GDT - The Gaels

Fraz

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 points and 9 boards for Okoro.

The arm bar on Yuri right in front of me got me started on the refs.

Iona should have more fouls they have been beating up Yuri.

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again:. What's the answer to the scenario where a team has the personnel to take Yuri and Jimerson out of the game?  Strategically I don't think there is one.  Either Nesbitt transforms into a consistent offensive player over the next month or we're just praying for an A10 tournament run. 

Fred and Okoro are doing their best to bully ball us to victory tonight but that's not a long-term solution.

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Pretty even if you ask me. We bumping them as much as they are. 

No way. We have gotten away with a lot at the rim, 4-5 times, which is even between the teams. They are bumping the ball handler and every off the ball player as much as they can. You could call half of their bumps every possession. If this was Davidson, at Home, the refs whistle would have to be retired and replaced.

The best comment by the announcers was, Pitino said he’s happy to finish at Iona. And in the next breath, I don’t believe it. Someone will come after him. 
When u see guys like Pearl and Sampson getting new lives at the bigs, you just know someone will give Pitino a job, and he’ll jump. I still think Fordham missed a big opportunity when they didn’t land him. Hate him if you will, but he’d have been great for the A10.