GDT - The Gaels

Fraz

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C’mon ——- Pitino had the depth and the size in his traditional guards to hammer Yuri all over the court.  And if Yuri doesn’t bring the ball up, we are kind of lost.  I am hard pressed to figure any team in the A10 having a similar roster except maybe St. Joes.  But the Joeys are not defenders like the Gaels we’re.  The Joeys are soft.  

dlarry likes this

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don’t know about top 20 but in their conf I can see them as a Zaga type team. What less would u expect from slick Rick. The man can coach hoops. 

They play in MAAC.  They get some extra cred bc of their coach alone. 

They’re a great team and whoever plays them in March will hate it and could lose depending on the team.

13 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

C’mon ——- Pitino had the depth and the size in his traditional guards to hammer Yuri all over the court.  And if Yuri doesn’t bring the ball up, we are kind of lost.  I am hard pressed to figure any team in the A10 having a similar roster except maybe St. Joes.  But the Joeys are not defenders like the Gaels we’re.  The Joeys are soft.  

I agree, hard as that is to say, but the guy guarding Yurimania was 6’3 with the wingspan of Big Bird. Yurimania’s always gonna have problems with guys like that. It’s why I suggested in an earlier post that JNez should be PG b, ie we effectively  play 2 PG’s. The 6’3”-4” PG’s, that every coach love, aren’t going to eat him up. 

9 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Pitino had SLU completely diagnosed, shut down Yuri Collins and Gibson Jimerson. When that happens, Option 3 is Jordan Nesbitt. But Nesbitt needs to be on the floor, not on the bench. 

Nesbitt lead SLU in scoring and played 34 minutes. Though, I have no idea why he was not on the court for our final play. I would take him over Hargrove in that instance. I would probably have him taking the final shot in that game.

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Nesbitt lead SLU in scoring and played 34 minutes. Though, I have no idea why he was not on the court for our final play. I would take him over Hargrove in that instance. I would probably have him taking the final shot in that game.

I think he fouled out 

Crewsorlose and cheeseman like this

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

He had fouled out.

11 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Pitino had SLU completely diagnosed, shut down Yuri Collins and Gibson Jimerson. When that happens, Option 3 is Jordan Nesbitt. But Nesbitt needs to be on the floor, not on the bench. 

Nesbitt is growing into option 3.  Once he figures out to get some easy buckets instead of forcing all that high degree of difficulty stuff, he might even grow into option number 1.  He played 34 minutes.  The only reason he was on the bench in final seconds is because he fouled out.

The true 3rd option tonight was throwing the ball at the basket and having Okoro and Thatch go get it.

Crewsorlose likes this

8 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

About as clean as possible in person FWIW

Yikes!  I concede

I was there as well, just on the opposite side of the floor. The way he went down away from the rim made it look like a brutal foul, but just watched it again for the first time. Great block. All time bad take from Fred but he made up for it so we’re good