no bad losses. This remains true, and UD was one of those that fits the losses. But man I’m tired of now winning big match ups.  Especially tired of dropping an egg and having players disappear 

Just now, wgstl said:

Yep. I’ve believe 15-3 gets us in as long as no bad losses. This remains true, and UD was one of those that fits the losses. But man I’m tired of now winning big match ups.  Especially tired of dropping an egg and having players disappear 

Hopefully Dayton can work their way into the top 75 NET so this is a Q1 loss 

A few thoughts before back to hibernation 

- this team goes as Yuri goes. Which is normal for a non power conference team to have one guy who is the engine. He has had some insanely good games but too many clunkers

- Nesbitt has to be the backup PG when Yuri sits. Jones had some moments but Nesbitt is flat out better even if he isn't totally ready. We are only talking about 2 minutes per half where he's needed most games

- I want Jimerson taking 6+ 3s every game. I'll take my chances. I understand the "big shot" concern but ill still give him the ball in any situation given the current roster

- We need Linssen back desperately 

- Grant can really coach. He had some clunkers this year with a young team but I like him and the way Dayton plays

NH likes this

I’m going back to offensive game planning for this one.

There seemed to be no game plan at all and they seemed caught off guard.

How many times did they cross the time line and do absolutely nothing for 10 seconds? Then they panicked and either threw up a contested shot or turned it over.

The shot clock was always running low and nothing was ever accomplished.

They did great battling back the beginning of the second half. But you can’t come back from 12 point deficits when you don’t have any depth.

They spent so much energy climbing back into it that they had nothing left the final 8-10 minutes.

Conference road games are always tough but I feel they weren’t prepared and beat themselves tonight and that hurts 

51 minutes ago, wgstl said:

than ford, who’s been dealt a bad hand(Covid + sit 2) from going to March what 4/5 years?

Kind of wild the one year we made the tournament with Ford as our coach we needed a miracle run in the conference tournament. But, I suppose it’s good to see how his family spins it.

20 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I’m going back to offensive game planning for this one.

There seemed to be no game plan at all and they seemed caught off guard.

How many times did they cross the time line and do absolutely nothing for 10 seconds? Then they panicked and either threw up a contested shot or turned it over.

The shot clock was always running low and nothing was ever accomplished.

Yeah, the offense was rather stagnant tonight. I felt like we were seeing some positive signs with a lot of player and ball movement, but the past two games we’ve seen too much of the opposite. I guess at least we pulled off one of those two.

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Kind of wild the one year we made the tournament with Ford as our coach we needed a miracle run in the conference tournament. But, I suppose it’s good to see how his family spins it.

Hopefully he pays me 

5 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

Need a competitive point guard from transfer portal for next year.  I'm a big Yuri fan but we need more than 1 PG.

We have one, ford just likes to sit him at bad times