Fraz

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

St Mary's is a gael

Bingo. Both Iona and St. Mary's are Christian Brothers. It's historically an Irish order.

The St. Mary's mascot looks like a knight, unlike the Iona mascot, which sort of looks like Abraham Lincoln or something.

For Iona's game against Alabama, the Tuscaloosa paper did this lighthearted story on Iona's mascot.

Everyone dressed today Linssen practicing.

Strickland was hitting some 3’s in practice which is an improvement.

Jones 3 point shot is looking better in practice.

Jimerson is as smooth as ever.

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Boo!  If you ever watched the original Brian’s Son as a kid, Sayers has a special place in your heart.

Brian’s Song and Bang the Drum Slowly are still two of my favorite movies.  Although they tend to cause the roof to leak above my chair.

a Gael is someone who speaks Gaelic.  Or someone who knows how to find Amach, and now’s it is not a place.

brianstl likes this

I'll be surprised if linssen is effective tonight.  Seems to me he's showing discomfort.   Probably a ways from recovered.

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I'll be surprised if linssen is effective tonight.  Seems to me he's showing discomfort.   Probably a ways from recovered.

Williams is hitting more shots in warmups I have ever seen.  Yuri looks comfortable shooting 3’s.

My wife agrees with you about Linssen.

24 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Boo!  If you ever watched the original Brian’s Son as a kid, Sayers has a special place in your heart.

Classic scene at the beginning. Brian Piccolo tells Gale Sayers that George Halas is "a little deaf in his left ear ... so you gotta stand on his right hand side if you want him to hear a word you say." Pretty humorous classic scene, as Gale Sayers sort of dances around Halas to constantly talk into his "good ear". That's at the beginning, before the heart wrenching stuff later in the story.

9 minutes ago, Minerva N. Owl said:

Classic scene at the beginning. Brian Piccolo tells Gale Sayers that George Halas is "a little deaf in his left ear ... so you gotta stand on his right hand side if you want him to hear a word you say." Pretty humorous classic scene, as Gale Sayers sort of dances around Halas to constantly talk into his "good ear". That's at the beginning, before the heart wrenching stuff later in the story.

Great stuff.